Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Ouch the trap, the golem +2 and the parting cannon shot. Good luck guys, you got this. Nobby's warming up the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I'll lose wisftul wounding; the time for doing damage is over and now it's time to GTFO.

Pretty unlucky draw there!

Would very much appreciate it if you moved quickly so I can ride the devil away before the golems move. That should also get you able to kill the spirit via retaliate since you'll draw focus (and if it gets its target 2, you'll still draw focus since I have the shawl and it'll be dead before it gets to target me.)

e: I think you can volatile bomb to get an extra hex of range and yank the top golem to focus you also

FairGame fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 18, 2022

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.
Well that's just great.

I'll lose Flaming Sickle to avoid the damage from the trap (:xcom:), then Major Stam Pot back Flying Sickle, Shocking Advance and Strangling Chain.

@Fairgame, are you okay with me exiting the dungeon this turn after my actions or did you want me to stick around to help you out when you flee next round (and then flee myself the round after)?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

TravelLog posted:

Well that's just great.

I'll lose Flaming Sickle to avoid the damage from the trap (:xcom:), then Major Stam Pot back Flying Sickle, Shocking Advance and Strangling Chain.

@Fairgame, are you okay with me exiting the dungeon this turn after my actions or did you want me to stick around to help you out when you flee next round (and then flee myself the round after)?

:getout:

I don't think you have enough to survive 3 rounds of this. I have enough to survive 2 rounds of this provided:

1.) The spirit doesn't get to attack me (it should kill itself on retaliate from you)
2.) I don't have to toss more than 4 cards to avoid damage between now and my exit.

There are 3 golems who are dangerous; you should kill the spirit and can draw fire from the top golem this turn. That leaves 2 golems who can hurt me on this turn, and 3 next turn. But I can use throw voice to keep 1 of them from attacking this round, and if I protect it with a short rest I can do it next round too while still scrambling to the exit.

Literally the only thing that kills us is them drawing a refresh PLUS getting the immobilize card on the subsequent turn. If that happens I don't have enough to survive and we've either lost outright or we'd need to have you stick around and survive somehow.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

FairGame posted:

we ride the sand devil as we shoot the bird

What's playing as the winds carry you away? Darude Sandstorm? The Zelda ocarina?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDPRwLlpdTU&t=459s

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Timeworn Tomb, Round 9A

Pending Actions posted:

- Letty loses Wistful Wounding to prevent the damage from the Stone Golem's attack.

- Kir Kanos loses Flaming Sickle to prevent the damage from the treasure chest.

- Kir Kanos uses Major Stamina Potion! Recovers all discarded cards.

Round Reveal posted:

PLAYER OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in light yellow. Discarded cards are marked in red, while lost cards are marked in purple. Cards in the active slot are marked in teal (using a colorblind friendly scheme, let me know if you are having issues with it!). Available items are also shown there.

Letty Van Halen is acting at initiative 5 with Song of Speed and Throw Voice.
code:
SONG OF SPEED (05) [Lvl1]
TOP: Song - Persistent Bonus: All allies add +1 MOVE to all their Move actions, and add +1 Range to all their ranged attacks
Gain 1 XP at the beginning of each of your turns
When another Song is played, discard this card

BOT: MUDDLE, Target all enemies within Range 4 - 1 XP

///

THROW VOICE (44) [Lvl1]
TOP: DISARM, Range 3, Template

BOT: Range 3, Template - 1 XP - LOSS
Force all enemies in the targeted area to perform a "MOVE 1" action with you controlling the actions
Kir Kanos is acting at initiative 6 with Flame Shroud and Swift Strength.
code:
FLAME SHROUD (06) [Lvl1]
TOP: Persistent Bonus: The next five times an enemy enters a hex adjacent to you, that enemy suffers 2 damage - LOSS
Gain 1 XP at the 2nd and 5th trigger
---
Infuse FIRE

BOT: MOVE 4
---
Consume FIRE: Round Bonus: SHIELD 1, 1 XP

///

SWIFT STRENGTH (16) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK 2, Range 2, Target 2, PULL 1

BOT: MOVE 2, Jump
---
Round Bonus: SHIELD 1
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in-depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Be nice! :) Active players and assorted goons&goonettes, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TOMORROW, 12AM EST :getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Spirit and stone golems not cooperating. Rude. No damage this turn at least if you disarm the one dude so its all up to the next draw.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Yeah. I think just draw the next stone golem card and see if we win or not. This is over one way or another. Redguard escapes this turn and takes a parting shot at the spirit in case he can draw a +2, I disarm the only threat as I ride 2 hexes closer to freedom.

I stop playing my song, moving it to discard. I short rest protecting throw voice, then move at the fastest initiative (either 05 or 06, faster than anything on the map) onto the exit, disarming the 2 golems in the middle room who will be in a triangle after this turn. (Seems like I can be stunned on the exit hex and still win the scenario in case the spirit gets cheeky with its ice). I throw cards to prevent damage as necessary. At most I will take 2 hits from the 4 enemies on the board, and I have > 2 cards I can throw.

87.5% chance we've won, 12.5% we've lost due to pull + immobilize and there's nothing we can do about it.

If the golems drew pull+immobilize/refresh/pull+immobilize on their final 3 turns (1/8 * 1/4 * 1/8 = 1 in 256) we just tip our hats and :xcom:

FairGame fucked around with this message at 02:43 on May 19, 2022

Superterranean
May 3, 2005

after we lit this one, nothing was ever the same
... Declare the scenario won anyway, because losing on a 1/256 in a campaign this slow is bullshit

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Nobby and Kir will rig a chain lasso to yank Letty offscreen before the golems can.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

We're actually guaranteed to win due to the little known Combo Mechanic where certain cross-class card combinations being played on the same turn triggers a unique effect. In this case, Song of Speed and Swift Strength trigger "Mass Acceleration" which gives all party members an extra turn on their normal initiative - 10, which I can use to have the Sand Devil move Letty to the escape tile.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Good news, you're safe! Working on the writeup now.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Timeworn Tomb, Round 9B

5. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (FairGame) posted:

- Letty gains 1 XP from her song!

- Letty uses Song of Speed (bottom)! All Stone Golems are MUDDLED. Letty gains 1 XP!

- Letty uses Throw Voice (top)! Stone Golem 5 (E) is DISARMED.

- Letty loses MUDDLE and IMMOBILIZE.

6. Kir Kanos the Valrath Red Guard (TravelLog) posted:

- Sand Devil carries Letty to D13.

- Kir Kanos uses Flame Shroud (top)! Persistent Bonus: The next five times an enemy enters a hex adjacent to you, that enemy suffers 2 damage.

- Kir Kanos uses Swift Strength (bottom)! Jumps to D15. Round Bonus: SHIELD 1.

- Kir Kanos loses MUDDLE. FIRE is strong.

37. Ancient Artillery posted:

- All Ancient Artillery are out of range/line of sight.

55. Living Spirit posted:

- Living Spirit 4 moves to E15. It suffers 2 damage from Flame Shroud and is killed!
No attack means no retaliate, but it also means it acts as though it had a melee attack. This caused it to move next to the Red Guard, and kill itself off anyway!

90. Stone Golem posted:

- Stone Golem 2 (E) moves to D10 and loses MUDDLE.
- Stone Golem 5 (E) loses MUDDLE and DISARM.
- Stone Golem 3 moves to D11 and loses MUDDLE.

End of Round posted:

- FIRE is waning. AIR is inert.

- Letty discards Echoing Aria, then takes a Short Rest! Recovers all discarded cards, losing Echoing Aria.

- Kir Kanos escapes!
Only one player left, and they're already given orders for next round, so let's do this thing!

Timeworn Tomb, Round 10

5. Letty Van Halen the Quatryl Soothsinger (FairGame) posted:

- Letty uses Song of Speed (bottom) as a default action. Moves to D15.

- Letty uses Throw Voice (top)! Stone Golem 5 (E) is DISARMED.
None of the monsters can attack Letty this round, so she escapes to safety! And with that, the scenario is complete!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Timeworn Tomb, Conclusion

Conclusion posted:

With the grinding sound of the golems echoing from below, you quickly climb out of the ruin. Only then does the Voice return to you.

“My captors were more clever than I anticipated, I’m afraid. Something blocked my influence from reaching inside the tomb. Luckily, you were able to navigate the dangers without my assistance. I am happy you found my prison and that you decided to be the avatars of my release. After all this time, I will finally be free.”

With all three vessels in hand, you make your way back to the mountain cave and into the Echo Chamber. You place the small earthen pots in the center of the cavern and wait.

It is difficult to notice at first, but, over time, a faint tremor in the floor and walls begins to grow until it is difficult to even keep your footing. You barely dodge out of the way as a large rock falls from the ceiling.

Then there is a flash of light, and before you floats a swirling green mist in the shape of many long, intertwined tendrils.

“I had almost forgotten what it felt like to not be imprisoned.” For once you hear the Voice not from inside your own head, but emanating from the figure in front of you. “It is quite wondrous. I am sure that before too long, I will forget the horrid feeling of powerlessness.

“It is time to leave this realm,” the Voice says. “There is much to be remedied from my prolonged absence. But first, I must give you a proper thanks. I shall hold up my end of the bargain and bestow upon you great power and wealth.”

The green light spreads forth and illuminates you, providing you with the most wonderful feeling of warmth. And then it is gone.

All that is left is a stone tablet in the center of the room with strange, cryptic markings.

Rewards posted:

Scenario Rewards
Global Achievement: The Voice Freed
50 gold each
25 experience each
2 ✓ each
+2 prosperity
Victory Rewards
+14XP each!
Party Sheet:

Prosperity Tracker:

The city's prosperity has increased! New items are available in the shop:

Battle Goals posted:

- Kir Kanos: Contagious - While afflicted by a negative condition, apply any negative condition to a monster. TravelLog has not completed the Battle Goal.
- Letty Van Halen: Pacifist - Kill three or fewer monsters. FairGame has completed the Battle Goal! ✓
- Nobby Nobbs: Marksman - Kill a monster three or more hexes away from you. bagrada has completed the Battle Goal! ✓

Final Stats posted:

Each coin token at scenario level 5 is worth 4 gold. Updated gold and XP for our party are as follows:
- Kir Kanos: 44 XP and 50 gold (new total 385 XP and 85 gold). Level up!
- Letty Van Halen: 52 XP and 50 gold (new total 452 XP and 118 gold). Level up!
- Nobby Nobbs: 47 XP and 54 gold (new total 322 XP and 61 gold).

Personal Quest progression posted:

- Kir Kanos: Law Bringer - Kill twenty Bandits or Cultists (1/20)
- Letty Van Halen: Seeker of Xorn - Complete three "Crypt" scenarios. Then unlock "Noxious Cellar" (Scenario 52) and follow it to a conclusion (1/3)
- Nobby Nobbs: Piety in All Things - Donate 120 gold to the Sanctuary of the Great Oak (30/120)
Updated Sheets

Ability Card Choices

Our heroes are back in Gloomhaven. While they're in the City, something happens...

City Event 7 posted:

Let's discuss where our party should head to next! Since we've unlocked a bunch of stuff, I'm going to use a new app to show the Scenario Tree, since it provides some extra info on Campaign progression (i.e. which Scenarios are part of which storyline) and it's more aesthetically pleasing.

NOTE: we only know the basic creature and tiles composition for a Scenario at first; if we choose to pick one, I'll provide additional details (such as the map layout, creatures stat cards - and ability deck if we've met them before - and always-active Scenario Effects).

Available Scenario Locations posted:

• We can visit the Temple of the Elements (22) in search of a powerful elemental artifact. Completing this Scenario will allow us to continue the main Quest.

• While exploring the Echo Chamber, we found a map leading to an Underwater Lagoon (64) in the middle of the Misty Sea, south-east of Gloomhaven; maybe it'll contain some treasure? This is a side Scenario.

• We bargained with a Valrath merchant and bought a scroll with the "location to untold riches" from him. These alleged riches are in the Sunken Vessel (93). This is a side Scenario.

• Speaking of loot, a guard has tipped us off to the location of the Crypt of the Ancients (SoX 3) in the Watcher Mountains. This will progress Letty's personal quest, and is bound to contain some sort of technological secrets. This is a side scenario.

• We could play the Solo Scenario for Letty or Nobby! These are challenge scenarios designed to test the players' skill with a particular class. Since there's only a single character, we'd have the Goonmind make the decisions for what we do. This will unlock a special item.
  • As suggested, we could also try any Scenario we've unlocked (including ones we've already faced) in Casual Mode. Players can still gain experience and money, loot treasure tiles, complete battle goals, and make progress toward completing their personal quests, but any story text or rewards listed at the end of the scenario are disregarded. Contrary to normal game play, we'll encounter City/Road events in Casual mode as well - to make things easier to manage and display more content.
:siren::siren::siren:
YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. MVP/Play of the Game for Scenario 41!
  2. 2 new perks, and new ability card for Kir Kanos.
  3. 2 new perks, and new ability card for Letty.
  4. New perk for Nobby.
  5. City Event, outcome A or B.
  6. Our Next Destination
  7. Money matters! Please specify if you want someone to buy/sell an item; the current Market pool is available HERE. Also, if you want someone to donate 10 gold to the Sacred Oak Sanctuary, please remember to specify who!
  8. If you are planning an Enhancement, you can find the rules on how to calculate the price HERE.

A big thank you to our players, TravelLog, FairGame and bagrada! Hope you had fun. I'll reach out to our next set of players to let them know they're up next.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

My late night thoughts:
1. MVP Kir + the sand devil by a nose. Nobby didn't do much, just popped in, took a beating, and got out.
2. Kir - both replace +1s with +2 Light. Vicious Ballet could be handy? I haven't seen a red guard this high level yet.
3. Letty - the disarm and the immobilize I guess? I like going all the way back to Inspiring Anthem because it's a great card, Tranquil Trill might be okay as we're always getting beat up.
4. Nobby - I like the two pierce 3 cards, more chance to roll into a refresh. Stun's good too.
5. City event - can't hurt to help but maybe we're too cool for manual labor? A
6. Temple of the Elements for the main quest. I think it will take too long to retire anyone at this point, though maybe Pheld has a few more years in him or there will be a third person to pass it down to. We have to beat the game so TIG or someone can come in with Frosthaven when it hits :getin: If we do want to retire Letty we should do the crypt next to get the third one into the city event pool.
7. Nobby donates to the temple, may as well keep plugging along just in case. He should buy a major stamina potion too. Sun earring for Kir.
8. Is it 66g to add a hex to Letty's disarm? Someone wanted that way back when she first joined us.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It is vitally important that we go and do some crypts.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

By the way, I'm planning to do a mini-lore update in the next day or two. Hitting Prosperity 6 has revealed the next part of the Town Records book, and there's also the matter of the strange writing mentioned at the end of the scenario.

bagrada posted:

I think it will take too long to retire anyone at this point, though maybe Pheld has a few more years in him or there will be a third person to pass it down to. We have to beat the game so TIG or someone can come in with Frosthaven when it hits :getin: If we do want to retire Letty we should do the crypt next to get the third one into the city event pool.

Hah, I'm honestly not sure what to do once we finish the main campaign. I might just wrap it up there; it feels like a good place to end the story, and running this thing is a lot more work than expected!

As far as retirements go, I might put it to a vote to see if we want to do something about that in the near future. There's literally zero chance that Kir will get enough kills to complete his quest, since all the bandits and cultists are in the early scenarios that we finished ages ago. And really, one point of running a Let's Play is to show off the game's content, and there's a bunch of classes we haven't experienced yet.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

Kir: Horns of the Beast. We need more Fire generation! Replace +0 with +1 (Wound) and Add +1 Fire.
Letty: Go back and take Crippling Chorus which can basically nullify a whole room by itself at the end of a scenario and until then is a free Disarm on the bottom (which is a big deal since it can free up other tops for Letty). Replace +0 with +3 (Muddle) and replace +0 with +1 (Disarm).
Nobby: Add Rolling +1 Target.

City Event: Option A.

Next Stop: Lett's Solo Scenario! Let's get that special item.

Market: Buy Letty a Versatile Dagger and a Ring of Haste.

Enhancements: we need to save up to add Fire to the bottom of Shocking Advance for Kir.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
My thoughts:

Letty: Tranquil Trill. A free heal 2 every round is so, so good, combined with an emergency disarm every one next to me ability? Yes please.
City Event: Option A.

Have Nobby donate to the temple for sure.
Sun earring on a quartermaster is ridiculous. It's just a good item regardless. Someone should get one for sure.

Buy a pendant of dark pacts for Letty, or do an enhancement. Lot of gold just sitting there should go to good use.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

Phelddagrif posted:

By the way, I'm planning to do a mini-lore update in the next day or two. Hitting Prosperity 6 has revealed the next part of the Town Records book, and there's also the matter of the strange writing mentioned at the end of the scenario.

Hah, I'm honestly not sure what to do once we finish the main campaign. I might just wrap it up there; it feels like a good place to end the story, and running this thing is a lot more work than expected!

As far as retirements go, I might put it to a vote to see if we want to do something about that in the near future. There's literally zero chance that Kir will get enough kills to complete his quest, since all the bandits and cultists are in the early scenarios that we finished ages ago. And really, one point of running a Let's Play is to show off the game's content, and there's a bunch of classes we haven't experienced yet.

I'd root for that, show off the remaining classes. If we focus the main campaign there's still at least 9-10 more scenarios, so we could probably vote on two parties to finish it out and see if any good goon characters come out of it.

Still locked are our current quests Sun, Cthulhu, and Saw, all three of which are great. Plus Triforce (not LP-worthy imho, needs synergy and high levels) and Lightning Bolt (which should absolutely be showcased).

Unlocked but unplayed are Summoner, Nightshroud, Diviner, and the other three Jaws of the Lion classes. Which maybe someone can take into a Jaws LP in the future.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Story Update

In the last scenario, there were two important story-related items that were unlocked. Rather than bury them in the rest of the conclusion, I'm highlighting them here so that they don't get missed.

First up, we have the Town Records! The last time we spoke with Dominic, he showed us a story about the Demon War between humans and Valrath, and of an Aesther who brokered peace between the two commanders, at the site where the city of Gloomhaven would be founded. The Aesther recounted a story of something called the "great Upheaval", which had somehow caused the collapse and disappearance of some long-forgotten civilization. Dominic had said he would look further into this Upheaval, and would contact us when he learned more.

Now that Gloomhaven's prosperity has increased, he has reached out to us once more, with mixed news:

Scenario Unlocked: Rockslide Ridge (#73)

If we want to know more of the story, we'll need to go out there and track down that book!

The other item we unlocked was found in the Timeworn Tomb. After collecting the Voice's last vessel, we traveled back to the Echo Chamber and freed the being, who rewarded us with gold, experience and prosperity. But we also were left with a stone tablet, which bore strange markings:

Thankfully, no cipher tricks or internet searching is necessary to decipher this runic language. Included in the physical Gloomhaven box is a decoder card, which can be used to translate the message:

Feel free to post about the decoded message, however! If you care about spoilers, I highly suggest you do not look into what this means online! This message is only one piece of a puzzle, which includes many pieces of Gloomhaven content that we haven't seen yet, but we'll get to in due time.

In the meantime, please continue to vote for the options at the end of the last update. If you would like to visit the new scenario, that is also an option! Voting will be open until Monday evening.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The decoded message:

"The creator has made a request for our spoils. The twelfth letter holds the key."

bagrada posted:

My late night thoughts:
1. MVP Kir + the sand devil by a nose. Nobby didn't do much, just popped in, took a beating, and got out.
2. Kir - both replace +1s with +2 Light. Vicious Ballet could be handy? I haven't seen a red guard this high level yet.
3. Letty - the disarm and the immobilize I guess? I like going all the way back to Inspiring Anthem because it's a great card, Tranquil Trill might be okay as we're always getting beat up.
4. Nobby - I like the two pierce 3 cards, more chance to roll into a refresh. Stun's good too.
5. City event - can't hurt to help but maybe we're too cool for manual labor? A
6. Temple of the Elements for the main quest. I think it will take too long to retire anyone at this point, though maybe Pheld has a few more years in him or there will be a third person to pass it down to. We have to beat the game so TIG or someone can come in with Frosthaven when it hits :getin: If we do want to retire Letty we should do the crypt next to get the third one into the city event pool.
7. Nobby donates to the temple, may as well keep plugging along just in case. He should buy a major stamina potion too. Sun earring for Kir.
8. Is it 66g to add a hex to Letty's disarm? Someone wanted that way back when she first joined us.

And these have my vote. Sounds good to me. I think that rotating out these three would be a good idea in the near term. We won't be able to see other guys if we dont and there is a lot left.

Slaan fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 22, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Phelddagrif posted:

Thankfully, no cipher tricks or internet searching is necessary to decipher this runic language. Included in the physical Gloomhaven box is a decoder card, which can be used to translate the message:

You say that, but it is very easy for that card to get squeezed in between the dividers or otherwise get lost in the box, and it is also possible to discern the cipher from a longer message, some best guesses, and an hour of nerd concentration.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

You say that, but it is very easy for that card to get squeezed in between the dividers or otherwise get lost in the box, and it is also possible to discern the cipher from a longer message, some best guesses, and an hour of nerd concentration.

My best friend loves cryptography and solved the rune stuff weeks before we got the decoder.

...we're still working on what to do with all our various translated messages though.

Don't tell me.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

City Management XXXIV, Update 1

Vote Results posted:

• MVP/Play of the Game: Kir Kanos the Red Guard tanked like a champ, and his Sand Devil swept Letty to safety at the end!
  • Kir: A close vote, but his new perks are replacing two +1's with two +2, create Light. His new card is Vicious Ballet!
  • Letty: Her new perks are replacing two +0's with one +1 IMMOBILIZE and one +1 DISARM. There were votes for several new ability cards, but Tranquil Trill won out! (Honestly she has a lot of great cards, I'm not surprised).
  • Nobby: There was no consensus on this, so I went with the vote that made the most sense to me. A rolling Add Target gives Nobby more chances to attack, and more attacks means more refreshes!
  • Purchases: Kir buys a Sun Earring for 39g. Nobby buys a Major Stamina Potion for 29g, and donates 10g to the Sanctuary of the Greak Oak. Finally, Letty is enhancing the Disarm effect on Throw Voice with an extra hex! The cost of adding a hex is 200g, divided by the number of hexes already in the area of effect. 200g divided by 3, rounded down, is 66g.

City Event: We're going with option A!

City Event 7 posted:

Effect: Gain 5 gold each.
We're not above a little manual labor, as long as we get paid!

Our next destination is the Temple of the Elements! This scenario is part of the main quest, and is a follow-up to the Ancient Cistern. There, we found strange writing which we brought to an expert at the University. It described some sort of artifact which was being used as a conduit to corrupt the underbelly of the city. We'll see more details about the scenario in the next update.

We'll have to get on the Road to get there!

Road Event 44 posted:

Finally, due to thread consensus, we'll start more actively rotating out the active characters. We'll be retiring Kir Kanos after this scenario - he's grown tired of battling demons and talking to spirits, and wants to live out his days fighting bandits and highwaymen.

Letty has been with us just as long, but her retirement path is a bit more interesting, so we'll wait and see if the thread wants to go down that path.

YOU CAN NOW VOTE FOR THE FOLLOWING THINGS (and please remember to bold your choices):
  1. Road Event, outcome A or B.
  2. Any additional purchases/enhancements for our characters.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

When in doubt, think, "What would the Doom Slayer do?" Road event A

FairGame posted:

My best friend loves cryptography and solved the rune stuff weeks before we got the decoder.

...we're still working on what to do with all our various translated messages though.

Don't tell me.

If you have an older version of the game, be aware there's a typo in a code segment in a part of the game you may or may not have seen yet. Spoiler for location of the code Road event 36. The corrected code can be found a ways down here. https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1897763/official-faq-game-no-rules-questions-please

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Quick update - I've heard back from several players. Two have confirmed, and a few can't make it for this one. I'm still waiting to hear back from a few backups to see if they can swap in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Just popping in to say that this isn't abandoned or anything; several people have indicated that they'd like to play but needed a short break for personal reasons.