Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

werbear
Jan 14, 2017
Compared to other options Shogun's damage doesn't seem that insane. But their increased support potential makes for a pretty interesting class: A support character that deals damage during off turns.
It mostly reminds me of how I used Blade Master Masuraos in EOV, although way more limited.

A Shogun is a great partner for an Upper Stance Ronin. During boss fights you always love that much damage but even while exploring the labyrinth those two work great together since a Great Warrior buffed Air Blade will remove almost any dangerous random encounter enemy in one hit. And for the few that are too sturdy for that Great Warrior into Helm Splitter will kill them unless they hide in the backline.
However giving aggro to your non-Clear Stance Ronin is a terrible idea so you almost need a Protector to survive the drawback of that strategy.

I was having great success with a Shogun/Ninja that could put both Great Warrior and Swift Justice on an Imperial and a Ronin in just three turns. With a Protector I could keep these three alive while havin a great target for Front Command thanks to Line Shield. Losing Unified Effort is a bit annoying but it's a fair price to pay for having a +100% Imperial and a +100% Ronin wailing on the enemy. I usually ended boss fights before my Shoguns ran out of TP.
Binds and ailments were the bain of this party, sadly.

Edit: the Shogun class overview is at the bottom of the previous page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Hi, I haven't forgotten about this. This summer's just been incredibly busy for me, from the game I was contracted to program, to Shadowbringers. Updates will resume soon!

I should note, though, that Aurelis has...vanished off the face of the earth. Neither I nor any of his friends can get in contact with him. As such, unfortunately, we'll have to carry on without him.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Ragnar Homsar posted:

Hi, I haven't forgotten about this. This summer's just been incredibly busy for me, from the game I was contracted to program, to Shadowbringers. Updates will resume soon!

I should note, though, that Aurelis has...vanished off the face of the earth. Neither I nor any of his friends can get in contact with him. As such, unfortunately, we'll have to carry on without him.

One brings shadow, one brings the light

Hope Aurelis is alright :ohdear:

Kemix
Dec 1, 2013

Because change

BrightWing posted:

Hope Aurelis is alright :ohdear:

One can really only hope.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
Hey. I'm about to start a new LP, so I feel posting an update in this thread is deserved.

I'm putting EON on hold to do an LP of Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I'll return to this once 3H is at least significantly done.

EOU will be finished as I'm going through the early parts of 3H.

For now, though, this LP can take a rest.