Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

The Kawasaki z900 you rode in this video includes a favourite weight saving trick of Kawasaki: The front suspension is split, one fork leg containing the spring and the other leg containing the damping element.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

That film sounds even more bizarre than you describe.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

That film sounds even more bizarre than you describe.

It's not exactly bizarre so much as it has a very childlike sensibility.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Moment of silence for Burt Reynolds, the Bandit, who passed away not too long ago.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh hey, you mentioned Dayton Bobbin. I assume you're talking about the Wright Patt Air Force Base? *googles* or not there, but close by.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Sorry about going dark again. It's been a week.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Didn't notice this had updated!

It might just be the races you've chosen to show before now but those races seemed at least a bit more interesting than normal. Snow not so much new but canyons, stormy weather, and that escape game had at least something neat going on.

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Kibayasu posted:

Didn't notice this had updated!

It might just be the races you've chosen to show before now but those races seemed at least a bit more interesting than normal. Snow not so much new but canyons, stormy weather, and that escape game had at least something neat going on.

I wonder if there's any races that start to combine all that stuff, along with some of the more outlandish things like the section with points on rings/balls/whatevers that was basically a skating minigame, other, competing cars, and nasty crushers... Probably not, but hey, the game's already shown a pretty wild variety of different game modes.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Back in the saddle again.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Turns out there is a game out based on Bud Spencer & Terence Hill:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdAj3DQAUYM

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational
Glad to see a new video bobbin! This game has been fun to watch and the videos on car mechanics are really interesting. How much of this game's content are you planning to go through? It seems like there's a ton of races you can do.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

For a game with no real car destruction to speak of that was a pretty good take on destruction derbies. I wonder if they made any attempt to try and create it for planes and boats too, though given the plane physics in your newest episode it wouldn't wouldn't have same impact as cars.

Occultatio
Aug 4, 2005

a massive toolclown who cannot stop causing problems
I originally clicked on this thread cause it's a Bobbin Threadbare LP, and was kind of shocked when the Portfoliage race actually sold me on the game itself. I'm a little embarrassed at how much fun I'm having with it, even if I REALLY SUCK at taking corners on city streets.

Question, though: how do you get the custom radio? Are you just editing all that audio in post?

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

mmj posted:

Glad to see a new video bobbin! This game has been fun to watch and the videos on car mechanics are really interesting. How much of this game's content are you planning to go through? It seems like there's a ton of races you can do.

I'm spotlighting each race type in its own video, and after that I'm covering all of the special ace duels, the Live events, and some multiplayer stuff. I won't show every single race in the game since that gets repetitive for viewers, so after that I'm ending everything with the Cannonball Run.

Occultatio posted:

Question, though: how do you get the custom radio? Are you just editing all that audio in post?

It's all audio editing, yes.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
Airboats. I rode in them as a kid, but never raced them. Now part of me feels I must someday. :)

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

The Koenigsegg Regera does not have a CVT. It has a giant torque converter that couples to become direct drive. So it's a little more like a traditional automatic transmission, just with only one gear.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Speaking of trips watching Easy Rider for the first time having only ever heard of it as "That motorcycle movie with the soundtrack" is certainly a trip.

A shame plane races aren't a thing but thinking about it I guess you'd have to be a lot more sim than The Crew 2 is for anything to matter beyond top speed.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I appreciate your Pride boat, Bobbin. :3:

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Chronische
Aug 7, 2012

Racing on the Hoover Dam just seems like a bad idea, with that last jump being pretty much the reason why.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Being honest, as cool as the world twisting effect looks it doesn't really seem to... do much. You get near it, a loading screen happens, and it goes back to normal.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

It would look significantly more impressive without the loading screen, imo.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

And so it ends.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

I was hoping you'd LP RDR2 or something else with a cowboy theme next, as I had some movie reviews in mind.

Oh well, Prey (2017) will also be pretty interesting

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I would love to see a cowboy theme LP from you as well. Never played Prey.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
I watched the first few episodes of this LP - partially because you always do a great job on these LPs, and partially because the concept of an open-world racing game made me think of Test Drive 3, which I played when I was very young.

There was probably racing in that game somewhere, but I couldn't tell you for sure because all I would do is instantly go off-road and start exploring the open-world. Farms, lakes, hills - all in flat-shaded 3D; possibly the first actual 3D game I ever played. (I mean it was the very early nineties.) It blew my mind at the time; just being able to wander around and explore a 3D virtual world. That you were in a car was incidental.

That's the thing, really; I tried watching the LP, but I just don't care about cars, and I care even less about racing.

Prey though, now we're talking. :getin: It's one of my favourite games of the past few years - and System Shock 2 is one of my favourite games of all time - so I'm looking forward to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

With a cross-country race I wonder how many opportunities there are to shortcut that weren't blocked off by guardrails, mountains, and lakes. That could be where the 24 minutes came from.

It's rare I'll play a racing game without a gimmick attached and I suppose its also rare that I'll watch a racing LP without one so I really did enjoy the movies and overview of car stuff. Also as an electric-car-haver, though one without all the fancy assist-widgets, I do have to attest to the surprising amount of power you can get from them.