Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!
Okay. To be fair. The font and ink styling really does make that look like "Verdamint"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Occultatio posted:

Behold, the world's least frequent LP returns once again!

Part 10: All the Single Lady

Your friend's 5-minute-memory never fails to frustrate.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Wow. That room filling seeping frustration at around 9:30. That's what I come here for.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I'd almost say we're in legit pen-to-paper note taking territory.

As to what advice I'd give, it'd be this:

1) Pronouns, nouns, and adjectives are indispensable.

2) Every physical position and character detail is deliberate.

3) Do not obsess over detail, but note and cross-reference such detail.

4) Clothing detail RARELY changes.

5) If you can't identify a face, identify another way.

6) Always twist theories to suit facts, not the other way around.

7) Have two reasons to commit an identity.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
The bosun's mate's distinctive shirt is how I identified him, but it's cool that there's other ways to get there.

Not being able to make out the stripes is also why it's so hard to identify him as the shooter.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Iamyourking posted:

I think Luisfe's SMT: Strange Journey, ShadowCatboy's Planescape Torment, and most of all Spirit Armor's Sakura Wars have something to say.

There was also Flare Elevar's Spyro Trilogy.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

malkav11 posted:

The bosun's mate's distinctive shirt is how I identified him, but it's cool that there's other ways to get there.

The bosun saying his nationality is as good as naming the guy, and it's pretty easy to go from there to the only guy who matches that stated fate.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems

xthetenth posted:

The bosun saying his nationality is as good as naming the guy, and it's pretty easy to go from there to the only guy who matches that stated fate.

Ah, but this is where people trip up, because there's a different person we see explicitly suffer that fate on-screen, and the fate of the bosun's mate is only visually suggested.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Occultatio posted:

Ah, but this is where people trip up, because there's a different person we see explicitly suffer that fate on-screen, and the fate of the bosun's mate is only visually suggested.

True. I think by that point I'd also made the unstated assumption that the bosun and his mate were a mate-haver and mate pair, while maba was off on his lonesome. So less the fate and more the behavior through the doom. Also I think I figured that the bosun had seen the topman get pulled apart, so implicitly there's a ripped apart after the bosun is incapacitated that had me looking for someone who died after the chapter.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
The thing that ended up tripping me up the most when I first played through the game is that I thought Miner was one of the Chinese topmen for a long time.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Truly an exceptional game. There are very few that can surprise me or really do anything I find interesting, and this one had a couple really great twists. Definitely a great game to go in unspoiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

xthetenth posted:

It's the one part of the game that, as a Frenchman myself, pissed me off albeit frustratedly so. Half of my brain was fuming "oh, great, you know he's obviously the French one because he's got a striped shirt on. Why not give him a loving baguette and beret while you're at it you American loving hack dev ?!" while the other half was going "But this is one time where the striped shirt is actually legit because that's what Breton sailors *did* wear on duty back in the day, so you cannot be mad." :).