Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

jabro posted:

It was always known the most he would be able to do was pitch run for the rest of the season.

He pinch hit the other day. :shrug: Worth a shot since the rest of waivers was garbage and it’s the last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

Oh ya I also grabbed Jose Ramirez last week haha

THIS WORKED OUT WELL

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

Rad I had Ramirez on my bench today

fawning deference
Jul 4, 2018

T-Bone is the draft 5ET?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

fawning deference posted:

He's stll in my DL spot in the keeper league... :smith:

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

fawning deference posted:

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

He's stll in my DL spot in the keeper league... :smith:

same lol

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
I was bounced in the first round so I'm out, but in case he's available, Frankie Montas is starting against the Troutless Angels tomorrow tonight

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Tommy Edman has kept me afloat in a few leagues, and he reeks of the guy I'm going to target in every league next season and he'll absolutely pancake. Looking at you, Chris Taylor.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
he'll be the "sleeper" pick that everyone overvalues and goes in the 5th round

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bieber and Castillo picked wonderful times to eat poo poo.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Is it just how my year went, or was this a really frustrating and unenjoyable fantasy baseball season? I mean, every year has its busts, breakouts, and injuries, but it just seems to be turned up to 11 this year.

Kluber, Sale, Snell, and Taillon all suffered misfortune all year. Trout, Yelich, Acuna, and hell, 2019 Ketel Marte go down just in time for the playoffs.

I'm only bitter because I made most of the wrong moves, but I've been just waiting for it to end.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Probably just how your year went

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Yeah, my year went pretty swell.

For me, the big reason why I am possibly going to win my league, is that I made great trades and picked up rookies that did well. I traded Treinen for Freeman (probably my greatest steal of all-time and the reason why I will always load up on closers because people seem desperate at the beginning of the season), Rizzo for Scherzer, and then Strasburg for Soto. I picked up Alvarez, Hiura, and Bichette, to go along with the players I drafted, Tatis and Jimenez.

The only player I drafted within the top-100 that hasn't done well for me has been Bauer, and that's more of a second-half thing.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

This was an interesting year, for sure.

I bet big on Story, Bellinger, Voit, and Senzel, so that was good.

I also bet big on Taillon, Wheeler, and Heaney, so not so much.

In other words, gently caress pitching.

Also my home league is falling apart because a few of us (myself included) aren't willing to compromise on keeper rules and dump trades. The standard has always been if it's not collusive, you can't veto it. But one owner got all uppity about his valuation of a trade and cut his whole roster. Pretty fun when a bunch of dudes pushing 40 are little bitches about fake baseball.

But the best part of this season is my higher stakes money league, I'm locked into 2nd place plus a bonus for most points gained in September, with a maybe 3% chance to catch the 1st place team this week. So above all else, :homebrew:

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Moneyball posted:

Is it just how my year went, or was this a really frustrating and unenjoyable fantasy baseball season? I mean, every year has its busts, breakouts, and injuries, but it just seems to be turned up to 11 this year.

Kluber, Sale, Snell, and Taillon all suffered misfortune all year. Trout, Yelich, Acuna, and hell, 2019 Ketel Marte go down just in time for the playoffs.

I'm only bitter because I made most of the wrong moves, but I've been just waiting for it to end.

I’m more on your end. Seemed very frustrating, certainly more stressful than any year I’ve had prior and I’m legit taking a (permanent?) break next year.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Pitching was an absolute fuckshow this year, and the end-of-season roster choices really did seem to get brought to a new level.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
My team has an era and whip under 1 and a k/bb over 12 in my 7x7 but I'm getting boat raced because my offense took a collective dump and/or got hurt :shepicide:

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

I found out this year that 4 active teams is too many for me, and 20+ man dynasty leagues are loving boring to manage because waivers are complete trash 99% of the time.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Welp, Pat Corbin’s performance today practically guaranteed me 2nd in my big money league. I’ll take it I guess. gently caress pitching

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Inspector_666 posted:

Pitching was an absolute fuckshow this year, and the end-of-season roster choices really did seem to get brought to a new level.

If the ball stays juiced the market inefficiency is getting middling, inning-eating pitchers with sub-4.00 ERAs mid-late in the draft instead of spending too much outside of the few real aces.

Same for relievers and saves if your league does holds or NSVH.

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Whoa Jack Flaherty is starting today.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Cool houston let Gerrit Cole go a full outing. Goodbye forever fantasy baseball

Be back In 2021

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

4x Golds, a Silver, and 2x bronze finishes for me in my 8 leagues.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

the_american_dream posted:

Cool houston let Gerrit Cole go a full outing. Goodbye forever fantasy baseball

Be back In 2021

He was going for his 20th win, wasn't he?

Bregor
May 31, 2013

https://twitter.com/mike_petriello/status/1178663227447808002

Man, I thought Christian Walker cooled off after his hot April. Guess not :stare:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Congrats to jabro for winning the Fire and Forget league!

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

Well, at least I didn't take home the Shiva. Would have been nice to make the draft this year though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Moneyball posted:

Well, at least I didn't take home the Shiva. Would have been nice to make the draft this year though.

third time's the charm, right?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

IcePhoenix posted:

Congrats to jabro for winning the Fire and Forget league!

I'd like to thank my fellow league mates for this hard fought victory. I would not have achieved this without your constant pressure to better myself by doing nothing.

I leaned in my normal leagues I should just draft a team and ignore it for 6 months. I'm better as a Royals owner than a Yankees owner.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

third time's the charm, right?

Same person caused me to miss both, but she's gone, so

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

well that took a dark turn

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Gone as in we decided we are better friends so we are no longer together or gone like Adriana in The Sopranos?

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Do not ask questions you don't want the answers to...

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

IcePhoenix posted:

well that took a dark turn

Oh I didn't mean for it to sound dark. She's in a better place now.

I mean, the apartment she moved in to is a lot nicer.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

Only one person has caused me to miss a draft against my will. I’d like to say she’s in a better place, but she moved back to Ohio :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

Won 2 out of 4 pro leagues. :toot:

In the roto one, I was never in first place, until the 2nd to last day of the season. The guy who led most of the year streamed too much and capped out hitters and pitchers with like 5 days to go and ended up in 5th, it was great.