Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

bitterandtwisted posted:

Buster Scruggs is one of the most fun characters they’ve done and I wish his part was bigger.

That segment just made me feel happy as poo poo, the songs were genuinely good while simultaneously being incredibly catchy and funny.

I wish it was a full length film, but at the same time I also somewhat realize its brevity is what lent it a large margin of its effectiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

BiggerBoat posted:

- JK Simmons in Burn After Reading who is unsure what they're doing but feels like they should learn from it anyway. The Russian counsalent who stares at a CD and asks "PC or MAC"?
Brad Pitt was amazing as Chad. He's such a waste as a leading man.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

JebanyPedal posted:

That segment just made me feel happy as poo poo, the songs were genuinely good while simultaneously being incredibly catchy and funny.

I wish it was a full length film, but at the same time I also somewhat realize its brevity is what lent it a large margin of its effectiveness.

Ya i feel like the brevity made me like the characters in each chapter more. Last one was my fav

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

SilkyP posted:

I thought Buster Scruggs was great

"Surly Joe" might just be my favorite movie song ever.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

trickybiscuits posted:

Brad Pitt was amazing as Chad. He's such a waste as a leading man.

Agreed. Same in True Romance.
My wife’s second favorite Coen Bros line is “You think it’s a Schwinn!”

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

bewilderment posted:

I haven't seen their entire body of work but I watched Intolerable Cruelty at home and enjoyed it :(
What's wrong with it?

I watched it after hearing everyone say it was terrible and I thought it was a hoot. To be sure, not their deepest film by ANY measure, but a fantastic light comedy.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I know I am in the minority, but I don't mind The Ladykillers, or Intolerable Cruelty.

Intolerable Cruelty is hugely derivative, and is trying way way too hard to be "screwball", and The Ladykillers isn't that funny. But I don't think either deserves the scorn they get.

They are undeniably among the weaker, if not the weakest, Cohen Bros. films, and are definitely disappointing coming from them, but objectively they are meh at worst, not bad under normal situations, and have their moments at best.

Again, I know I am in teh minority holding this opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
One of my favorites is the old fat lawyer in Serious Man who immediately has a heart attack before he can actually say anything. Somehow it's really memorable to me.