Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

we read After the First Death in like...6th grade? and in retrospect that is a weird rear end book to have preteens read...iirc one protagonist is a terrorist and the other suicides or something. wtf is up with this guy and his dark kids books

I think I read another one where a kid smashes an old holocaust survivor’s life’s work after being bribed by an antisemite

who hurt you robert cormier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Les Os
Mar 29, 2010
in fade there is incest and child molestation/regular rape

EdwardSwifferhands
Apr 27, 2008

I will probably lick whatever you put in front of me.
Should i, a goon read these books? I have never heard of them.

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
Sorry, Author I Never Heard of, the goons already said I need to read this Leguin lady first, so I will probably forget about you.

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Is he the guy who wrote that book about the brothers who get lost canoeing up a river and have gay incest sex after killing a bear?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i made a statue of robert loggia out of wet toilet paper

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

The Dregs posted:

Sorry, Author I Never Heard of, the goons already said I need to read this Leguin lady first, so I will probably forget about you.

You will not regret reading LeGuin. She is one of humanity’s greatest treasures.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

The Dregs posted:

Sorry, Author I Never Heard of, the goons already said I need to read this Leguin lady first

Do it.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!

Applewhite posted:

You will not regret reading LeGuin. She is one of humanity’s greatest treasures.

For some reason i got it in my fool head to re-read the first book of the Wheel of Time series again. I have ti finish that tome first. She's next up.

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
I loving hated the Chocolate War.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
gently caress you Robert Cormier! :argh:

fucker.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

EdwardSwifferhands posted:

Should i, a goon read these books? I have never heard of them.

they are legit some of the best YA novels out there, just don’t expect a happy ending

I looked it up and Tunes for Bears to Dance To is the other one I was thinking of where the kid smashes a painstakingly built model of the holocaust survivor’s hometown

That Robot posted:

I loving hated the Chocolate War.
This is his most famous one, I never read it but I read a synopsis and it seems like the moral of the story is to be a conformist or else get ground into dust by society. wtf robert cormier.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

instead of reading young adult novels maybe try reading a loving adult novel you idiot manchildren

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Instead of reading you should perhaps expand your horizons with DMT.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

instead of reading young adult novels maybe try reading a loving adult novel you idiot manchildren

as i think i mentioned in the leguin thread i live in a small pit under a large rock in the middle of a cultural and environmental wasteland, the only books i encounter regularly are discarded genre paperbacks and YA novels

the other day while rooting around in a pile of rat poo poo i was overjoyed when i came across a copy of the third policeman, only to later realize i was hallucinating due to hunger and it was babysitters club #53. such is life.

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
lol why read when you can play fortnite

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

If you google a book's title with pdf, sometimes they're just there for the reading!

I prefer physical books but it's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SilvergunSuperman posted:

If you google a book's title with pdf, sometimes they're just there for the reading!

I prefer physical books but it's ok.

nice i do this to find vector versions of corporate logos for niche companies that dont give u access to that stuff, just gotta get them out of the .pdf after u download the monthly softball calendar or w/e