Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress you tim
iphone
iphone 3g
iphone 3gs
iphone4
iphone 4s
iPhone 5
iPhone 5C
iphone 5s
iPhone 6 (poo poo)
iphone 6 PLUS
iphone 6S
iPhone 6s +
iPhone SE (best)
iPhone 7
iPhone 7+
iphone 8
iphone 8plus
iPhone X
iPhone XR
iPhone XS
iphone XS MAXIMUM
microsoft KIN
gently caress off moo cow
View Results

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
still rocking a 6s. wish it didn’t have such a poo poo battery

also I seriously can’t believe phones and tablets sold in 2019 still use the loving lightning connector at usb 2.0 speeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

hoping they go full usb c so i can throw my dozen cheap lightning cables away and fully commit to my dozen cheap usb c cables

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
iPhone 7 is completely needs suiting and was also the last one made in rose gold

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc

Silver Alicorn posted:

iPhone 7 is completely needs suiting and was also the last one made in rose gold

XS???

ass
Sep 22, 2011
Young Orc
I had a 6 that died to a lightning strike. Replaced the power IC which fixed it, then I bought a refurbished SE when my 6 was dead, which I still use my other SIM card on, alongside my current XS. I'm confident my arsenal of iPhones will last me many years to come.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i thought the xs was just gold now

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i specifically considered it because nobody buys it in that color and literally all my iphones have been black

but then i realized that a murdered out iphone was the only way to go

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

rip my iphone 6 in that goofy space grey and by rip i mean my dad is using it and its needs suiting for him

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i always got black because they always made the front white on other colors which i don't like. now they make the front black on them all so it doesn't matter.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
the boot screen on black iphones is solid white that is bright like the sun which is always a nice surprise when it resets in the middle of the night for an os update

yes this is a weird peeve gently caress you

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i got a xr recently cause my 6s finally bit the dirt. it's blue plastic. it looks and feels like a toy. not at all the sleek communications device steve envisioned so long ago.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Roosevelt posted:

i got a xr recently cause my 6s finally bit the dirt. it's blue plastic. it looks and feels like a toy. not at all the sleek communications device steve envisioned so long ago.

i think you may have mistakenly gotten a 5c, since the xr is made of aluminum and glass

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
the XR is good. my dad who is the Ur-Old got used to the lack of a home button almost immediately and enjoys the bigger screen (because he's old)

i wish phones stopped being so loving expensive.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

that’s coral pink

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

the boot screen on black iphones is solid white that is bright like the sun which is always a nice surprise when it resets in the middle of the night for an os update

yes this is a weird peeve gently caress you

i've never seen this

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

yeah black iphones get the dark bootscreen, light ones get the bright white bootscreen

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
yeah i got them mixed up my b

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

spent good hard earned money on it too.

to be fair, I don’t want any phone. phones piss me off. the decision to put an operating system into a phone was poo poo.

The only two phones I actually tolerated was my mint green one touch and the 3210.

nice ham radio, bitch

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

iPhone se is still the only phone one should bless their hands with, given the choice

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

still rocking a 6s. wish it didn’t have such a poo poo battery

also I seriously can’t believe phones and tablets sold in 2019 still use the loving lightning connector at usb 2.0 speeds

who the gently caress uses a lightning connector for anything other than charging these days?

use AirDrop ffs

still rocking a 6 as my main phone, needs suiting to the max

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
4 had no RAM and was absolutely unserviceable
5 had crap anno that flaked easy and the battery on every goddamn one failed
6S+ didn't have enough RAM for the screen res and crashed out to the apple logo if you opened too many tabs for like a year until they fixed it with the next OS

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Jimmy Carter posted:

5 had crap anno that flaked easy

but it looks so good

every time I see some old dude with a 5 I feel a pang

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer

You Am I posted:

who the gently caress uses a lightning connector for anything other than charging these days?

use AirDrop ffs

still rocking a 6 as my main phone, needs suiting to the max

I occasionally handle phone transfers for other people and backing up to itunes + restoring is the cleanest way to handle that but also loving sloooow

Also I want usb-c so I can just carry one charger + cable now that I have a usb-c laptop

~~~~~~problems~~~~~~

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

You Am I posted:

carplay

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

this is my only real use case for me but the usb 2 limitation isnt much of an issue, the real issue is that now we have a mixed android/ios setup between our phones and it doubles all the cables

i have some lightning to usb c adapters but i question there quality in regards to leaving them in a hot car and the likely cheap adhesive that holds them together not melting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Jonny 290 posted:

nice ham radio, bitch

in the capital letters of the one touch easy: gently caress YOOOOOOOOOOOU