Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Johns made Green Lantern the second most popular DC character for a time.

There's no way on earth this is true. Maybe book sales for a while he's selling better than Superman or Wonder Woman (we all know who number one is) but not in terms of the popular consciousness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Open Marriage Night posted:

I loved the Johns GL. Was just looking through them today because my friend reminded me they have been at his house for the past couple years.

Johns made Green Lantern the second most popular DC character for a time.

Sales wise it definitely did hit massive numbers beyond anything expected.

It had the perfect storm behind it.

Hal Jordans return was always going to sale to a certain base.
Then you got those curious what the fuss is about and wanting to check it out.
Then you add Goff Johns who was writing some actually great stuff at the time. He was becoming one of the names of the day.
The creative team as a whole at the time was considered all-star. Pity one of them turned out be such a POS. If only we knew what was to come.
The speculation market got onboard this real quick. Buy buy buy!
Hype. It was hyped and what’s this, extra hype? My word!

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Apr 28, 2024