Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Silly Burrito posted:

We should really be Generation Meme.

Short lived, annoying, and not very clever? Yeah, that sounds about right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Thaddius the Large posted:

Short lived, annoying, and not very clever? Yeah, that sounds about right

You say that now, but Big Chungus is gonna win the libertarian primary in Florida.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Shinjobi posted:

Actually, as far as road games go that was a pretty damned good game for the Dallas offense. Like, Dak still looks flawed as hell at times but if you had told me the offense would be the only thing keeping the Cowboys in that game AND they'd score over 20 points on the road, I'd tell you that you're high. Dallas was absolute trash on both sides of the ball when they were the visiting team, so if anything Dak walks out of this loss still looking okay!

That's loving nuts for me to be saying right now!!!

I rewatched that game last night and I think you're not quite correct with this. Dak straight up missed about five or six throws that would've gotten the Cowboys totally back in it, including potential touchdowns and multiple third down conversions. He did make some nice throws downfield when the receiver was completely open, but he didn't really have a great game overall.

I agree that the defense struggling was the bigger story but Dak did not play well. Especially in the second half he missed some very easy, wide open throws.

Overall you could see clearly the limitations of both Goff and Dak. Dak gives you more maneuverability and options in the run game, but Goff can hit throws downfield that I don't think Dak would even attempt, and overall has the much more accurate pass. I think Dak should get paid like 15-20 million per year, because the fact is that with him at quarterback you need a better team (and thus more cap space) to have a chance at the Super Bowl.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
Would imaginary cartoon characters be any worse than the real cartoon characters we currently have? I say we find out.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Play posted:

I rewatched that game last night and I think you're not quite correct with this. Dak straight up missed about five or six throws that would've gotten the Cowboys totally back in it, including potential touchdowns and multiple third down conversions. He did make some nice throws downfield when the receiver was completely open, but he didn't really have a great game overall.

I agree that the defense struggling was the bigger story but Dak did not play well. Especially in the second half he missed some very easy, wide open throws.

Overall you could see clearly the limitations of both Goff and Dak. Dak gives you more maneuverability and options in the run game, but Goff can hit throws downfield that I don't think Dak would even attempt, and overall has the much more accurate pass. I think Dak should get paid like 15-20 million per year, because the fact is that with him at quarterback you need a better team (and thus more cap space) to have a chance at the Super Bowl.

I can agree with this, but the results were still surprising to me. They just don't score on the road, so the final score being as.......low as what it was given the defense, and close as it (on paper) seemed impossible on the road.

But yeah, Dak has a fuckton of warts and it would be nice to see what a better coordinator could get out of him. Can't get any worse! It...totally can.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Dak really needs to spend time working with Gallup this offseason, Cooper is good enough to work around his shortcomings but it was infuriating how many almost-big plays he and Gallup juuuusssst missed on this year. If he can become a legit #2 next season it’ll be a nice step up in making the pass attack a lot more effective and reduce double coverages on Amari.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Dak really needs to spend time working with Gallup this offseason, Cooper is good enough to work around his shortcomings but it was infuriating how many almost-big plays he and Gallup juuuusssst missed on this year. If he can become a legit #2 next season it’ll be a nice step up in making the pass attack a lot more effective and reduce double coverages on Amari.

Yeah it was frustrating, seemed like most times either Gallup wasn't quite able to make the catch or the pass was just not in the right place even though he was wide open. It seemed like he was open a lot too. Gallup and Cooper look like legit number one and two guys so next year there will really be no excuses for the Cowboys not having a good passing game.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shinjobi posted:

I can agree with this, but the results were still surprising to me. They just don't score on the road, so the final score being as.......low as what it was given the defense, and close as it (on paper) seemed impossible on the road.

But yeah, Dak has a fuckton of warts and it would be nice to see what a better coordinator could get out of him. Can't get any worse! It...totally can.

bring in Brian Schottenheimer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
You sonofabitch