Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm going to do my best to get the new thread ready for Thursday, I'm currently in the middle of one of the craziest weeks I've ever experienced and it's slowed down my picture collecting... :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

The Berzerker posted:

The first segment of Season 11 is up on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2145336239111083
It's just the intros but if you are feeling withdrawal...

So far I'm cheering for Silky, Brooke Lynn, Yvie, Vanjie, Nina, Soju, and definitely not Ariel.

Random first impressions from the preview:

A'keria - dem cheekbones
drat, Kahanna is a hunk
Holy crap, Shuga's that new at drag?
While her style and MtQ didn't really wow me, Silky very quickly started growing on me in her werkroom entrance
Plastique is so precious
Ariel is the opposite, but hopefully she can bring stir up some juicy drama
Scarlet's hair is glorious
Yvie's giving me Naomi crossed with Sharon vibes
Already so excited for Yvie and more Vanjie

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

#TeamCanada #TeamMateo

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Wasn’t expecting to love Yvie but that was a killer entrance look. I met Plastique years ago when she performed at a friend’s pool party so I’m on her team too (she looked crazy polished even back then)

Silky seems like a natural entertainer/personality so I’m sure she’ll provide some great TV but I’m kind of lukewarm on her getting her catchphrase in twice in the first 10 minutes of the show.

warez fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Feb 26, 2019

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yvie seems legit, and I am intrigued by Coco and Alyssa's daughters

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I think if I were a boy I'd pretty much have to marry Yvie. Ow my heart.

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay
I really hope that first photoshoot is a haunted house a la Nightmare Fear Factory.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

I like Soju from her YT series a lot but I think she is really coming off as early-out fodder :( Her entrance look was cool but that makeup and hair was a choice

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tote up a bags posted:

I like Soju from her YT series a lot but I think she is really coming off as early-out fodder :( Her entrance look was cool but that makeup and hair was a choice

:same:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm going to do my best to get the new thread ready for Thursday, I'm currently in the middle of one of the craziest weeks I've ever experienced and it's slowed down my picture collecting... :ohdear:

I really wish they would just move the show back to Mondays.

AveMachina
Aug 30, 2008

God knows what COVIDs you people have

It's a slow day at work, so I got my jush.

AveMachina fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 26, 2019

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I wrote down what I thought of all the entrance looks and what I remembered of the queens and ranked them:

THE TOOTS:
I really liked what Yvie's bringing to the table look-wise. I'm definitely going to watch this one. She's original and conceptual and out-of-the-box. Maybe needs a little polish, but I was excited.
Brooke Lynne Hytes' entrance look was flawless plus a clever reference.
Vangie looks great and was really funny.
Mercedes and Plastique both have very sleek and elegant entrance looks. They looked expensive and the outfits fit really well. I think they were at the same level.
Ra'jah's gown is really great - I like the muted color of the newsprint and harness. I didn't think the accessories felt as thought out, but overall, very nice.
Shuga was fine - nothing too exciting but well put-together. I think I've seen Shuga perform at Pieces in NYC.
Nina West was funny - her look reminded me a bit of Ben Dela.
I like Silky's personality, her look is alright. I like the idea and shape of it, but I think it lacked polish. Could have used a cooler shoe and the rhinestones on her bra looked arts-and-crafts.
Akeria was fine, I guess. She looks good but it's not too exciting. I prefer some of the other looks that had a more interesting idea even if they weren't as crisp.

I think lots of the other outfits had problems with execution or were lacking polish.

THE BOOTS:
I dunno how to judge Ariel's look - it's not at all my thing. It does look well-made and I like the size of her hair. It just doesn't do anything for me.
Honey Davenport's look came close, but too much is off for me. The dress stretches and bunches in places like it doesn't fit properly, I can see all her undergarments through it, and the hair's very flat.
Soju's makeup was rough - I don't care for the way she overdraws the edges of her lips, looks clownish to me. Her look had a good premise but didn't seem like she worked on the fit or details.
Scarlet's look - I love blurring the lines of gender in drag, but I don't think she did it well - it read as "man" to me, but not in a way that I found beautiful or well thought-out, more "dad in a corset for the first time". I think something about the proportions was off combined with not-so-softening makeup. I don't generally criticize queens for not looking feminine enough, this just seemed like it was a miss though.
Kahanna's hot, but wore a bedazzled bra and some mismatched separates with tulle stuffed in. Not good.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Vanjie hiding behind the screen was fantastic :allears:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I usually don't watch the previews but I did anyway and :eyepop: Brooke's entrance look is just too drat perfect indeed

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All the queens ragging on Brooke for having no personality makes me worried though :ohdear:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Eej posted:

All the queens ragging on Brooke for having no personality makes me worried though :ohdear:

If she werks it she can prob crack top 4 ala Kameron, at least.

tbh from what I hear this cast doesn't mesh very well together, and could be a weird season overall if tea is to be believed. But I'm excited for Brooke, Vanjie and an abundance of pageant bitches.

A God Damn Ghost
Nov 25, 2007

booyah!
I appreciate pageant queens - they tend to have a knack for the competition aspect and keep level heads better even when they have an off week. Which is a real advantage in RPDR

big dyke energy
Jul 29, 2006

Football? Yaaaay

Tendai posted:

Vanjie hiding behind the screen was fantastic :allears:

I loved that she couldn't make it through all the entrances before coming out.

WHAT YOU THINK IT'S CUTE TO SAY MY NAME

Love Vanjie. Loving Silky too, she seems like a lot of fun. I hope she can really bring it on the runway, especially as a fat girl myself. Right now there are too many queens for me to remember/have first impressions of, so I'm just gonna stick rooting for these two first.

Ubiquitous_
Nov 20, 2013

by Reene
I can see Soju and Scarlet Envy being first and second out, respectively. Most underwhelming entrance looks yet.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, Scarlet's entrance look was uh ... a choice. Soju's look is a good idea but felt badly tailored.

I liked Soju on her channel a lot, but I can't see her lasting long on the show. She's a def first or second out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

24 hours until the next episode, which means that even if I haven't finished my gifs we need to move on...

RELEASE THE BEES!