Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Go Riders?
Green is the Colour!!
Football is the Game!!
Go Riders!!
gently caress the Edmontons!
View Results

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Free Agency starts Tuesday the 12th!

Mike Reilly is signing for 4 years and 700k per year in BC which is good cause gently caress the stupid Edmonton team.

For all the worry about the AAF/XFL stealing dudes, they can't/won't pay what top QBs are getting paid in the CFL so the league should keep its top player talent before those bad leagues both fold.

The Riders need a QB and who knows if their coach is good since Chris Jones left to join the Browns and teach them to cheat better and left the Riders to choose between their Special Teams Coordinator and Marc Trestman's clipboard. Hopefully Willie Jefferson stays too.

The East will be worse when Harris signs in the West and Bo Levi hopefully signs anywhere but Calgary (he's going to go back to Calgary cause he can get paid better than a practice squad dude in the NFL and get to do whatever he wants at Cowboys.)

Oh and the league needs a new CBA and teams don't know what the cap actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Can we have the winner of the Apollos/Hotshots game play the winner of the Grey Cup this year?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The CFL is a mess in general right now and the Bombers are about to lose a bunch of cool players

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

The REDBLACKS are incredibly hosed

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
i forgot jones hosed off to the browns was their first big signing since he became coach the hunt thing

gently caress chris jones

GREENGOLDS pillaged a bunch of the good REDBLACKS players i guess? :toot:

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

The East is going to suck even more poo poo next year.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Nervous posted:

Can we have the winner of the Apollos/Hotshots game play the winner of the Grey Cup this year?

The AAF team would get wrecked

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Ottawa lost their starting QB, RB, LT and 2nd leading receiver
Jeremiah Masoli is going to be the best starting QB in the East next year barring some crazy trade or former-NFL QB signings

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

OH WOW ZACH COLLAROS

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Any news of Halifax?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Edward Mass posted:

Any news of Halifax?

The team has a name and a bunch of season ticket deposits but they are having trouble finding a stadium site right now. I think they are probably still 3 years out.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

DariusLikewise posted:

The team has a name and a bunch of season ticket deposits but they are having trouble finding a stadium site right now. I think they are probably still 3 years out.

So they'll be ready for the 40th Anniversary of the first attempt at Atlantic Schooner football?

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

DariusLikewise posted:

They scaled back the stadium amenities to reduce the cost and are in the process of securing the site, but have to go through some things in order to get the redesign approved, though chatter is that its more and more likely. Should be known by the summer. They'd like to start playing in 2020 in Moncton if the stadium is a go ahead and is being built in Dartmouth, though 2021 is more likely while the stadium would be ready in 2022.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

2019 Riders starting quarterback is... Zach Colleros!
2020 Riders starting quarterback is... Zach Colleros!
2021 Riders starting quarterback is... Zach Colleros!
2022 Riders starting quarterback is... Zach Colleros!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/CFL/status/1095781645586743296?s=19

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

They scaled back the stadium amenities to reduce the cost and are in the process of securing the site, but have to go through some things in order to get the redesign approved, though chatter is that its more and more likely. Should be known by the summer. They'd like to start playing in 2020 in Moncton if the stadium is a go ahead and is being built in Dartmouth, though 2021 is more likely while the stadium would be ready in 2022.

That's better than I expected, last news I read is they wanted to build the stadium on an old CFB ground and city councilors were going all NIMBY because its a nice greenspace

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/CFL/status/1100834410901975040?s=20

Sounds like Manziel got in trouble again

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Way to be an idiot Manziel right after all the good qbs are gone

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1100889588653010945

:laugh:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

What did he even do? Cucked the commissioner?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

sweet thursday posted:

What did he even do? Cucked the commissioner?

No one's talking about it, probably for legal reasons, but the smart money is on either a relapse or another DV incident.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

It's got to be something legal related, the CFL doesn't have weed on it's banned substance list. Johnny could have had that on conditions list though

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://3downnation.com/2019/02/28/johnny-manziel-skipped-meetings-required-by-the-cfl-sources/

quote:

According to sources, when the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner was negotiating his contract with the Ticats last spring, Manziel wanted the ability to take a shot at the NFL after one CFL season. The league did not have an option year window in place at the time – it was re-added last August – and would not allow the stipulation into his contract.

But Manziel knew that by not going to mandatory doctors visits, required lithium tests or meeting a therapist once a week – conditions of the agreement he revealed to USA Today last June – would potentially force the CFL to void it. Essentially, Manziel had an out clause if he wanted it.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Doing mediocre at best and getting out of a league because of character issues is the best way to clear a path to the other, better league you've already been kicked out of because of poor play and character issues

I'm starting to think he isnt so smart. And yet he will still die with tens of millions in the bank thanks to his family. Thank God America doesnt believe in estate tax

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I'm sure Jerry will take him

Llyr
Mar 24, 2010

Music is the best
Touchdown Atlantic is back this year. Montreal vs Toronto in Moncton August 25.

Llyr
Mar 24, 2010

Music is the best
CFLPA told players not to report to training camp without a new CBA. Next week they hold a strike vote.
https://3downnation.com/2019/04/19/cfl-players-to-hold-strike-vote-on-wednesday/

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
The Replacements, but in Canada

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Les Remplaçants

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
AAF becomes the CAF, get in. Free health care solves the lol you are injured and we ain't paying thing.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Elephanthead posted:

AAF becomes the CAF, get in. Free health care solves the lol you are injured and we ain't paying thing.

Confederation of American Football?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

CFL players voted 97% in support of strike action

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
:rip:

https://twitter.com/CFL/status/1126171359200120834?s=19

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude
He's no Steven Jyles though.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/CFLonTSN/status/1128711515392086017?s=19

a sports league, signing a new cba with its player union without locking them out first?? :eyepop:

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

It was beneficial for everyone to hammer out the deal before a strike happened. No way CFL teams are sitting on enough cash to survive long-term without the league operating and I'm sure the players feel the same.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Uh

https://twitter.com/danralphcp/status/1134584840068747265

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

And they fired Mike Sherman less than a week before the season begins....

Yeah it's not looking good for this trashfire of a franchise

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME APOLOGIST HAS LOGGED ON
Where da fuq is our GDTs