Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Nah, they just pop off in a random direction because they're pressurized or whathaveyou. They sure do look creepy though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Someone should make a game with door locks that skitter away then.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Imagine a game with doors held shut by giant spiders that walk off if you feed them the right color of bug. The newest in CJacobs-proofing technology!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Nioh has that. In the level titled Spider Castle (guess what it's about), there are doors that are locked by special Yokai mini-bosses that are bigass outhouse-sized spiders. If you defeat all 8 of these spiders around the level (7? I don't remember how many there are, I was busy screaming) you get an achievement and a fancy pants tea set.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Nioh has that. In the level titled Spider Castle (guess what it's about), there are doors that are locked by special Yokai mini-bosses that are bigass outhouse-sized spiders. If you defeat all 8 of these spiders around the level (7? I don't remember how many there are, I was busy screaming) you get an achievement and a fancy pants tea set.

6 spiders guarding the kettle fragments, and collecting them also weakens the boss of the level (by removing the armor from her legs). Were you recording your screaming by any chance?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Spider tea. Huh. I didn't expect Nioh to do an Undertale crossover.

e: now I kind of want to see CJacobs do the Megalovania fight. In a single sitting. You know what you have to do.

Cardiovorax fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Aug 9, 2019

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Aumanor posted:

6 spiders guarding the kettle fragments, and collecting them also weakens the boss of the level (by removing the armor from her legs). Were you recording your screaming by any chance?

No but JamieTheD and some other folks can testify that I was in fact mortified by the spiders, in case there isn't enough evidence of that out there already

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Gooey.

Hey, I was sick for a while but I'm mostly better now! Thank you for your continued viewership and for hangin' in there while I recovered. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
I forgot how cool this place looked. Y'know, for a prison of tortured souls.

anilEhilated fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Oct 25, 2019

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Welcome back, CyberJacobs :)

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

I'm glad the blue and orange tiger stripes are sticking around. Cyber Jacobs looks fierce.

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Oh, right! This was the other Norse inspired 3rd person action game that I was watching to cleanse the palate after the latest round of Too Human. Thanks CJacobs! You're a scholar, a gentleman, and a pal.

Erd
Jun 6, 2011
I feel like I need a glossary for this game. It doesn't help that the game talks about all these fantasy peoples without any characters to represent them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Feels like sliding back into an old pair of comfy cyber-slippers.

Erd posted:

I feel like I need a glossary for this game. It doesn't help that the game talks about all these fantasy peoples without any characters to represent them.

It's kinda got what I call "The Dark Souls 2 problem" where it mentions all these things you never see or hear about elsewhere, only one or two times apiece, just to add more depth to the world without any actual substance. However, in the back half of the game all these names and concepts are gonna start congealing into stuff relevant to us so it won't be an issue much longer!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's kind of amazing to compare this and Too Human, since they're both Cybernorse games. This game has an actual intriguing story, and it's made with a lot of heart and not a lot of budget. I eventually gave up on my own playthrough because things get weighted too heavily towards super-heavy armored guys who can only be killed with sniper rifles to the head or shots to the back and it got annoying (especially as I'd chosen strength and shotguns for that PC), but for all the game's issues it really tries and it does have a pretty unique style to it. I certainly don't regret buying it or playing it, and I'm really looking forward to seeing how it ends, too. The mechanics are janky but there are at least a bunch of interesting ideas for trying to do 'souls but guns'.

Meanwhile Too Human is just bland trash full of people making such staggeringly bad decisions that I have no idea how the same company made Eternal Darkness, one of the best games ever.

Also welcome back!

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Welcome back, I'm glad you are feeling better!

I'm wondering, are the armour shrines the only way to get armour? And do we ever actually get a full suit, or are we just reliant on our sweet pecs and delts being so incredibly ripped that bullets ricochet off them?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This game is starting to drop so many proper nouns it could be mistaken for a JRPG

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Honestly at this point I may as well make it clear that the norse influence is more than just an influence. The game may as well be a direct parallel in many respects. It'll be fun to watch you folks slot people we've heard of into their proper spots as they become more relevant in the lore and story!

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

I think I did the later half of the forest (and that one area connecting to it) before this. I tried this boss twice, then just ran past it to the obelisk and spawned in from there to fight it. My strategy was to just ignore the adds and try to kill the boss as fast as possible.

Then I beat the Cauldrons and decided this game isn't fun anymore and stopped playing. That area is really hateful.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
OH BOY IS IT EVER.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm0lfPbzSj8

From footage of my very first playthrough. :shepface:

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Having a good grenade launcher and doing artillery volleys from other platforms really helps there. Until the traps kick in, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As someone who doesn't know much anything but the broadest strokes of Norse mythology, can someone just plain ol' spoonfeed me the links between characters in Norse myth and Immortal? All I can figure out is Hel = the Queen, the Nine Worlds = The Nine Realms, and apart from that nothing :shobon:

Also, good to see you feeling better, CJacobs!