Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Dang Dad
Apr 23, 2003

Well I am
over-fucking-whelmed...
Young Orc
Anyone gettin' in on PRAEY FOR THE GODS?

Click here for official site

Get it on Steam here

quote:

Praey for the Gods is a brutal journey set on a desolate frozen island, where your only chance of survival is to destroy the very gods you believe in.
In Praey for the Gods, you play a lone hero sent to the edge of a dying world to discover the mystery behind a never-ending winter. Arriving with only the clothes on your back, you must survive the colossal dangers that you encounter. To restore balance and reclaim the land from the brink, you will be faced with questions that not even a God knows the answer to.

It's a blend of Shadow of the Colossus and a survival sim. It's in early access on Steam for $29 USD but I got it on sale for $25 on February 4th so... anything's possible I guess.

Features

THRILL as you hunt down giant monsters, climb them, and gently caress with their weak points
MARVEL as you collect crafting supplies to make campfires and cooked meats
MANAGE different meters like your cold, your hunger, and your sleepiness.

In all seriousness, this game seems pretty fun. I've only beaten the tutorial boss, but if you've ever wanted more SOTC, I think this will scratch that itch. I can't tell if it's a full-on ripoff or if it's going to do its own thing. There's already non-giant combat so that's pretty different. Plus, I think the survival/crafting elements are interesting enough to help the game stand on its own, especially if you get to make interesting choices. Supposedly, the order you do the giants in is freestyle too, so you don't have to do the SOTC thing where it's always in the same order.

It's got the same "lonely, dead world" feeling that SOTC did, which I enjoy. I love big monoliths and crumbling statues and weird runes, so this is right my alley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt9_n9pGurA

That Dang Dad fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU