Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

kuffs posted:

Yo, just wanted to tell the thread that my treatment is over. Doc’s calling it a success. I now return to my regular rate of decay into entropy.

I need to dust off the bike and get it serviced. (I’m just gonna pay BMW to do it). But once I get my poo poo back together I’ll probably be doing some short rides to get my skill back up.

If you need anything, you know how to get a hold of me. I still have the bike trailer if all else fails.
This weekend early afternoon a co-worker and I are going to a Yamaha demo day. Want to get your bike instincts back on someone else's machine?

Yamaha Street Motorcycle Dealer Demo Event- Freedom Powersports of Hurst
Freedom Powersports of Hurst
633 NE Loop 820, Fort Worth, TX 76053
Ph: 817-285-9999
Friday, October 11, 2019 - Saturday, October 12, 2019
Participating Dealers
FREEDOM POWERSPORTS LLC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I’m afraid I’m out of town this weekend. But I do appreciate the offer :)

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

MSF BRC trip report: Went with GO Motorcycle Training, at their Irving range. Our instructor Tim was loving awesome, super enthusiastic about motorcycling, laid back and had a good sense of humor but he did a good job covering the dangerous parts appropriately. I was with a friend who decided to try it but was really really struggling and ended up leaving the class first thing this morning; Tim was incredibly patient with her and took lots of time out to talk one-on-one with her and some of the other students that were struggling at times.

The bikes were all very new and ran great, I got one of the two XT250s, there was one TW200 and the rest were Groms/Z125s. Honestly the only negative was that the classroom portion took place at the Yamaha dealership in Irving, at a couple folding tables in the corner of the parts department, and one of the sales managers made a pass at us briefly with a $500 "discount card". The new online segment takes a lot of the formality out of the class time, though, so it wasn't as important to have a classroom environment.

Anyway I can't speak to the other locations or instructor but Tim at Irving was great and I had a fantastic weekend and I'm really excited about riding motorcycles again.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.

FBS posted:

Anyway I can't speak to the other locations or instructor but Tim at Irving was great and I had a fantastic weekend and I'm really excited about riding motorcycles again.

Nice, congrats on getting back in, we don't get together as often in the area like we used to, but we post up from time to time. Now that it's much cooler out I might see if we can set up a few jaunts through the countryside.

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Anyone in the DFW area wanna ride the Indian FTR or some other Indian motorcycle?
Demo Day at "Republic of Texas Indian Motorcycle" In McKinney on December 10th and 11th.

Ride bikes like the Indian FTR:

or the scout bobber:

or the FTR:

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

Dallas Motorcycle show this weekend, I've never been to one but it seems like a fun chance to eyefuck a bunch of bikes. Worth a visit?

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
It'll be entertaining if the makers actually show up. Last year only 4 manufacturers actually went to the show so it was about useless. I'm going to go anyway just because.

kuffs
Mar 29, 2007

Projectile Dysfunction
I’ll be there on Sunday. Mosko Moto is gonna be there with their first riding gear offering and I want a look. My Klim isn’t going anywhere but I like Mosko’s engineering ethos and I like to keep abreast of current trends. I’m also hoping to see the rumored CBR250RR!!!

expensive jeans
Jun 20, 2003

Looks like Yamaha will be there this year and they'll be doing demo rides.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Not as disappointing as some of the past ones but still somewhat underwhelming.

There were somethings I was glad to see, they had a section of bikes for "new riders" with a few selections from each manufacturer.
Royal Enfield had a section but it was just a row and there was no one there to talk to, at least on Saturday.
The MV Agusta Turismo Veloce was neat but after looking at it, it was a bit of a mess. They put the turn signals in a ridiculous place. Why mount the turn signals in the bark busters? First tip over and they are gone.

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

I made all these plans to visit demo days this spring that got torpedoed. :rip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skreemer
Jan 28, 2006
I like blue.
Same here. There were a few in the winter just before all this mess started. I got to ride a number of Yamahas and Indians.

Though truthfully being single and having the bike is currently the best way to social distance.