Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana
Nov 25, 2013

Gran Turismo: Neil Blomkamp ditching sci Fi for a racing film sounded like a bad idea but the results are pretty solid. Probably the best racing has looked since Days of Thunder. And, as the marketing was so keen to point out, it's based on a true story. Beyond that it's still a good sports movie, underdog cliches and all. Great drone shots in this, just some dazzling aerials

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Maxwell Lord posted:

Freddy Got Fingered: I was expecting either a masterpiece of anti-comedy or the worst poo poo imaginable, and so... it's not really either. With some of the initial shock value blunted (there were some shots I turned away from but I have seen worse), it feels like Tom Green was poking at the bounds of the "idiot manchild annoys everyone" comedy subgenre and maybe trying to twist it to an extreme, but it doesn't quite get there. That or his stuff just naturally works better in the candid camera approach of his show rather than against scripted characters. Of course by this point it just looked to critics like the natural endpoint of an explosion of bad taste comedies- as with the 80s slasher boom they were just sick of this already. The cast is actually pretty good (not just Rip Torn and Julie Hagerty, but I also like Marisa Coughlan as Gord's rocket-and-BJ-obsessed girlfriend) and I was never actively bored, some bits even work as a weird twisted story of how being a creative person is frustrating, but it never quite comes together.

The wildest and most unexpected thing about this movie to me was the LeBaron scene, since I was already familiar with this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhpKcakUrYM

And I'm like, okay, I guess that explains that, but that just raises further questions!

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Suzume: beautifully animated as always. It's a cute little high school girl story all about how our connections with other people makes the world work. Tragedy is overcome through community love. Everything with the chair is great. Also love the twins and their antics.
And yes there was another Radwimps song by the end finally.