Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene
(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I just want to reblog this and stress this: Levi lost his entire squad. He didn’t lose 20% of his squad. He didn’t even lose 50%. He lost his whole squad. Look at what it’s done to him. You can see the death in his eyes, but he keeps on going. This is why Levi is one of my favorite characters.

just bob
Sep 6, 2017

by Reene

Endorph posted:

I just want to reblog this and stress this: Levi lost his entire squad. He didn’t lose 20% of his squad. He didn’t even lose 50%. He lost his whole squad. Look at what it’s done to him. You can see the death in his eyes, but he keeps on going. This is why Levi is one of my favorite characters.

LEVI THOUGHT HE WAS A TOTAN CUCK

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
Well this is a quality thread.

Maybe we should something better out of this. Please post me pictures of ducks and/or waterfowl in anime.

I'll start us off

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q81ptFSA4mk

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Content, eh? Well, when going through every touhou from A to Z, the first on the list is the Aki sisters...

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

It's a real tragedy OP got probed before he could share his content with us

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

El Burbo posted:

Content, eh? Well, when going through every touhou from A to Z, the first on the list is the Aki sisters...

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
But what if you have no content

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEvDEwh7krA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_EnYnjk45Y

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
the maps in the second vid are way cooler but the usain bolt bit in the first always cracks me up

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

the maps in the second vid are way cooler but the usain bolt bit in the first always cracks me up

you ever play kreedz, that had some great maps

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

i installed it again recently and it only took me like 10 minutes to relearn all the strafe and corner movement

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Sharkopath posted:

you ever play kreedz, that had some great maps

no, looks cool though. never touched the cs movement stuff outside of ending up on some surf servers and not understanding what was happening at all when i messed around in GO in highschool. Started getting into reflex race in the summer because it has maps like this where you can reach the end even if you can't maintain speed well or can't do 10 rocket wall climbs or whatever, but it was making my laptop keyboard too hot for long play sessions.
Tried switching to defrag since thankfully quake 3 doesn't make my computer run hot but all the maps I found were too hard. Renewed interest recently though so I've made it a project to find some defrag maps that are playable for me.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

DisDisDis posted:

no, looks cool though. never touched the cs movement stuff outside of ending up on some surf servers and not understanding what was happening at all when i messed around in GO in highschool. Started getting into reflex race in the summer because it has maps like this where you can reach the end even if you can't maintain speed well or can't do 10 rocket wall climbs or whatever, but it was making my laptop keyboard too hot for long play sessions.
Tried switching to defrag since thankfully quake 3 doesn't make my computer run hot but all the maps I found were too hard. Renewed interest recently though so I've made it a project to find some defrag maps that are playable for me.

KZ has some of the speed and bhop stuff but is more about really precise platforming but some of the maps are really really good like kz_still where you have to race up a cliffface to reach an airliner that crashed into it, while time is stopped.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Can't find any vods but that sounds really cool yeah. I was watching a level design stream on NaissancE the other day by this indie guy and it got me thinking how that shares a lot aesthetics wise with a lot of jump map type stuff and how that doesn't come up much in discussions on these minimal aesthetics in 3D games or in 'making first person games that aren't about killing people.' Unsurprising since they're really niche skillgames but I wish this stuff was more well known.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Robert, I do not condone your shenanigans.