Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Also if being a spooky ghost does remove any armor benefit I think it’s fair to say that dying also removes any armor benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
On the other hand, now that you bought that relic your teammate can equip it and survive a fatal blow once, though I don't know what relic they will wear at any time.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Oh, joys arise
The sun has come again to hold you
Sailing out the doldrums of the week
The polyphonic prayer is here, it's all around you
It's all around you, out here

And if the whole world is crashing down
Fall through space out of mind with me
Where the emptiness we leave behind on warm air rising
Blows all the shadows far away

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
That bossfight has some beautifully subdued music in the first stage, that's for sure. And the 'spotlight' is a nice touch as you are literally fighting in the light.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sure hope we don't need that body any more. I guess the Ashen can be a bit clumsy in the morning.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The Ashen will forever remember the first words uttered by its new savior and guardian: "OW MY BACK"

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Was that Bataran's original body or did he become a tall boy when he became a guardian. These are the big questions that Ashen leaves us with.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Okay I didn't see that twist coming :stare:

But as you mentioned, it makes sense in retrospect, which is nice.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
drat, that's a really cool boss design, and some nice animation too.

Akumu
Apr 24, 2003

Kibayasu posted:

Was that Bataran's original body or did he become a tall boy when he became a guardian. These are the big questions that Ashen leaves us with.

Pretty sure Bataran was just normal height for a Listener, who all seem to be 8 to 9 feet tall.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
For the record, I plan on doing more Ashen videos. The LP as it is now can be considered over, but when the DLC comes out I'll pick it back up. In the interim I have a few videos planned: One to sum up my experience with the game and why I feel it's so special and unique, one to talk about the story and world and why I really enjoy its take on the classic light vs dark stock story, and one more detailing why I think games like Ashen should be held high among their peers. I will also do a stream of Children of Sissna mode at some point just to show it off because it's really brutal and one small change makes for a super different way to experience the game (your health/stamina and all rewards that improve it are HALVED, but nothing else changes).

When can you expect these? I'm not sure, I'll have to record more footage to pair with them! But know that I really, really enjoyed Ashen and it has earned a special place in my heart both in games I've played in recent years and my let's play memory. It's not my most popular series ever, but it's special to me because it's my first truly blind let's play and I think it went well and was insightful. Even RE4 was only MOSTLY blind, as I found out partway through. I thank you very much for joining me for it. As always, you are all my own beacon of light, and forever my Jokell.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Sep 4, 2019

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Great job with the LP, CJacobs! The ending was definitely more optimistic than linking the First Flame was, and it's a good tone for a Soulslike to take, I agree.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Thanks for showing off this pretty game!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
drat!! The expansion comes out in like two days!! That's so much sooner than I expected!! Piss!!

https://twitter.com/A44games/status/1169282751675211776?s=20

Looks like our journey isn't quite over yet. In a few weeks' time, Ashen will return. Till then, thanks for watching!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Sep 4, 2019

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
Sweet!

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

You seem to have a knack for doing LPs of games right when DLC is coming out, huh?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
BOY I SURE DO

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The Evil Within 2 is waiting for CJacobs to finish his LP before revealing the DLC.

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Mraagvpeine posted:

The Evil Within 2 is waiting for CJacobs to finish his LP before revealing the DLC.
I'm still waiting to holler about how Mobius wasn't just being Resident Evil comedically villainous because TEW2 sorta did a subtle Holy Mountain and hellworld is real.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
I gotta say, "cyclopean burning eye" is not the most reassuring divine presence.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Bataran: The Ashen has chosen you as its new guardian! Step into the light and feel its comforting warmth!

The Ashen:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I did like how the Ashen('s eye) reacts when Bataran gets a hammer swing to the back of the head though. It was a good way for the animators to pantomime it being like OH NO MY OLD GUARDIAN NOOoooo :(