Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005
Last month's theme was Shapes. There were many shapes posted. Good work, everyone!

I saw a building with shapes on it and I'm extremely literal-minded so I took a picture of that building. It won, and now you're stuck with me during the festive season.

This month's theme is Gravity. Get your entries in by December 31. Or maybe a little later, there's lots of vacations happening. Plus there's a ball dropping sometime around then, and that's gravity right?

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. Note that you can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins! Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favorites!
4. Contest will be open until the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. EST after which voting will begin.
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably around midnight the evening of the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use your best judgement/good taste when venturing into territory.
7. When voting, please deploy the spoiler tag.

I or SoundMonkey reserve the right to change the rules in case I missed something really oblivious that probably won't affect everyone.

Winner picks the next theme, and makes the new thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

tk fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 3, 2019

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
You had to fight a lot of gravity to go up there. I’ll be damned if I was gonna do that.

Pilgrims to the Old Folly

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
Southbound Pachyderm

IMG_2775.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Don’t get how a selfie fits this month’s theme, but whatever!

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

President Beep posted:

S... son?

Your father and I are going to have words when you get home!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
OI000022 by CodfishPhotographer, on Flickr

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Wildcat Canyon Kite-1839 on Flickr

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
2019-01-02_06-26-45 by noonebutme2010, on Flickr

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005
Sorry about the delay all, holidays and all that. You'll have until the end of the day tomorrow to vote!

This month's winner:

President Beep posted:

Second place entries:

Helen Highwater posted:

Southbound Pachyderm

IMG_2775.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
My vote goes to TK because the photo is a good one and it fits the theme and I want to use up some space in this voting spoiler so that it's not obvious that it'a a vote for TK because the username is only two characters long. Anyway, that's my story, thanks for reading.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
qirex is also a short name. The end.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
BetterLekNextTime is not a short name and certainly isn't now after all this rambling on.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
I very much enjoy qirex’s photo.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Definitely Qirex, goddamn that angle rules, I'd love to know where it was shot from.

Pooper Trooper
Jul 4, 2011

neveroddoreven

CodfishCartographer's photo is super awesome I find

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Qirex. Nailed the theme and the composition is very cool—dig those bold vertical lines.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

love that shot by CodfishCartographer

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
Codfishcartographer, although I also like both, tk's and quirex's pictures a lot

pseudorandom
Jun 16, 2010

Yam Slacker
qirex because of well thought out but poorly explained reasons

KilroyWasHere
Oct 22, 2005
It takes me a really long time to count, everybody. But we have a winner with 5 votes!

Pick something interesting to take pictures of, Qirex.

Totals:
Qirix 5
CodfishCartographer 3
BetterLekNextTime 1
tk 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Hey, I won! I'll get a new post up this evening

CodfishCartographer posted:

I'd love to know where it was shot from.
25th floor of an office building, the crop did most of the work.