Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Shooting Blanks posted:

Just finished a campaign to check on this - I had all non ornamental/ancestral legendary weapons, but was missing a couple of those. It gave me one of the collector dart guns rather than one from those packs.

Groovy, thanks for looking into it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Jerusalem posted:

Oh wow, they got Dan Ackroyd as an Elusive Target?

47 would never accept a contract on the Ghostbusters. If ghosts do exist, then he in particular is likely to be seriously considering who he is going to call to deal with them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

47 would never accept a contract on the Ghostbusters. If ghosts do exist, then he in particular is likely to be seriously considering who he is going to call to deal with them.

Soders: What do you mean you took the "Kill a Ghost" contract? What do you mean your asset KILLED the ghost? How is that even possible? :mad:
Diana: 47 always makes sure to get plenty of exorcise :smug:

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
You can kill ghosts in hitman; it's canon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Discendo Vox posted:

You can kill ghosts in hitman; it's canon.

47 completed the Teatime Conundrum.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Wazir Kale’s sweating intensifies.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The_Doctor posted:

47 completed the Teatime Conundrum.

Kinda funny given Teatime is quite the opposite of 47's canon modus operandi.

Speaking of, given Pratchett was into games I wouldn't be surprised that the assassin in Making Money is a reference to 47. May or may not also be a reference that he ends up killed (in-self defense) by a clown.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I’ve been obligated to stay at one of those executive retreat resort places. All I can see are closets and opportunities.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

The most important thing is to know your escape route

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

I’ve been obligated to stay at one of those executive retreat resort places. All I can see are closets and opportunities.

First step is to retrieve a master keycard. You probably don't need to interact with the manager, just get into their office to create/clone one. Or behind the front desk, but hiding a body there can be risky.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Think I’ll take the mastery 7 spawn point at the overlook of the desert canyon that they privatized and are pumping an artificial river through.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

Think I’ll take the mastery 7 spawn point at the overlook of the desert canyon that they privatized and are pumping an artificial river through.

Might I suggest the Senator's Aide disguise to start out? It's helpful to get through the Employees Only section at the pool.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Which pool

The adults only one by the fake Wild West town themed “entertainment venue,” golf course, tennis courts and steakhouse, or the main set of three pools with two bars, hot tubs and turf lawn near the butterfly garden, desert tortoise enclosure and primary gemstone display

Seriously it’s disgusting

Slow and Steady

Kill a target by pushing them into the tortoise enclosure and keeping them there.

Pristine Natural Environment

Scan all the QR codes explaining the artificial desert river.

It’s a Wash

As the Senator’s Aide, schedule and begin the desert river tour.

Pack an Extra Bottle

While disguised as the tour guide, kill Senator Blackweld by dehydration.

Lapidarian

Pick up every gem on public display.

Shaking the Rust Off

While disguised as the prop manager, begin filming the campaign advertisement.

All the Amenities

Interact with Senator Blackweld while disguised as the masseur, the golf coach, the fitness instructor, the tour guide, the waiter, and the rodeo clown.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Apr 17, 2024

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I thought the game made its restrictions on the elusive arcade more obvious. I just failed The Oroborous on the third level because I changed disguise. It's my fault for not checking the fine print but I thought the conditions were made more obvious before?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I thought the game made its restrictions on the elusive arcade more obvious. I just failed The Oroborous on the third level because I changed disguise. It's my fault for not checking the fine print but I thought the conditions were made more obvious before?

I didn't have any trouble noticing- but unlike the other ET arcades, the added conditions aren't optional. It's closer to an escalation.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So the Freelancer Variations mod has added the train as a playable level which can be slotted into the New York or Hawke's Bay slots (also Hawke's Bay is playable but that's old and it sucks).

"But that map is terrible," you might say. "It's just a linear map full of guards with no civilians or anything interesting to do."

Well, don't ask me how they loving did it, but they have turned the map into a passenger train with civilians, disguises, cameras, non-elite guards (I think they use the uniform from the guards on the Siberia sniper map, which work more or less fine other than some clipping issues with back weapons), no locked doors or obstructions, unique exits (detaching the lead car is an exit), and so forth. It's honestly pretty incredible work and I need to try it out more, but it still has the problem that it's an insanely long and narrow map, which can result in some funny bullshit when you have a 4 target map and they're spread across the whole length of the goddamn thing. There also aren't a lot of places to hide if you get in trouble because, you know, it's a train.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

Lost over a million Mercers tonight to a glitch with taser water. I needed a collateral accident kill so I got two guys into a bathroom and ran the sink then dropped a taser by them. Set the thing off and no kill, the thing is just sparking an inch from the target's unconscious body. So I think to myself is there something wrong with the puddle? Maybe I need a plan B? Then I get the genius idea of testing if you can shoot bathroom faucets so I creep to the edge of the bathroom door to get an angle.... instant suicide.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Nakar posted:

So the Freelancer Variations mod has added the train as a playable level which can be slotted into the New York or Hawke's Bay slots (also Hawke's Bay is playable but that's old and it sucks).

"But that map is terrible," you might say. "It's just a linear map full of guards with no civilians or anything interesting to do."

Well, don't ask me how they loving did it, but they have turned the map into a passenger train with civilians, disguises, cameras, non-elite guards (I think they use the uniform from the guards on the Siberia sniper map, which work more or less fine other than some clipping issues with back weapons), no locked doors or obstructions, unique exits (detaching the lead car is an exit), and so forth. It's honestly pretty incredible work and I need to try it out more, but it still has the problem that it's an insanely long and narrow map, which can result in some funny bullshit when you have a 4 target map and they're spread across the whole length of the goddamn thing. There also aren't a lot of places to hide if you get in trouble because, you know, it's a train.

Holy poo poo, I've been wishing for something exactly like that for ages. I gotta get this mod.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Thread poll: what hitman game has the best final level? My money's on Contracts.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

blood money

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

Lost over a million Mercers tonight to a glitch with taser water. I needed a collateral accident kill so I got two guys into a bathroom and ran the sink then dropped a taser by them. Set the thing off and no kill, the thing is just sparking an inch from the target's unconscious body. So I think to myself is there something wrong with the puddle? Maybe I need a plan B? Then I get the genius idea of testing if you can shoot bathroom faucets so I creep to the edge of the bathroom door to get an angle.... instant suicide.
Oof yeah been there. But also, you can shoot the bathroom faucets.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

I basically flee anything requiring tasers or puddles if I can, and explosions as well. Fire kills are to be done from across the map via cigarette. Collateral accidents for me are only ever based on the clean-burning and economical C3H8 method.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The safest collateral accidents are propane explosions and chandeliers. Everything else is too much of a crapshoot.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Meowywitch posted:

blood money

It depends if you count the funeral level, which I always thought was a cool idea executed poorly. Otherwise the White House was lots of fun, not perfect but it was satisfying to finish without being too frustrating.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

KillHour posted:

The safest collateral accidents are propane explosions and chandeliers. Everything else is too much of a crapshoot.
Honestly I'd even take propane off the list given how many times I've accidentally hiffed the tank directly at a syndicate leader's face.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The train stage I didn't mind mostly because it felt like a Goldeneye 64 homage. Feels like there's a lot of those, especially with Janus.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Hitman's games were pretty straightforwardly used as part of the pitch for the 007 license.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

KillHour posted:

Hank Hill, master assassin.

Ghostlight posted:

Honestly I'd even take propane off the list given how many times I've accidentally hiffed the tank directly at a syndicate leader's face.
I am very much liking the mod that changes it so that throwables won't lock on when in Instinct Mode (you can also reverse it such that things ONLY lock on in Instinct, if you prefer). I can finally pitch propane tanks into a cluster of unconscious people without whonging it at someone's head, like how it once was back in 2016.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I don't know why they don't just let you bind it to a different button.

SithDrummer
Jun 8, 2005
Hi Rocky!
Personally Redemption at Gontranno is my favorite final level. I doubt I'd enjoy it now as it was, but an updated version in the new engine would be a ton of fun. I remember it being a very cathartic finale.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
I think it has to be Hunter & Hunted, the last level of Contracts. It's a perfect cinematic setpiece if you want a shootout (since it literally is just taking from a movie), but it actually lets you play Hitman like Hitman by giving you the opportunity to slip out unnoticed despite a massive police offensive. Other finales before the new trilogy were either impossible to stealth or clearly not designed for it even if it was technically possible (as Gontranno was, mostly because of a glitch that let you garrote the boss through a door). H&H is absolutely designed with SA in mind and it's a great map if you do stealth it.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
I've discovered a new worst ever Hitman mission. The Sarajevo Six Colorado mission. Whoever designed this mission is a motherfucker.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nakar posted:

I think it has to be Hunter & Hunted, the last level of Contracts. It's a perfect cinematic setpiece if you want a shootout (since it literally is just taking from a movie), but it actually lets you play Hitman like Hitman by giving you the opportunity to slip out unnoticed despite a massive police offensive. Other finales before the new trilogy were either impossible to stealth or clearly not designed for it even if it was technically possible (as Gontranno was, mostly because of a glitch that let you garrote the boss through a door). H&H is absolutely designed with SA in mind and it's a great map if you do stealth it.

You've pretty much exactly summarized why I love it! It helps that the SWAT "guards" are well-themed to bookend the game and are also genuinely really threatening.

Lollerich posted:

I've discovered a new worst ever Hitman mission. The Sarajevo Six Colorado mission. Whoever designed this mission is a motherfucker.

There's some info on how to tackle it, including a description of the stalker AI, starting from this post.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I think against all the odds the virus themed take on Hokkaido might be my favorite scenario???

...even though I'm terrible at it and have only stopped the virus by immediately shooting the one infected guy in the head with a loud pistol

Ravenson
Feb 23, 2024

Likes writing desks but isn't like one.

Lollerich posted:

I haven't tried to SA that one yet but I just did it the Hitman 3 grasses, shot him in the head, then ran behind a side building into some new grasses and waited patiently for all the agents to rush past me.

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

I just put a micro taser in a puddle (or was it an oil spill?) and then used his ai to bait him into investigating me over by it

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The torches challenge was easy enough that I ran it with no disguise changes as part of an SA story mission run. At this point I’m jonesing for more content to avoid continuing work on the freelancer grind.

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Mortician's log... :dadjoke:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The original truth serum.

Sam and Max Save The World has a fun joke about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Picked up Blood Money on sale and wow it feels weird going back to this after dumping forever hours into new Hitman. The enemies actually care about finding dead bodies for one, they'll remain spooked about it instead of dragging the body away and then going back to what they were doing

Also 47 loves dropping his briefcase at any interaction, I didn't miss that one