Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Please take this time to fondly remember shopping on the Wii Shop Channel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3pQv9mmZMk

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GLwA4P3QDk

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

I dont give a gently caress

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

I dont give a gently caress

Uncalled for.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_qnI1WrlnU

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

The entire timeline of the Wii, store and all, has held very fond memories for me at a weird time in my life

F

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

BONESAWWWWWW posted:

The entire timeline of the Wii, store and all, has held very fond memories for me at a weird time in my life

F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkgP0od6iSE

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I remember finally getting a Wii when they were hard to obtain, excitedly downloading River City Ransom and Super C on my console and thinking it was neat, even though I had been emulating games on my PC forever.

Then the Twilight Princess hack came out and I never got any more VC games for the most part. Still really cool that Rondo of Blood came out on the system, along with a bunch of other obscure stuff. Konami should put the Rebirth games back on Switch.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

VC was insanely cool, especially the Turbo Grafx retro treasures which often get forgotten. I really hope Switch gets that level of content.

e: I had some wii points still so I downloaded ogre battle 64 last night and contemplated the passage of time

P-Mack fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 30, 2019

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Mario is never going to get that last coin now.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Bicyclops posted:

Mario is never going to get that last coin now.

:(

Virtual Console was great. Gunstar Heroes and Sin & Punishment are still two of my favorite games and I’m not sure I would’ve ever gotten into them without it. I was already pretty hooked on SNES games as a kid but VC really stoked my interest in retro games as a whole.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

VWVWV posted:

:(

Virtual Console was great. Gunstar Heroes and Sin & Punishment are still two of my favorite games and I’m not sure I would’ve ever gotten into them without it. I was already pretty hooked on SNES games as a kid but VC really stoked my interest in retro games as a whole.

Yeah, it was cool to see the games I was poorly emulating on my toaster laptop actually working properly and something I could buy for like 5 bucks. VC was where I first played Super Metroid and Secret of Mana

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

I remember really enjoying sin and punishment but the story was incomprehensible.

VWVWV
Jan 19, 2010

Yeah, it had some great nonsense English and the plot just seemed like several animes thrown into a blender. I just remember the cool sets and that the bad guys were an army of Ruffians led by a guy named Brad

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sin and Punishment is the first game I ever 1CC'd I think

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Rip to the wii e-shop and all the joy it brought us in its times

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Everybody Votes

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

RIP to paying $15 for N64 games on the Wii, long live paying $20 for SNES games on the Switch.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

RIP to paying $15 for N64 games on the Wii, long live paying $20 for SNES games on the Switch.

its 20 dollars for literally just ice climbers and donkey kong jr math

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

you only have to pay the 20 dollars just once for ALL ACCESS!!

but all you get is Yoshi's cookie, the Game Genie version of original Legend of Zelda, the chance to play In Training in Splatoon 2 because he's the only one playing it, and the opportunity to grief Wormskull by playing him a single time in Smash Brothers and then quitting.

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

American McGay posted:

Everybody Votes

Counterpoint: Check Mii Out

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

you only have to pay the 20 dollars just once for ALL ACCESS!!

but all you get is Yoshi's cookie, the Game Genie version of original Legend of Zelda, the chance to play In Training in Splatoon 2 because he's the only one playing it, and the opportunity to grief Wormskull by playing him a single time in Smash Brothers and then quitting.

Splatoon 2 is hotter than ever after 4.4 dualie nerf. Meta is litty as all get out rn.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Splatoon 2 is hotter than ever after 4.4 dualie nerf. Meta is litty as all get out rn.
That sounds cool.

loads up vanilla Tri-Slosher that I have 5,000,000m inked on

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

American McGay posted:

That sounds cool.

loads up vanilla Tri-Slosher that I have 5,000,000m inked on

Lol

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
So which wiiware will never see the light of day again?

Rip that gay muscle bro game

BONESAWWWWWW
Dec 23, 2009

Muscle March. That game rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014