Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RobertKerans
Aug 25, 2006

There is a heppy lend
Fur, fur aw-a-a-ay.
Offering. Had a new job set up at a local consultancy. Put in my notice at my current job. Consultancy cancelled the new job. So I'm now sitting around on gardening leave putting job applications in and feeling sorry for myself. I'm a mid-level/individual-contributor-level developer, ~10 years experience. Was working on Rust and Elixir backend web stuff for {finance-related company}. Prior to that, was a lead on customer-facing apps (React/React Native/Typescript). Long-term want to work locally, but for now looking for remote roles, ideally contract.

Location: I'm based in the north of England, so it's gonna be Remote
Languages: JS/TS, Elixir, Rust. Bit of SQL. Lots of CSS. Plus somewhat atrophied prod experience in Go, Ruby, C#, Python, OCaml, Elm, Lua.
Frameworks: React (+ Next atm), React Native, Phoenix, Axum, amongst others.
Things you like to do: web UI stuff, web apps, web APIs, microservice-y stuff w/r/t Rust, internal tooling (CLI and admin-ey dashboard-ey stuff). Boring UI styling/accessibility/testing/i18n stuff. Also probably useful to note that I'm originally from a design background rather than CS and still fairly hot on on that; that's generally been of interest to people I've worked for.
Availability: Contract work ideally, but full-time if there's something interesting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xpander
Sep 2, 2004
Offering. I'm looking to pick up some contract work while my startup bootstraps. I mostly do cloud related stuff but also full-stack. 10+ YOE as a deep generalist, leading teams but primarily focused on high-level IC work.

Languages: JS/TS, Python, Node, Bash I guess?, C# (rusty but totally doable and I love it)
Frameworks: Angular, Flask/Django, Cloudformation, CDK, Terraform (bit rusty)
Things you like to do: cloud-native applications, solution architecture, backend design, data modelling, devops things, developer experience/productivity tooling (I wrote a CLI to authenticate with our user pool and interact with the API to dodge the up-front need for an admin dashboard)
Availability: Contract/hourly work

Justa Dandelion
Nov 27, 2020

[sobbing] Look at the circles under my eyes. I haven't slept in weeks!

Offering. I am a high performing leader in my current industry who loves to program. My only experience is in freelance tools for friends and family. I am currently delivering my first actually well written tool as a CLI alpha version. I have 6 years writing in Python (mostly self taught), C# for unity, C++ for classes, and a programming cert from a local state college. I open and operate bars/restaurants for a living and am tired of 80 hour weeks project managing multiple properties. My catch 22 is that I do not make enough to make much headway in saving, I work too much to do substantial work on my portfolio, and I cannot afford to leave my current job for others in my current industry in town. Recent code reviews have told me that I am capable enough to do this professionally, and I love the work. Junior level programming or help desk, or whatever can get my foot in the door is what I am looking for. I have a modest salary ask, and I am willing to sacrifice for 6mo-1yr to get the work experience. Thank you to any kind goon that has read this far. I really need help. PM for my crappy github.

Languages: Python, SQL, HTML/CSS
Frameworks: Flask/FastAPI
Things you like to do: learn, do things well for the sake of craftsmanship, leverage life experience, provide tools for small business
Availability: Contract/Full Time/Part Time

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

Necronomicon posted:

Current position is looking a little shaky so I'm doing some looking:

I'm a Sr DevOps engineer with 5 years experience, 8 years working in Linux systems in the cloud. Primarily AWS-based but have experience with GCP + Azure as well.

Location: Remote. Springfield, MA is an option but not preferable.
Systems: Kubernetes via EKS and ECS, AWS, Terraform (with certification), various flavors of CI/CD (most recently Github Actions, previously TravisCI). Previous experience with config mgmt via Puppet and Ansible, but it's been several years since most of the stuff I've worked on recently has all been containerized.
Languages: Proficient with bash, and a smattering of Python and Golang.

I'm good at getting your AWS environment under control, or at the very least Terraformed to hell and back. I'm also good at interacting with non-technical and management types, and can explain to higher ups what's going on and why we're doing it.

Bumping this, since I lost my job last week. Basically all the same still applies, but now that I have all this spare time I'm going to be splitting it between learning Go and cuddling my 7-month old son.

Boba Chef
Jul 4, 2022
Just like everyone else, I got laid off. On the plus side that means I'm now available for tutoring...

Offering: I'm a mid-level full-stack web developer with around 5 years of eclectic experience, mostly in startups. I've also worked with game tech and creative computing and am open to going back in that direction. Can do pretty much everything needed to spin up a SaaS startup myself, so might be a good fit for early-stage opportunties.

As per my thread in SA Mart I'm also pretty good at tutoring.

Systems: Docker, lightweight Kubernetes, SQL and NoSQL databases, some light CI/CD with Github actions.

Languages: Python, JavaScript, C++, Go, SQL. A bit of Rust and C#.

Frameworks: Flask, Django, React.

Things you like to do: FOSS projects. CLI tooling. Data analytics / engineering. Building cool web apps. Building cool games. Helping other people learn how to build cool stuff.

Location: I live in Taiwan so probably remote-only. For the right offer I'd be open to relocating. I hold a British passport so can freely work in the UK and Ireland.

Availability: Anything up to full-time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender
Oct 9, 2000
Mechanical Bunny Rabbits!
Dinosaur Gum
Offering: SE1 on the cusp of SE2. Former career in low-level IT. 3 years of experience coding, the last two years at a fintech startup writing really complicated automation scripts and doing a lot of reverse engineering. I can do some pretty cool (totally legal) things to bypass captcha and (some) bot detection.

Systems: A bit of Docker, SQL/NoSQL

Languages: Python, JavaScript, and some rusty C#

Frameworks Flask, Django, FastAPI

Things you like to do: Internal tooling, difficult problem solving, bug hunting.

Availability: Yes.

Fender fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Feb 28, 2024