Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

It's a free app for the iphone, which collects all of Wasabi's (currently 4) visual novels (Japanese only).
It's terrible and great. The art is simultaneously really good and sort of irritating. The plots are simultaneously intriguing and eye-rollingly bad. One of the games opens with TWO cryptic dream flashbacks in a row. I mean come on. It's an absurdity that I can't really wrap my mind around. Especially since I havent actually stuck it through to the end of any of these games so I don't actually know if the mysteries are smart or stupid like they seem they're gonna be... Don't get me wrong, even though I think it's dumb most of the time it's somehow addicting like potato chips or something. I feel like if I'm ever going to find out how these things end, I'll need mental support. So... join me as I dive into the sea of mediocrity... er maybe. I'm still deciding if I want to commit to this bullcrap.

Here's the opening scene of the first one anyway, which pretty much primes you for the kind of plot bullshit and icky writing we'd be subjected to.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=batfyYJ8TPA

Ugh, this thing uses like 5x more text boxes than it needs to express what it's saying. So annoying to sub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU