Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Got a diss track made about my group after we wiped their island twice in 3 days. I've peaked as a gamer.

https://streamable.com/xnczjv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
The Bob Alliance To End Simonmania

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Here's to hoping

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

daycrew just wiped the mutineers main flag base, your hope didnt work simon

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Was pretty hilarious but through my 4d chess moves I was able to take out the entire bob alliance with one fell swoop.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Nalin posted:

Please tell the devs that PvE content is more fun when cheesing through it isn't the only viable solution.

The two methods of power stone

Method one: naked pirate dash
Method two: all the grenades

Edit: and yeah the real reason I haven’t entertained coming back was just how bad PVE was.

Pretty much anything that wasn’t shooting a boat with another boat really. And then they made leveling boats tedious and over complex and I noped the gently caress out. The best moments in this game were when everyone had lovely grey cannons and just fought.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Nov 9, 2021

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

you missed out then, boat leveling stopped being tedious two seasons ago

you put a catapult on your boat and kill cyclopses and your boat is level 60 sometimes in as little as an hour

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Boat levelling is a joke like khad ad said literally next door to us.

The portals are hilarious too because you need to go through one to do kraken and it's an easy camp on the return trip. We also live next to the kraken portal.

Map being really condensed makes for good content but I'm worried we'll have no actual competition this season.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

pretty hilarious how modular ships went from "these are complete dogshit and will never be good" to "these are meta now" pretty much instantaneously

good job new devs lmao

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

How different is this game from launch now? Can you traverse a grid on the map without being knocked off of your boat or some other dumb poo poo?

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
for the most part dumb issues have been solved but completely new dumb issues come up with each patch

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
I liked the period in boat development where goons had what I'm going to refer to as the "Slipcastle" on the back of all of our boats and people were advised to not go back there, and if you did don't touch your keyboard or you'd get flung off into the water for "Standing wrong".

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Now it's "oh that schooner is catching me pretty fast"

"that's not a schooner it's a carrack"

"oh all my planks are gone from barrels"

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

galaxycheetah voice: Just Dont Get Hit

Luitpold
Aug 2, 2009
Talking of excrement ...
stop giving this loving game oxygen

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Luitpold posted:

stop giving this loving game oxygen

the only people playing don't consume oxygen so...

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

simon consumes plenty of oxygen, among other things

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
copium mainly

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

I know there were a few people running boarding ships in seasons 5 and 6, with or without Steve support

but I still cannot believe whatsoever how frequent boarding is now, both official and non

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

season 7 ending in two weeks

the devs did a poll asking whether there should or should not be an early wipe and so far it has received 1577 votes. how many players does atlas have? nowhere near that, i'd have said, but there you go

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
lmao this game is doomed

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

inshallah

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

the lead game developer joined the atlas salt discord lmao lmao

bless his heart for trying to figure out how the game works

Simon Numbers
Sep 28, 2013
Sadly most people who are giving him feedback have no ideas the repercussions of their ideas and will ultimately make the game back into a zergfest. Devs have no idea how to discern the poo poo from the gold

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

that guy has asked some wonderfully hilarious questions. "why do you guys spam your islands with thousands of puckles" was the absolute #1

it reminds me of the dev that asked me at the beginning of season 3 "whats wrong with weight sails?" and my brain short-circuited so hard the only answer I could give him was lmaoing over and over and over and over

Aster0ids
Oct 13, 2018
I bought this game against my better judgement, at 11$ whats the risk XD

Went on a pve server to figure out the basics then imma roam in pvp and sight-see this post apocalyptic digital wasteland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

it's still really early in the season and this season has been holding its pop much better than most, you'll have a few months yet before the season winds down and everyone quits til wipe