Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacewolf
May 19, 2014

Earwicker posted:

my parents live near Natick and i have never seen anyone in a Service Dress uniform, nor for that matter any hills

Yeah, Natick is a lab - it's owned by the army, run by the army, technically an army post, but it's mostly civilians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
The plot thickens

Also hello earwicker i saw you live once, that poo poo was good!

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Duck and Cover posted:

Undercut his prices until he can't afford to continue business.

This. You gotta Bezos this mofo - it's all about market share. Hes out of the building, you've got a steady flow of customers: boom. You just put two birds on the throne.

pat_b
Feb 14, 2009
Fallen Rib

Spacewolf posted:

Plymouth, MA is not at all a military town. I think the closest AF base that's at all operational is Hanscom AFB, up north of Boston. Army is out at Natick Labs, but other than that? No military really near Boston or Cape Cod, anymore.

When we were on Cape it was uncommon to see military types around but it wasn't rare, especially in Bourne. I mean the joint base isn't that far from the bridge. Wouldn't make sense for them to be in Plymouth tho

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Vaginal Vagrant posted:

Anyway op, you should release some poisonous wildlife into his house. Perhaps a deadly wombat.

Nah mate a wombat'd knock down too many walls. The landlord would be bloody pissed. OP's in Sydney so he should be able to wrangle a couple dozen funnelwebs to do the job no worries.

Leviathan Song
Sep 8, 2010
You might try hiring your own security guard to stand in the hallway. They're shockingly cheap for a week or so and it would probably tank his business. Easily affordable if a few neighbors chip in.

A lot of these ideas are also way easier to pull off anonymously if you can find a local busybody to plant the seed of an idea in. Is there anyone bored and more easily angered than you in the building?

crowtribe
Apr 2, 2013

I'm noice, therefore I am.
Grimey Drawer
Dob a Dealer, Crimestoppers?

Get a doctor to write a report saying you're suffering undue stress because of the environment you're in and maybe mention it to the P.I.G. when calling them. See if it gets bumped up the chain?

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

I lived below a crack apartment in Cleveland, OH. There were people in and out all day long smoking crack. I took the direct approach and banged on their door at 4AM every night, called cops, called the landlord. They usually quieted down when I knocked on the door and told them to cut the poo poo. They were in the process of being evicted when one of the crack heads stabbed another one in the hallway. There was blood everywhere. Drug dealers suck.

I'd try knocking and telling him you know whats up and you're working on getting his poo poo shut down. I know its a ballsy move to gently caress with a drug dealers income, but it may spook him enough to move shop or slow it down.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The_Continental posted:

I lived below a crack apartment in Cleveland, OH. There were people in and out all day long smoking crack. I took the direct approach and banged on their door at 4AM every night, called cops, called the landlord. They usually quieted down when I knocked on the door and told them to cut the poo poo. They were in the process of being evicted when one of the crack heads stabbed another one in the hallway. There was blood everywhere. Drug dealers suck.

I'd try knocking and telling him you know whats up and you're working on getting his poo poo shut down. I know its a ballsy move to gently caress with a drug dealers income, but it may spook him enough to move shop or slow it down.

This, along with a lot of other posts in this thread, is insanely bad advice that could easily get someone killed. You are a loving idiot.

Literally one sentence apart, "yeah drug dealers are bad and stabbings happen and poo poo" - "go threaten your next door neighbor who sells and does meth"

Threatening to snitch on someone is a great way to get ran up on. No, the cops won't protect or help you. They're cops. They don't give a gently caress about you. You're dumb as poo poo for thinking they do. I know you're not in the USA but ACAB

empty whippet box fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 17, 2019

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
How long has he been doing that? A 'small time' meth dealer operating in such a public fashion in Australia has a non-zero chance of being sanctioned by more sophisticated groups.

I don't know what to tell you, but knocking on his door and confronting him is the worst advice that can be given unless you are sure he is a one-person operation (not likely) and that you can basically run him off if it comes to that. If he a lone wolf, whoever claims that territory will take care of it

Your Cleveland crack using neighbor seems more like a user than a serious, dedicated dealer, which is why he was being evicted and why your method worked

e; On further thought, I would say just try to wait it out a bit longer. Rather he's sanctioned or not, he's causing a disruption and someone will correct it.

Dr.Caligari fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Mar 17, 2019

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I was in this situation once. We moved and never looked back; of course in our case we had a crackhead below us and a prostitute directly below him.

Whatever you do, don't directly confront or interact with these people. Personally I'd just GtFO, methheads are notoriously violent as far as junkies go.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Call the police but this time say you suspect he's a white nationalist and you saw him with an illegal firearm talking smack about minorities.

They won't find any of this when they bust down his door, but they will find the drugs.

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Call the police but this time say you suspect he's a white nationalist and you saw him with an illegal firearm talking smack about minorities.

They won't find any of this when they bust down his door, but they will find the drugs.
Worked in 1980.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D0bztv4IREs

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

What if the cops are also white nationalists that also likes to talk smack and only sometimes shoot minorities

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Dr.Caligari posted:

What if the cops are also white nationalists that also likes to talk smack and only sometimes shoot minorities

Say there's a pretty white girl in there being held against her will.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

Say there's a pretty white girl in there being held against her will.

Better make it an extremely white girl, if they think there's any doubt they might not come

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Just gonna use this to vent. The guy is still dealing. The police, council, and real estate agent are all well aware but nothing is happening. I was talking to my neighbours today and they're all as fed up as I am. Going to look into starting a neighbourhood watch.

Today alone the following happened:

Someone emptied all the fire extinguishers into the hallway and onto the drug dealers door. The entire upstairs carpet is covered in a white powder from it. I hope that poo poo isn't toxic.

A car was left in the carpark with the engine running all day.

I saw a junkie steal a suitcase and jump over the fence into the church carpark with it (got a picture of it).

I caught a guy trying to pick the lock to my bathroom. The guy was high as hell. The only other person to use that bathroom is a young woman that's all of 5ft nothing. Fortunately nobody was in there.

A junkie (the dealers ex I think) had a screaming argument with the drug dealer about was she was owed while trying to kick his door down for about an hour. Threatening him with bloody murder and abusing any resident that happened to pass her in the hall. This all happened while people were coming back from work.

The police were notified of all of this. Three separate tenants (that I know about) called them for one or more of these issues and the police have still not responded. A cop actually called me back to chew me out for calling to ask for an ETA. There were 5 junkies on the premises at the time - one of whom was the creep I caught trying to pick the bathroom lock. He hung around for hours.

I contacted DT and ACA today (anyone in Australia will know just how desperate I've got to be to go down that avenue). I've got a picture of a blood splatter in the laundry from where someone was assaulted. Hopefully that will be enough to pique their interest.

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

ACAB. Take the law into your own hands OP.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Sounds like someone needs to watch Death Wish 3 for a bit of inspiration.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
Well the extinguishers are gone so now it's obviously time to light the building on fire. :unsmigghh:

Renter insurance payout and nobody would blame you because the burnt meth lab next door would be pegged as the culprit.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Take the opportunity to stop paying rent

DreadLlama
Jul 15, 2005
Not just for breakfast anymore
If you already have a chainsaw, Rapco industries will sell you a rescue chain to go with it. https://rapcoindustries.com/

If you don't already own a chainsaw, here is an Australian vendor: https://www.bigredtruck.com.au/cutters-edge-concrete-cutting-saw-ce94crs

Anyways just remove some of the exterior wall to his apartment. Don't take it out all at once. You want the landlord to be facing a growing repair bill the longer he ignores you. And don't worry about the meth head. You're standing in his apartment with a running chainsaw. What's he going to do?

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I saw a junkie steal a suitcase and jump over the fence into the church carpark with it (got a picture of it).

Give a picture of that to the skeeviest tabloid in the city. "Illegal immigrant druggies stealing from local church!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Talk to your other neighbors and get them to join you in withholding the rent.
Hit the rental company where it hurts.
Tell the local papers you're doing this, too.