Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
chinese people jumping to their deaths at fiphone factories 41 22.16%
bill gates exhales loudly and breaks into a hearty belly laugh 36 19.46%
Steve Jobs is dead and im glad of it 61 32.97%
tech bro Goku sitting in a dimly lit cubicle jerking off and crying 47 25.41%
Total: 95 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Gay Weed Dad
Jul 12, 2016

cool dude, flyin' high

Dr. Gojo Shioji posted:

This is actually kinda cool, although the slots molded into the bumper(s) would look a little weird if they didn't have anything in them.

Until you realize he was doing it to park in handicapped spaces (I did get my steps in that week though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

it was cool how he treated his daughter like poo poo oh wait no that sucked lol he dead

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

fun fact this is the first hit for “crying jobs dead” on google images (which maybe is influenced by my bubble) is a link to SA with this text

“Steve Jobs is dead - The Something Awful Forums
i tried gis "dead jobs crying hipster, apple store crying hipster, if you cried when steve jobs died please kill yourself" and got nothing.”

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I used to be glad he was dead.

But now I see how lovely apple has become in terms of any sort of advancement and I feel that maybe it would have been better had he lived.

Not that I want Apple to do well. But at least when he was around things were interesting.

It's like Tim Cook embodies Jobs greed but not his ambition.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i legit forgot that he was dead, so thank you for the reminder

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
God bless Jeeves Sobs

underthecube
Dec 5, 2018
"i need a device that costs a whole paycheck at least every 2 years" is still such a weird status symbol for all of society to just *have* now, thankfully ive never had someone talk poo poo about people who down own the latest iphone but is that because i only hang out with olds or is it something regular people deal with offline?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

what do you think steve would think about people running around with white plastic tampons in their ears

You have never seen a vagina in real life.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My only regret is that he didn’t take more billionaires with him

Norfolks Given
Jan 3, 2019

I suppose to be fair at least we know who he was.

‘That Korean oval office in charge of Samsung what sold me a poo poo phone that self-combusted and burned my dick off’ doesn’t have the same snap as ‘Steve Jobs is DEAD.’

Also gently caress Steve Jobs for turning every single product launch / reveal into sort sort of evangelical hysteria of nerds screaming like the guy on stage is levitating cats with his loving mind and not showing a poo poo trailer for the next CoD that looks like the last CoD, or people acting like the new slightly less poo poo version of Oracle will enable interstellar travel and Larry Ellison will shoot us all into the future on his surgically enhanced cybercock.

gently caress Larry Ellison as well.

And gently caress the snapchat guy. I don’t even know what shapchat is for but I’m pretty sure the rich obnoxious young oval office who made it was only made possible because of Steve loving Jobs.

But yeah, Steve Jobs is dead from rear end cancer. Which is ironic because everyone claims phones do it to your head, so maybe he was talking out of his arsehole and radiation did it.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Kazak
Jan 10, 2012

Sent...

:mmmhmm:

...sent from my iBone

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Kazak posted:

Sent...

:mmmhmm:

...sent from my iBone

sup bones

thescience
Jul 18, 2006
Fun fact: Jobs is buried in an unmarked grave at the same cemetery where my father is buried. They have a guestbook in the main building where people write thoughts and prayers. On the 2nd page someone wrote "wish you the best of luck in hell, rear end in a top hat"

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

that's a rude thing to say about your father

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

@dasharez0ne

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

You have never seen a vagina in real life.

yeah but I've smelled them.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jan 17, 2019

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

hi5 fellow vagina smeller :respek:

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It just occured to me that my last post could come off kinda weird and creepy so before anyone gets the wrong idea I just want you to know it's my job

I dunno what SCROTO TURBOSPERG's doing though. Think you got some explainin' to do buddy.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

YeahTubaMike posted:

i legit forgot that he was dead, so thank you for the reminder

To be fair he isn't technically dead

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

underthecube posted:

"i need a device that costs a whole paycheck at least every 2 years" is still such a weird status symbol for all of society to just *have* now, thankfully ive never had someone talk poo poo about people who down own the latest iphone but is that because i only hang out with olds or is it something regular people deal with offline?

i have a ten-year old flip-phone

i'm also poor, but even if i wasn't i'd still have a flip-phone

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

iPhone created an entire branch of tech and then everyone else did it better, lol

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.
this bitch had the mild version of the ridiculously incurable cancer that killed someone who was very important to me, and like a dumbass he ate fruit to try to fix it

gently caress him forever rest in piss

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

funkybottoms posted:

i have a ten-year old flip-phone

i'm also poor, but even if i wasn't i'd still have a flip-phone

I like how smartphones have become so cheap and widespread that I’ve seen a couple homeless folks with them. I like to wonder what homeless text culture is like.

Also hold onto your flip phone because once you taste smartphone ownership there’s no going back, so begin to be $40-80 more poor each month.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

bad posts ahead!!! posted:

this bitch had the mild version of the ridiculously incurable cancer that killed someone who was very important to me, and like a dumbass he ate fruit to try to fix it

gently caress him forever rest in piss

That’s what I found a little bit offensive. On one hand, what people do or don’t do to their bodies is none of my business. But on the other hand, there’s tons of folks who have/had the same condition. Those poor folks either went bankrupt fighting it or couldn’t afford treatment, then they see this dude who voluntarily dies by ignoring science while resting on ridiculous amounts of money.

Norfolks Given
Jan 3, 2019

buglord posted:

I like how smartphones have become so cheap and widespread that I’ve seen a couple homeless folks with them. I like to wonder what homeless text culture is like.

Also hold onto your flip phone because once you taste smartphone ownership there’s no going back, so begin to be $40-80 more poor each month.

Detroit homeless guy ‘spare a buck for a cup of joe’ - okay so maybe it’s in the 30’s Great Depression idk.
Bay Area homeless guy ‘spare 999 bucks so I can upgraded to the new IPhone X11 with dataplan? I accept PayPal, bitcoin and I have square for all major credit cards. And if you could credit my Uber and airB&B accounts with a couple of G’ that’d be swell.’
‘No.get a job you lazy bum’
Yelling ‘this guy is a Republican!’
‘Shutup and take the money.’

Overnight Blaze
Mar 7, 2017

buglord posted:

They're not just cheap, they're free. I used to have a smartphone where I just had to make a call to any number once a month to keep my service, and I'll see groups giving them out to anyone who qualifies in some of the poorer areas I've lived.

According to the people I've known, they text about drama happening in their circles, where to score, and stuff they can get for free/cheap.

Jeremy_X
Jul 27, 2006
Hey Chinatown eat any interesting burritos recently? Chile relleno burritos are amazing but I'm needing something new.

On topic: cell phones are stupid. Apple products are stupid. Apple cell phones are stupid squared.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

buglord posted:

That’s what I found a little bit offensive. On one hand, what people do or don’t do to their bodies is none of my business. But on the other hand, there’s tons of folks who have/had the same condition. Those poor folks either went bankrupt fighting it or couldn’t afford treatment, then they see this dude who voluntarily dies by ignoring science while resting on ridiculous amounts of money.

That's what makes it funny. A man with hubris the size of the sun dies of cancer that he could afford to treat and probably live a relatively normal life. But he chose to treat it with fruit. Lmao forever.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Norfolks Given posted:

I suppose to be fair at least we know who he was.

‘That Korean oval office in charge of Samsung what sold me a poo poo phone that self-combusted and burned my dick off’ doesn’t have the same snap as ‘Steve Jobs is DEAD.’

Also gently caress Steve Jobs for turning every single product launch / reveal into sort sort of evangelical hysteria of nerds screaming like the guy on stage is levitating cats with his loving mind and not showing a poo poo trailer for the next CoD that looks like the last CoD, or people acting like the new slightly less poo poo version of Oracle will enable interstellar travel and Larry Ellison will shoot us all into the future on his surgically enhanced cybercock.

gently caress Larry Ellison as well.

And gently caress the snapchat guy. I don’t even know what shapchat is for but I’m pretty sure the rich obnoxious young oval office who made it was only made possible because of Steve loving Jobs.

But yeah, Steve Jobs is dead from rear end cancer. Which is ironic because everyone claims phones do it to your head, so maybe he was talking out of his arsehole and radiation did it.

The snapchat guys actually sold snapchat for a billion dollar to google. And then they did an interview laughing about the fact that Google literally paid a billion dollar for snapchat. That was pretty cool imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

King of Bees posted:

I think about this man child from time to time and wonder what was going through his head at that moment in time and how is he doing now and what decisions were made in his life for him to have the reaction we see in that photo.

I was just wondering that too. Is there any more backstory to the douchiest pic on the internet? I wonder if he feels dumb or just went on ahead full throttle.

Last year all three of my kids wanted iphones. I got them 189 dollar Honor 7X's and they grumbled but not too loudly because they knew I'd take that poo poo back if they acted like jerks about it. A year later 2 are lost and 1 is broke. I wonder what to get them this year.

The Dregs fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Jan 17, 2019