Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
CHopping Mall rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

im depressed lol posted:

how is this stupid thing not covered in scuff marks from being kicked over 20,000 times?

they do, ive seen ones graffitied and scratched

but they're actually pretty loving heavy and not easy to knock over (because everyone will do it lol)

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
also welcome OP, oakland owns.

tho white pudgy midwestern tech transplants are kinda making GBS threads it up the last 3 years.

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
is there any decent info on how this robot does... anything? and like how well it has performed in the past 5 years regarding... anything?

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...security-guard/

quote:

“The first thing that’s going to happen is the burglar is going to spot the robot. And unfortunately, criminals are inherently lazy. They’re not looking for something that’s going to be confrontational, they’re looking for something that’s going to be an easy target,” said Stacy Stephens, co-founder of Knightscope. “They see the robot and maybe they move down to the next place down the street.”

im depressed lol
Mar 12, 2013

cunts are still running the show.
co-founder of KNIGHTSCOPE

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

im depressed lol posted:

is there any decent info on how this robot does... anything? and like how well it has performed in the past 5 years regarding... anything?

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2...security-guard/

The BBQ-sauced knightscope apparently was actually pretty effective at making the hobos go elsewhere. Apparently the business using it was getting constant death/bombing threats for "harassing the homeless" so they got rid of it.

Shamino fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Feb 20, 2019

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Hahaha San Francisco is a loving hellhole and deserves itself

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Shamino posted:

The BBQ-sauced knightscope apparently was actually pretty effective and making the hobos go elsewhere. Apparently the business using it was getting constant death/bombing threats for "harassing the homeless" so they got rid of it.

Should have just started livestreaming instead imo, occupy the niche between battlebots and bumfights

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
lol at that loving homeless wrecking roomba

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
spraypaint the cameras on the robot and then wedge a 2x4 under it and flip that sucker over

naem
May 29, 2011

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
I like all the people in that last one touching the dead robot's face as they pull its body from the water. They must have really loved it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

And as Robocop25S7J sank beneath the water, with its curcuts shorting, it finally understood what it means to be human.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

The Oakland Best Buy has the scariest tent city I’ve ever seen near it you should go live there OP.

jeffery
Jan 1, 2013

quote:

Outrail posted:

And as Robocop25S7J sank beneath the water, with its curcuts shorting, it finally understood what it means to be human.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

I like all the people in that last one touching the dead robot's face as they pull its body from the water. They must have really loved it

I imagine it’s like the final scene of gladiator.
“Who will help me carry him??”
*Enya starts playing*

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
you guys laugh but thats the robot version of the dude in tunisia that barbequed himself

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

god i wish that were me

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Couple bags of rice and a large microwave

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

I am weary of loitering about Britain. There is much we could be accomplishing! Where hast thou been, anyway?

bird with big dick posted:

The Oakland Best Buy has the scariest tent city I’ve ever seen near it you should go live there OP.

That's quite the collection. Skid-row and Houston's Wheeler St Station tent cities are arguably worse tho.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Holy poo poo discount bikes

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Yup that’s the one. I feel like the last time I drove by there there was way more trash though. Like half the asphalt was covered in trash. There was also someone pushing someone in an office chair down the middle of the street. I like how you can tell it’s by a Home Depot due to the half dozen orange lumber cart things.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Accidentally drove through Skid Row in LA one evening.
Cannot recommend.

Wonder if San Francisco's third world district is worse than LA's.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I lolled at this lady(?)

naem
May 29, 2011

looks like the alley behind the brand new 10 floor glass walled building I worked at in sf

employees on the ground floor were feet from people living like that who would just poop against the glass, they had a crew of guys who’d go hose down the sidewalk with like, hand sanitizer solution from a pressure washer

one day a shopping cart full of garbage on fire rolled down the alley like a homeless viking burial

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

naem posted:

one day a shopping cart full of garbage on fire rolled down the alley like a homeless viking burial

lol that owns

naem
May 29, 2011

all it needed was a guy playing a sad mournful jazz trumpet to be a pretty good art installation

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

OP, you stood on the street for 15 minutes and didn't get mugged, so your neighborhood isn't very rough.

Also, I hope someone pushes that homeless-person-harassing shover robot down some stairs.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

Accidentally drove through Skid Row in LA one evening.
Cannot recommend.

Wonder if San Francisco's third world district is worse than LA's.

oh absolutely. it's never been great but it's gotten especially bad just the last 3 years--this being worse than it's ever been. there are offramps and areas along the eastshore freeway like berkeley/gilman just lined 10 ft high with trash and poo poo, like that picture near the emeryville shopping but much greater extent and just blanketing entire streets and fields with tents and garbage back to back.

some places in tenderloin or mission/soma district or oakland make skidrow look like disneyland, and honestly skidrow is not that bad, a lot of just really poor working class peeps trying to get by in a lovely world.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:29 on Feb 21, 2019

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
I remember watching that one dude's Tenderloin Cam set up in his apartment, just pointed out his window all day. It caught so many interesting Tenderloin experiences but my favorite was some dude just attacking and punching the poo poo out of the side of a random bus until it drove off and he wandered away.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

BigBadSteve posted:

OP, you stood on the street for 15 minutes and didn't get mugged, so your neighborhood isn't very rough.

Also, I hope someone pushes that homeless-person-harassing shover robot down some stairs.

That neighborhood was fairly rough 20 years ago. It's gentrifying very rapidly now.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

naem posted:

Wholesome content imo

Shamino
Mar 14, 2008

The robot has been blessed by his holiness St. Segway the mall cop and is now cleaned of all original sin.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

VikingSkull posted:

you guys laugh but thats the robot version of the dude in tunisia that barbequed himself

Lost it at this and I'm not sure why.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Nooner posted:

The robocops are cool and good the filthy poors dont deserve to live in the cities any more.

This post brought to you by 3O

RoboCop is a cyborg, these things would be ED-209.

Snitches get stitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

CPL593H posted:

RoboCop is a cyborg, these things would be ED-209.

Snitches get stitches.

Poor ED-209, thought of puddles and died