Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Bacter posted:

What do you consider the right equipment? Swapper, stealth shield, key cloner?

Typically for ghost runs, I like to have an extreme range key cloner, to avoid necessary contact with guards. Then two stealth shields as high capacity as I can grab. Then either two high capacity crash beams or inversion beams. Crash beam ideally, since inversion beams can cause unwanted harm in the case of turrets and a certain other kind of contractor we haven't encountered yet. Then i like having two high capacity slipstreams as often times you can just blur through a room before anyone has a chance to properly notice you. Then, lastly, and most important of all, a wrench. Absolutely critical to finish high difficulty rescue missions, since having a way to crack open a nearby window to evac a hostage is incredibly helpful, since the only device which can still work when you're holding someone is the slipstream so getting out is a lot more difficult then getting in, although come to think of it, the slipstream itself will let you run fast enough into a window to break it that way. Replacing one of doubled up items in my list with a teleporting device of your choice can also be handy in the right circumstances. Visitors are quite good for steal missions and swappers and sidewinders are excellent if you need to get somewhere fast.

One you're kitted out like that, any mission ghost or otherwise is trivial. Except where Jammers are roaming about, not impossible mind you, but certainly more of a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

TooMuchAbstraction posted:

A sheet and a theremin.

I could stand to have a way to throw sound around, just enough to get enemies to go 'huh?' and look in that direction rather than "WELL gently caress THAT'S A GUN EVERYBODY GO ON ALERT"

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

Sage Grimm posted:

I could stand to have a way to throw sound around, just enough to get enemies to go 'huh?' and look in that direction rather than "WELL gently caress THAT'S A GUN EVERYBODY GO ON ALERT"

Throw your tools and weapons, but aim at walls instead of skulls!

Throw a loaded gun for extra fun

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.

Happy new year, everybody! As always when there's a break, my apologies, but this season is super busy. BUT ANYWAY, this is the part of the game where the curves for each particular mercenary become a little shorter. We do a few missions to get money, we get better gear, we liberate some stations.

At this point, you could just entirely grind that out and call it a victory, liberating enough stations to wipe the four sides out. OR.... you could start doing some CHALLENGES. I'll start doing the unique challenge characters, taking on the glory and mistake missions, and trying to go for some characters with particular vows from here on out - videos will be about those, and it'll be assumed that I'm still grinding through stations and liberating them as we go.

This is like... the tipping point where we're officially in the second half of the game! Hope you enjoy it!

Bacter fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jan 2, 2019

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Small thing: you could have saved your Frail character.

You were right next to a Jammer field. If you're outside of one of those and try to teleport into one - it bounces and ejects you out into space.

Also: Subverter Grenades unlock doors. And they're silent. It's actually one of the best stealth tools.

Bacter
Jan 27, 2012

Nie wywoluj wilka z lasu, glupku.
See, THESE are the high-quality tips I come here for. Knowing a method of egress from the center of a ship is CRUCIAL information. At least until you get breach grenades! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Just wanted to say I’ve been enjoying this!