Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I got a doctor's note from the doctor today.

Which ones have ya'll gotten

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Thread looks sick, OP. Better get a note for that, too

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Dr. gently caress Med? Looks like a fake note to me.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Last week a doctor instructed me to cut the head off a cat. I'm not even making this up. He got angry when I laughed and said he couldn't possibly be serious. He said it was very important that I find the cat and cut its head off.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

Atlas Hugged posted:

Last week a doctor instructed me to cut the head off a cat. I'm not even making this up. He got angry when I laughed and said he couldn't possibly be serious. He said it was very important that I find the cat and cut its head off.

Maybe the cat is a metaphor for syphilis and by cut its head off he means ingest penicillin.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

Salty Josh posted:

Maybe the cat is a metaphor for syphilis and by cut its head off he means ingest penicillin.

Close! I was petting a local semi-feral cat and it got annoyed and bit me and I decided not to run the risk of "was it rabid" and decided to chat with a local doctor. The doctor said, "We're experiencing a national rabies outbreak, find the cat, kill it, and remove its head that we might examine its brain."

Tite Barnacle
Jun 4, 2014

Meowdy Purrdner

Grimey Drawer
Rabies is the least bad result I get after handling the pussy around here, consider yourself lucky. Mom jokes to follow.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Atlas Hugged posted:

thats weird

mine told me to shove a lime in a coconut

Yay!
Dec 21, 2018
In the UK they are fed up with "Sick Lines", now we get "Fit Notes" which say what you CAN do, rather than saying you should be off work.
My doctor can't be arsed with them so she just writes the reason for absence down as "sick", and what you can do as "recover" for as long as you want.
Pointless exercise, I bust my leg and she wrote me a Fit Note for 6 months saying the reason for absence was "pain", and I was fit to do "nothing" for 6 months.
On full pay. And was happy to write another note for the next 6 months on half pay if I wanted - but by then I was bored with doing gently caress all, had taken 3 holidays abroad, and went back to work out of sheer boredom.
Doctors here in the UK are terrified of getting sued, so if you go in and complain of stress or depression, you instantly get a line for as long as you want - just in case you actually ARE stressed, anxious, or depressed, and kill yourself rather than go back to work.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Atlas Hugged posted:

Close! I was petting a local semi-feral cat and it got annoyed and bit me and I decided not to run the risk of "was it rabid" and decided to chat with a local doctor. The doctor said, "We're experiencing a national rabies outbreak, find the cat, kill it, and remove its head that we might examine its brain."

yeah I know a dude his cat bit him and they made him chop the head off and mail it in

he was really pissed cause it was a good cat apparently just grumpy that day

now that I think about it they might have had like a dead cat drop off box instead of making him mail it it could have gone either way tbh

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
THIS IS THE FUTURE LIBERALS WANT

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all

SniperWoreConverse posted:

THIS IS THE FUTURE LIBERALS WANT

Headless cats abound.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Rabies is apparently one of the worst and only death sentences that you can end up with through no fault of your own. A man sleeps, a rabid bat flies by and bites him, he does not notice, he dies screaming because he is horrified about light moving around and cannot go anywhere near water and this all causes his body to self destruct. Don't get rabies, everybody. Not even once.

Kullik
Jan 5, 2017

Real Mean Queen posted:

Rabies is apparently one of the worst and only death sentences that you can end up with through no fault of your own. A man sleeps, a rabid bat flies by and bites him, he does not notice, he dies screaming because he is horrified about light moving around and cannot go anywhere near water and this all causes his body to self destruct. Don't get rabies, everybody. Not even once.

What if having rabies is part of my identity and i have a spiritual affinity for rabies.....ever consider that?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
god I thought this zombie fad had run its course by now

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I also live in Pound Town.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

SniperWoreConverse posted:

god I thought this zombie fad had run its course by now

you thought undead creatures had died out? :haw:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
stank puss keep shootin doodie butter

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!

Salty Josh posted:

I got a doctor's note from the doctor today.

Which ones have ya'll gotten

DOCTOR FAKE MEDS! NO DELUSION!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
if your work requires doctors notes for absences you should really evaluate your life choices

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Atlas Hugged posted:

He actually told you to slay that pussy.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Condolences for your thread, op

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFflmvcXHEk

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you are a doctor, can you write your own notes?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Cancer posted:

If you are a doctor, can you write your own notes?

you can write your own prescriptions. It's like 90% of the reason to become a doctor

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Rutibex posted:

you can write your own prescriptions. It's like 90% of the reason to become a doctor

Shiiit. Imagine being a doctor/banker, printing free money and getting all the drugs.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost
Yup

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Atlas Hugged posted:

Uhhh so did you get post exposure prophylaxis? Like I feel like a doctor shouldn't be encouraging someone who isn't animal control to hunt down a possibly rabid feral cat. You should just get the vaccines. If you can test the animal to confirm that's ideal but you can't really be too careful when rabies is pretty much always fatal.

I remember the first time I learned about rabies it was because I played some weird computer game where you shrunk down to microscopic size and fought different diseases.
I'm pretty sure it was this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOaYbXU12to

Don't get rabies :ohdear:

Edit - to be fair, I don't think there's been a documented case of transmission from cat to human in a long time. Pretty unlikely you'd get it. You can always observe the cat for 10 days and if it doesn't die or show signs of rabies then it shouldn't have been able to infect you either!

Dixville fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 6, 2019

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Atlas Hugged, I'm sorry but next full moon you will change into... a pussy!

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
There's been a bunch of deaths from dog bites in my area over the last year so yeah I went ahead and did the shots. Insurance is paying for it so no problem for me. I used to see the cat every single day and now I haven't seen the cat since the incident, so that's worrisome. And this is Thailand, so me being told to go on a cat safari to remove its head is pretty much par for the course.

Sorryformybadjokes
Apr 21, 2004

I identify as a simian who pronounces the 'silent' letters in words.
Fallen Rib
op if i was a doctor i'd molest u

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Atlas Hugged posted:

Haha wow religion and superstition still reign supreme in the US, am I right?

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Atlas Hugged posted:

Doing this is always fun "do you need the whole body of the dog/cat/bat/etc"? "No just hack off the head and bring it back :tipshat:"

Vaginal Vagrant
Jan 12, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Like I can understand hacking of a dog head but you can fit a whole cat in a big envelope. These rabies scientists are loving with people.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
I love you all
Why would they want to go through the hassle of decapitating it and disposing of the body when they can make some random farang do it?

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Nap Ghost

Flannelette posted:

Doing this is always fun "do you need the whole body of the dog/cat/bat/etc"? "No just hack off the head and bring it back :tipshat:"

Id just put it in an HEB bag and take it to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

quote:

Dear Teacher
Please excuse Mozi from class as he has a bad case of school sucks disease