Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It's a cat chariot that moonlights as an autonomous vacuum cleaner. also threaten all of them. they will be all bound together into some hosed up thing because MOM deserves revenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Blasphemaster posted:

It's a cat chariot that moonlights as an autonomous vacuum cleaner. also threaten all of them. they will be all bound together into some hosed up thing because MOM deserves revenge.

We really should have gone space cat. We'd have a sweet ride.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGI8Od22WM4

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
“I swear to god, if one of you assholes doesn’t make sense, you’re both going into an organic VacBot to clean up coital detritus for the rest of your goddamn days.” Sietapsis roared, “An I can’t guarantee you won’t have taste buds.”

The Intru spirit looked shock, and the voice in your head fell silent.

“I don’t kn-” Sietapsis throws salt on the intru, and it’s spirit form starts to fade sizzling wisps of smoke appearing where the salt grains hit him. He let out an evil hiss, and retreated back towards the cage.

“Who are you?” Sietapsis says waving mom’s wand at him. “Why did you kill my mom.”

“Your Mother is a war criminal, a traitor to her kind, She dabbled in magics and sciences she never truly understood, and the things she created were monsterous.” He points at the octomire, her pale flesh pallid in the dim lighting of the lab. An open angry gash rests on her neck, gently leaking. “I don’t ask questions about who I kill. A shadow client gave me the orders, I and my team followed it out.”

“Well, that’s very unfortunate.” Sietapsis claps two of her tentacles together, “Get me my mom’s cloning kit, and a vacuum cleaner please.”

“He’s lying…” The voice whispers, “or at least he’s not telling the whole truth. “

“Right, make that two vaccuum, cleaners.”

Mom’s Body nodded and left the room.

“Child, your fight is not with me I’m trying to guide you into greatness!”

“You’re driving me to clean floors if you do not tell me who you ARE GODDAMMIT.”

“I’m the shadow intru Felix Pallidmire, I was born 18 cycles ago! I am talented with knives and shadow magic, I am also dead.” The Intru says quickly, “I can’t even feel the mother network. I’m disconnected and alone.” He says, “Look if you want to know who wanted your mom dead, you’d need to find my handler. He’s not even on this Ark. There’s a small spy satellite that’s been tailing this ship for at least 30 rotations. He’s gonna shoot you down the minute you get close to him though.”

Simultaneously, the voice started to speak as well.

“Do NOT threaten me child. It will be all that much harder when you finally ask me for assistance. You may feel powerful with this confluence of magic around you, but it is by MY will, and MY WILL ALONE, that allows you to be a mage. You need proper training by academics, people who have been doing these sorts of jobs and spells for years. If you wish to talk face-to-face about better training, you can find me in the Mages College.”

“Intru, how did you get aboard the ship.” Sietapsis said, “and pass our security.”

“I won’t say.”

You can make him say. Use these words, ‘Run Honesty.py on Intru_ShadowAssassin.sprt’ Than he will be unable to lie.

“Run Honesty.py on Intru_ShadowAssassin.sprt”

“Intru, how did you get aboard the ship.”

“Someone helped us.”

“Someone who?!”

“Someone on the ship.”

“What’s their name, which ship.”

“Pestrovy Viannavic, The Octomire Ark.”

“How did he help you?”

“He let us in.”

“Where and how.”

“The… The…” The intru leaped forward and starts to jam piles of salt into it’s mouth and laughing. You can’t make out any words as his jaw starts to slough off of his face.

That took an impressive amount of will, power, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a spirit banish itself to avoid a question before.”

“Can I pull him back?!” Sietapsis said, starting at the ectoplasm the creature had dissolved into.

No salt does permanent damage to the spirit. He is just a slime now. I guess he didn’t want to be a Vacuum Cleaner. In fact I’m rather impressed you got this far, next time leave the salt pile OUTSIDE of the circle. They always just kill themselves in it eventually.”

“That’s… horrifying. Oh god, I killed a man, and did unlicensed necromancy. I’m so screwed.” Shock starts to settle in and Sietapsis visibly started to deflate. “Where do I even go?”

Do I bring mom with me?
1 Yes
2 Banish Her
3 No hide her
4 Write in

There’s a few places I could go to start chasing down leads.

A Ask in the outer deck slums if anyone knows Pestrovy Viannavic.
B Go to the shipyard to try and find a ship captain.
C Where’s Dad?
D We should go find security.
E Write-In

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 21, 2019

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

C

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

3C

Also curl up into a ball and cry a bit.

That image of us casting the spell is awesome btw. It's also great that out spells are essentially magical coding commands.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
1B

Crying for wimps. We're a necrocriminal now, time to act like it and bust outta this popsicle stand before someone kills us. Like they killed mom. At least she's better now.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

:v:Hey Mom can I have Ice Cream for dinner?

:cthulhu: Yarrrrergh!

:v: I heard a 'y' sound, that's a yes!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Why can't dad be more like mom?

:unsmigghh:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
5 posts: 1d5 3

Outrail posted:

1B

Crying for wimps. We're a necrocriminal now, time to act like it and bust outta this popsicle stand before someone kills us. Like they killed mom. At least she's better now.

Outrail posted:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

1B

“Breaking strong emotional bonds is one of the key ways to improve, you should not squander this opportunity, my pupil”

“I am not your pupil, if anything, we are equals, or I am your superior, because you can not control the world around me. Never forget your advisory position.” Sietapsis said aloud. Not-Mom groaned… Approvingly? That’s sweet. “Thanks Not-Mom. Let’s go find Dad.” He was most likely in the habitation ward where your home used to be. The habitation ward’s lighting had been dimmed for sleep, but there was still barely enough to navigate. Sietapsis followed the yellow line, the one she always followed when returning home.

Each step is a little draining, as the mind dwells on what she should do. “Do I have Not-Mom do it? Do I…. Should I do it myself?”

The smell of bitter pennies stops all thoughts, the stench has permeated the halls of your corridors. You key in the code, and gasp. Your father had been eigthed, He was nothing but a skull, his body parts hanging like macabre decorations from pullies attached to the ceiling. You reach down and pick up your father’s head. “I guess Not-Dad is like Not-Mom…”

“A shame, this could have been very powerful moment for you… Don’t worry, you can still become a great caster without shortcuts like this.” It was clear the voice thought this reassuring. “You have his skull, you should”

Outrail posted:

“Yes, basically.”

“Fine, but I want to do it right this time, not like Not-Mom.”

“It will be much harder, he was killed in a way to specifically meant to not bring him back as a zombie. It looks like the intru learned from your encounter. I could help you with that. First, remove his beak.” As the voice drone’d on, you followed the directions exactly. The flesh was surprisingly easy to cut, your mom’s plasma welder carving burned gouges into his skin.

“Then, take his blood and try to collect as much as you can.” You run from the main foyer where your dad was, to the servant’s kitchen, and quarters. You try to shield your mind from all the death and destruction around. That’s not a person pinned to the wall with a sword. Just a painting. Your mom liked the weirdest art, look at all these weird sculptures of dead people just lying around. Silly Mom. You find the pail, and run back to the foyer and start to squeeze liquid out of the appendages. You’re dismayed, as you get less than a gallon of blood.

“Don’t worry, that’s enough, now prick your tentacle, and mix your blood with his.” You look around for an easy way to do it, you could run back to the kitchen or… Then you remember, mom’s wand. You squeeze the wand tightly, jutting the thorns into your tentacles, then you release, allowing your blood to flow freely into the pail.

“What is this spell for, why is it so much harder than the other ones. Is he going to be like Not-Mom? I don’t want another zombie.”

“If you want to do magic on a large scale, you’re going to need a familiar. The stronger your emotional bond with this thing is, the better your magic will be.”

“ThE BeTtEr YoUr mAgIc WiLl bE.”

“ Childish one, Imagine yourself on a scale of 1 - 10. All magic users start at level 0. They know of magic, they can detect magic and emotions, but they can’t control it. At level 1, they can cast simple spells, but they are closed off, they can not let the magic flow through them. By experiencing emotional pain and loss, they can create new strong connections with the magic world. Magic both dark and light, stems from emotions. Magic is flowing everywhere around you, like a big raging river that you’re afloat in. At level 1, you are trying to fill your bucket with a teaspoon. Right now, we’re getting you a familiar so that you can start pulling from the river with something better. Does that make sense?”

“Now, drink the blood, and when the skull forms around the beak, speak to it a deep and personal truth. One that relates to the being your binding, it will be how we pull him from the spirit realm.”

“Dad... “ Sietapsis gulped, “Dad… I can’t imagine being alone. I can’t imagine you not being there for me. I can’t even begin to fathom how deeply I loved you, and now you’re gone. I don’t want you to be gone, I need someone, anyone here. The voices are getting more violent, I’ve had to kill. There’s blood on my tentacles that feels like the stickiness will never come off. I need someone, anyone.”

“That’s not good enough. You have to be emotionally manipulative You have to say things you know will get him to come back.”

“I blame you and mom for not being strong enough to protect me, Maybe if you weren’t seperated all the time, you would have been able to work together to stop this. Maybe if you weren’t so stubborn about your science, the Intru wouldn’t have had to come here. Maybe if you had cared about anyone but your loving self, you’d... You taught me nothing, I had to learn how to read from the servants, and I vow I will never be so weak that I can’t defend my future children from a couple of bugs, you cowardly piece of poo poo.”

The beak started to float in the air, and energy was sucked into, soon there was a skull with a beak, and it glowed with blue fire as it started to berate you.

“You are going to be an excellent Hex Master,” Sietapsis feels a tiny pinprick of pride through all of this malaise.

“I’ll have you know we were together, and your Mother was the one to run off to the lab, taking 12 of these little creatures with her. We were fighting together to protect you, rear end in a top hat.” Yep, that’s Dad.

“No, it’s a demon possessing the last remains of your Father. It’ll act like him, talk like him, but have none of his older memories. Just the ones still floating around after he died.”

“And he’ll let me do magic?”

“He will absorb any extra energy your spells may produce. If a spell ever backfires, it’ll hit him first, and familiar can absorb a lot of corrupted magic. He will also provide help if you can’t muster up the energy to feel bad about something.”

“Not-Mom, pick up Not-Dad.”

“What have you done to your mother,” the skull cackled, the Zombie groans, “No no, you look fine dear.” The zombie Groans approvingly. It’s going to be a long walk to the Shipyard you realize, as you close the door behind you.

Outrail posted:

1B

“Hrrrrrrrng”
“Oh, you like the new look?”
“Huuuuuhhrggggggggggg”
“Yes, I always thought ivory was my favorite color.”
“Hssssssssssss”
“Yes, I know, but the Elephants went extinct years ago anyways.”
“Hnnnnng”
“I just like to dress up.”

The skull rambled on like this for what seemed to be an eternity. Sietapsis had started to rub her temples when they were droning on about the different colors of paint that would be best for a coffin. And had nearly said something when the skull prattled on about what a huge disappointment Octomires who couldn’t defend themselves were, all while Not-Dad assured her that she wasn’t like that at all, but her dad DID like to dress up, and her Dad DID love Ivory. That was the bridge that was too far.

She whipped around and grabbed the burning skull, smashing it into the bulkhead making large earth shattering thunks clangs, and bangs, echoed throughout the empty maintenance path they took. Though none of the noises were as unsettling as Not-Dad’s manic laughter.

“STOP” BAng
“LAUGHING” BANG THUD
“THIS” BANG
“MINUTE!” Bang Thud

“What is so funny,” Sietapsis asked, huffing and wheezing from her assault on the skull.

“You just banged your Dad.”

“You are not my Dad.” Sietapsis barked.

“Besides, look we’re here!”

As all three climbed out of the maintenance Shaft, into the Shipyard, and Sietapsis needed to take a moment to adjust herself. She had never been to the shipyard before, she was always cloistered away in her huge home. Though, no room at home had such high ceilings, or as magnificent a view of space. She was stunned by the vastness of it all. The absolute love and cooperation necessary to create something so massively important.

The Aircraft hanger was so large, you could look straight up and not see the ceiling. On the walls hang ships seemingly hung by invisible brackets. Some of the ships were so small it was a wonder it could fit anyone at all, while other ships were massive carriers, large enough to hold multiple ships in it’s own cargo bay like high tech Matryoshka. Purple walkways stairways and elevators made the entire area to look like an upturned chess board. With powerful grids and pieces floating in space.

A row of booths adorn the bottom floor, each placed about 20 feet from each other. Inside was a terminal listing the Captain’s for hire. Some offer passage for cargo, while other’s need crew to finish their trip. Sietapsis cursed under her breath. Why hadn’t her parents given her an allowance, like everyone else on the station.

She looked at the blinking search box of the first question, Where would you like to go? It was all she could pay attention too.

Dad was the first to speak, “If you wanna get revenge on the Intru, you’re going to have to go there and get it.”

“No child, come to me, in the Mages College we can hone your powers”

Mom groaned and… seemed to be pointing at the gnoll’s ship? Maybe? She is just staring and stroking the map over and over. “HRNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGG…”

“You need to learn how to control these things!”

Where would you like to go?

A.) Mages College
B.) Gnoll_Ark
C.) Intru_Ark
D.) Write-In

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Oh man, I forgot how voting worked in this one. Sorry guys!

B, the gnolls like killing poo poo right? A steady supply of corpses is a good resource for a budding young necropus

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Outrail posted:

B, the gnolls like killing poo poo right? A steady supply of corpses is a good resource for a budding young necropus

Solid logic.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Outrail posted:

The thought flashed into her mind, and the fact that the Gnolls were rivals were the intru, meant that she would have plenty of souls to speak too, and anyone one of them could have info on who sent these Shadow Intru. As the nav beacon lit up she scrolled through it. There were always Gnoll Vanguards on the lookout for new recruits. Gnolls would take anyone who can fight.

She grumbled as she scrolled past all the professional pilots, with gleaming gold smiles and sharply cropped photographs all willing to take you where ever you wanna go.

If you had the cash for it.

Her heart sank as she scrawled further and further down. Almost no-one was willing to do Work for Travel jobs towards the gnoll ark. Simply put, those who went to the gnoll ark, went to profit off of there wars, almost no-one was willing to do the ride for free, as they traveled through very dangerous sectors of space. Especially with Gnoll Raiders patrolling space looking for anyone they can shake down. She didn’t find a suitable captain until she reached the end of the list.

“No Questions Cruise, we’ll get you there.” It seemed a little too good to be true, but Sietapsis hadn’t time to be picky. The Captain Philip Barzini, looked like the grim sort.

Sietapsis met with Phillip on the bow of his ship, he groaned loudly as Not Mom and Not-Dad helped you onto the ship. “No.” Before you can even set foot on the ship, “No, I will not take children and I will not take unlicensed necromancers.”

Sietapsis bristled, “I’m 21 thank you very much, I’m old enough to drink, vote, and fight. I’m here to work for travel. Now we can sit out here with the undead on the bow of your ship baking in the simulated starlight. Or you can get us on to the gnoll ark.”

Childish, you are a fool to be picking a fight with your only lifeline. Apologize.

“I will not apologize” Sietapsis bursted out pointing towards the ceiling. “You can’t tell me what to do.”

“Oh and she’s crazy,”

I WILL NOT STOP SCREAMING IN YOUR HEAD UNTIL YOU APOLOGIZE, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

A large grey parrot flies down, and alights on Sietapsis head as she doubles over in pain. It starts repeating “Breathe hraaaaaawk Breathe hraaaaaaawk.” Sietapsis tried to suck in huge lungfuls of air through the pain, but the birds words pierced through, and the screaming was silenced.

“Good ones, Take” The parrot said as it flies back to the captain. “She’s an unlicensed necromancer.”

“Good ones, take.”

“She’s loonier than a doorbell!”

“Good ones, take.”

“Her only friends are dead!”

“Brrrrawwwwwwwk” The Grey starts to nip at the captain's ear, a gentle warning for bad behavior soon to come.

“Ugggggh, get inside.” He grumbled, opening the warehouse to the ship’s dock.Sietapsis and company were quickly ushered in.

“Now before we do anything, you have to sign an NDA. It’s a legally binding contract, magically enforced mind you, so unless you want to a fight a demon from the 7 hells, you’ll do well to remember this one rule, you are not to talk about anything, you see or do on this cruise.

“Now the contracts different for each job, so I also gotta know what you’re good at. I can see you’ve got a bit of magic behind you, so what whooptee doo. Can they work? If so, maybe you do a little heavy lifting in the cargo bay.”

“If you can’t handle that job, than if one of you can cook I’ll have you in the galley. Careful though, we butcher animals live on site, and that job will be up to you.”

“Finally, since your magic and what not, My final position would be perfect for you. We gotta scope that can only be used by mages, if you have control of your magic, you could use the scope to eye out for salvageable remains.”

1. I have mastery over my minions, I’ll help move cargo
  2. I can slay all who oppose me, I’ll butcher the meat
  3. My magic is overwhelming, I’ll use the scope.
  4. I’ll do More NecroCrims until I can afford a better ride
  5. Write-In

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

It's a tempting vote but we hardly know how to do anything with magic.

1. Mom muscles + floating skull motivator?