Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
You might enjoy Delano Ames' Jane and Dagobert Brown novels, although unfortunately only two are in print right now. There's also Richard Hull with stuff like The Murder of My Aunt (although he's more of a biter-bit comic crime than an actual mystery) and Michael Innes does a lot of stuff that I find hilarious although he's more a weird parodist than a comedian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saladscooper
Jan 25, 2019

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019
On a whim I came into this thread looking for mystery recommendations and I discovered that Allingham's Death of a Ghost was only 99 cents on the ebook shop so I picked it up. I am so glad I picked it up - it's full of wit and precision and the puzzle is extremely interesting so far. Of course I'll see if it sticks the landing but I'm having a great time.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
Been blowing through ngaio marsh and absolutely loving it. It's also a less intense version of the thing with nero wolfe where they were written for so long you can see society change - it's a bit understated but there

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Campion is one of my favorite literary stories where someone is trying to parody something (I believe in this case it was Lord Peter Whimsey) and people like it too much and they have to make it serious. The poor Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle writers.

On my last Sarah Caudwell and sad about it. Excited to try several other recommendations from this thread though! The Guest List as part of a 3 book Foley set just arrived and I borrowed The Maid from a family member

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Phobeste posted:

Been blowing through ngaio marsh and absolutely loving it. It's also a less intense version of the thing with nero wolfe where they were written for so long you can see society change - it's a bit understated but there

I don't remember where (maybe Imgur? not SA anyway) someone had like a challenge reading list and they'd put down Ngaio Marsh as a POC writer.