Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Part 20 - Kazuma Kiryu vs. Akira Nishikiyama

Finally here, finale time. Funny, Jingu and his henchmen were so much harder to deal with than Nishi himself. Though I'm guessing that's the point, with Kiryu and Nishi's battle being more about the story and emotions behind the situation than presenting a super hard fight. Like Nishi's biggest moves barely put a scratch on me, even with me playing on normal. But let's see, there was a lot more gunplay than I expected there to be, it seemed almost necessary for me to constantly pick up guns and mow people down, which is unusual to see in Yakuza. At least from the two games of it I've played. I actually tried, but I just couldn't get behind Jingu as a villain. Maybe because he really had no major screentime until the last few bits of the game, but I just gave zero shits about him. As he was rambling on, all I could think about was how I wanted to get to Nishi and his part of the finale. Even actually fighting Jingu wasn't that great, since the two mooks he had with him presented more of a challenge than he himself did. The Nishi part was of course the highlight. From the pre-fight conversation, to the emotionally driven fight itself, to Nishi's sacrifice. It was all just pure gold. It's just a shame that Nishi died, though, especially since it was a pretty avoidable death. Like one gunshot wound would be nothing to someone like him. And then it was pretty silly that the massive explosion that destroyed the entire bar somehow didn't so much as singe a single hair on Kiryu, Yumi, or Haruka's heads. Haruka herself felt kind of...unimportant to the finale. Like her reunion with Yumi was sweet, but aside from that she almost seemed like a background prop that could've vanished and I might not have even noticed at first. Even as Yumi lied there dying, she poured her heart out to Kiryu before even glancing at her daughter. Hopefully she'll be more front and center in the next game, being Kiryu's adopted daughter and all.

And boy, it sure was fitting that I got to have one last fight with Majima when all was said and done. Pure poetry.

Aside from that, I felt I said everything else I really needed to as the credits rolled about my overall thoughts on the game. Really looking forward to seeing what Kiwami 2 has to offer. It's gonna be weird to have a whole new cast of people be introduced to me again since so many characters in this game I first saw in Yakuza 0. Even with the inclusion of the likes of Date, Yumi, Jingu, and I guess even The Florist, it still felt like I was catching up on the Yakuza 0 group. Which of course isn't a bad thing for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU