Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

This has now been rebranded as JC4: Reloaded.

The complete package is around $13.

At this point I'll probably buy it just to mess around. Can anyone confirm they patched most of the issues?
I'm assuming not.

I tried playing it again some weeks ago and despite it being glitch-free it's still a really boring game structurally with tons of pointless meandering. I guess if you really want more Just Cause you could check it out for $13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haldolium
Oct 22, 2016

Inzombiac posted:

This has now been rebranded as JC4: Reloaded.

The complete package is around $13.

At this point I'll probably buy it just to mess around. Can anyone confirm they patched most of the issues?
I'm assuming not.

I think the game is absolutely worth that price. A lot of graphic issues have been resolved as well as overall stability improvements. And it's Just Cause in its core.
As posted before I enjoyed most of the regular game for about 40h, both DLC can be disregarded though.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Alright. $13 is less than I pay for lunch some days so there are worse ways to spend my money.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Thats worth it if your pc can run it well still probably not worth it on console though

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
There is a DLC that gives you access to the hoverboard and it is pretty fun to zip around transitioning from the hoverboard to the wingsuit and back. There are also a bunch of different DLC that unlock vehicles, but between the wingsuit and its infinitely reloading missile barrage and being able to use your regular weapons at high speed on the hoverboard, vehicles are more pointless than ever.

Wrr
Aug 8, 2010

Was considering getting Reloaded, but since my major complaint is core to the game itself I don't think it will really be worth it. Separating liberation of territory from blowing up Red Things, and making Red Things respawn is a real bummer.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Game's free this weekend on Steam, so now's probably a pretty good time to see if you want to buy it. I bought this back at launch but refunded because $60 was a lot to ask but if it's improved somewhat since then I could see myself finding $13 worth of fun out of it.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Been playing during the free weekend, enjoying the hell out of it and I'll probably get the Gold edition at least, since the Black Market stuff doesn't seem that good.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Or... maybe not? Won the game, freed all the regions, unlocked all the retractors and lifters, set up the 5th game, stood at the peak.

Edit: I don't know what it is, but I felt less motivated to do everything in this game as opposed to 2 and 3. Maybe it felt less fun? The chaos system didn't feel as rewarding, I actually missed the notifications and tallying of all the destructible objects. I enjoyed the other games showing that I missed an object somewhere to find.

And satchel charges/remote detonating C4.

It was fun but felt lacking somewhere. Story was fine, if a repeat of every other Just Cause game, but it was something about the gameplay that felt off.

Fire Storm fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Nov 11, 2019

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I tried the game during the free weekend and it was a bit of a mess.
Performance would start tanking after 30 minutes in Borderless windowed (didn't happen in Fullscreen) and cutscenes look really low res.
FOV was bad and made it hard to know what was going on around me.
I don't get why the army mechanics were put in at all, since they don't really add fun to the game.
In the tutorial section, I would grapple up onto the side of the large concrete platforms, maybe 2 meters down from the edge, only to get the voice lines about how there is an intruder in the area and have enemies that were 10+ meters away from the edge start trying to fire through the concrete platform at me.

I didn't have any crashes, at least, but it was just a slog compared to 3.
Felt extremely sloppy overall.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I ended up getting the complete edition since it's a meager $24 and then immediately got an email saying I've exceeded my data cap, lmao.

Guess I'll try it out on Sunday.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Refund it while you still can.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Deakul posted:

Refund it while you still can.

It would be my second time refunding the same game, haha.

I just want to mess around with the new gadgets.

They seem really neat and I don't give a single toss about the story.

This is a mistake, huh?

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker
If you had fun in previous Just Cause games, you will get your $24 worth out of this one.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Depending on if you can deal with that awful UI and how chaos doesn't even matter anymore.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WELL!

I've gotten almost 20 hours in and...

Just Cause 4 is good, y'all.

The army mechanic needs some fleshing out but there's nothing here that is decidedly worse than JC3.

More weapons with more modes, more map variety, WAY more tether options and toys.

The missions are kinda samey but this type of game is only as boring as the player.

I like that the activities are just out in the world instead of behind a loading screen. The small incidental stuff you can do is great "Hey, fling me as far as you can for this movie. Weeeee!"

I have about half of the territories unlocked and now I'm fighting goddamn demons. Hell, even the destruction derby races are fun.

The cutscenes still look weird but no one is playing a JC for the story. Safe to ignore.
I've only had one lockup but that's because I was riding a balloon rocket car at max altitude and left the game running to go see a movie.

The rocket wingsuit is flat-out cheating but this is the best Iron Man game were gonna get so gently caress it.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

The full game with all dlc is super cheap now, good for someone who liked 2 but not 3?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

The full game with all dlc is super cheap now, good for someone who liked 2 but not 3?

Yeah, there's more map variety and challenges are not behind a loading screen.

I think 4 is better than 3, over all.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
I feel like there isn't enough poo poo to blow up in this one.

the tethers are fun, but again, there isn't enough poo poo to blow up. or am I missing something?

in just cause 2 you only had to go like 10 feet before there was another base to destroy. here most of the cities don't have anything except generic open world races, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sioux
May 30, 2006

some ghoulish parody of humanity
Picked this up a week ago and am having fun. I played JC2 and JC3 (although I didn't "finish" the last one). I'm having a lot of fun in JC4. I like the system where you advance the front by doing missions and assigning squads. In the previous games I liked blowing stuff up to create chaos, but searching around at a base for 30mins for that ONE tiny generator that you missed in order to advance the map felt tedious. That's definitely better now. The tether system received an upgrade, I love using the lifting balloons. I also really like the hoverboard. Other than that, the cars, equipment drops (improved), stunts, and irrelevant story is pretty much the same as in other JC titles.