Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
You let me down goons!

buglord fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

roomforthetuna
Mar 22, 2005

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
^^^^ tsch, impatient! Can't even wait 24 hours and 5 minutes for a response.

When I was very young, a magazine said you could get infinite lives in a specific game by getting down to 1 life and then being killed by two things at the same time. It worked. (I remember what the game looked like, but no idea what it was - the first bit involved a horizontal frogger-like area with things bouncing up and down you had to avoid, so to lose two lives at once you had to find a spot where two of those hit each other and stand in it.)

Anyway, I formed a habit of trying this method in other hard games, and found it worked several times.

My favorite instance of it was one of those isometric 3D games that was extremely hard (couldn't remember the name but looked it up by searching for 80s isometric 3D games - it was Sweevo's World); I found the -1 lives cheat worked in it, and then a month later a magazine came out with like 80 long lines of hexadecimal nonsense you could painstakingly type in before loading the game to get infinite lives. I wrote to them to say you could much easier do it by losing two lives at once instead (with specific instructions for going to a room it was easy to do in), and they never did anything with it. :shrug:

roomforthetuna fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Jan 11, 2019