Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Every generation the blood moon rises, and the castle exalts a villain with its dark gifts. They shall command its legions, use its powers to twist reality, and seek the godlike power of the unholy grail.

You’re here to stop them. Your bloodlines have fought the castle since its first emergence, and that legacy has granted you endless tenacity, strange powers, or unbreakable faith. Together, you will root out the wards of the castle where they have infested the mundane world, slay the acolytes of the castle’s regent, steal their dark power for your own and banish the regent and the castle with them.

But the castle is immortal, and the blood moon will rise again. As generations rise and fall, what tales of heroic action and gothic bloodshed will you tell?

Players: 2-4
Format: Live text or voice chat (to be decided after recruitment - I'd prefer voice)
Time: Sundays 16:00 GMT/BST (local UK time)
Starting: 17th of March

Applications

Post in this thread.

Outline your preferred bloodline, starting explorer, and the initial Regent you'd like your Founders to be putting down.

For the first generation I'd like core book only, as I don't have the supplement with the extra playbooks in yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Interest post.

Not sure when i'll have something up, still reading through the book, and will be traveling next week.

Thinking maybe something engineery.

Sax Battler fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Mar 9, 2019

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Interested for sure. Will have to get the book.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

The playbooks and basic gist of the game (moves etc) can be found at UFO's dowloads page - https://ufopress.co.uk/downloads/

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Interested, for sure.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'd love to play if it wasn't at 3am in Australia haha

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Noon on sundays EST sounds achievable for me - consider me intrigued and available for voice.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

I like this game, but I don't think I can play the first session since I'll be in the middle of a trip. Future Sundays should be fine.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Sounds like a plan. I could take the Regal Knights line.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Regal Knights? Do you mean Legendary Heroes?

Also, could people who're interested please propose a starting Regent? Just a couple of sentences.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The Regent is an heir to demonic power. They hide themselves in regal trappings and have oppressed the countryside for a long time, living in their golden palace filled with mirrors. It took both political and military favors to get close to breaching the sanctum.

My ideal bloodline is a bunch of explorers continually drawn to the castle.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Is it bad if I make a boring-rear end vampire hunter, hunting a badass Vampire lord type?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Fuzz posted:

Is it bad if I make a boring-rear end vampire hunter, hunting a badass Vampire lord type?

No, that's fine; just what makes the badass vampire more badass than other vampires?

To be clear here, the Regeant that your Founders fight will be one of the ones proposed here, with the others from people who're in the game* put on file for late generations. The maximum number of players I'm going to pick is four.

*I won't use your regeant unless you're in the game, that would be unfair.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Shoot, would love to be part of this but probably can't make the first weekend as I am DM'ing a game at the time.

Can I follow along?

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Sure. Submit an application anyway if you want, same with the other person who might not be able to make the intended start

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

The Regent is obsessed with the unnatural and obscene lying just outside mortal perception. Their goal is to warp their domain and the surrounding environment to a maddening chaos.

I'm interested in the Tainted bloodline and a Mystic explorer to start. I can write a proper sheet here soon.

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

The regent will come to you in your lowest moment, right when you're ready to do anything to get away. He'll offer you riches, power, purpose, and all you have to do is take him by his red right hand.
He owns scientists, soldiers, hordes of the starving and the dispossessed, all working to expand his reach by any means they can.

For my character, i'm looking at an enclave seeker.

Sax Battler fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Mar 11, 2019

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Dunno what my character is, haven't read the rules yet, but my thought was a Regent who had led a small enclave of occultists who had found something Other that existed outside they're world. This being possessed the Regent and through him/her promised dark gifts tho their followers. My character's ancestor was one of this enclave, but fled when the darkness was beginning to overcome him. Now, years later, the Other returns and the "touched" descendants of the betrayer family turn it back, before our can fully corrupt and devour the world.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

So, just want to apologise. I started the recruitment thread, then promptly had a stupidly busy week. I'm still up for starting tomorrow if other people are.

Fuzz, Sax battler, Goldbee, and Rather Watch them if you're not on the discord, please be there.

1st session - Founders, initial regent, then work out who your first explorers are and who the regent they're going to face is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Long ago, before humanity walked the earth, there was an ancient, mighty predator. Its scales were scarred by countless battles, but its plumage was still bright and awe-inspiring. Its footsteps spread silence in the jungle, for no beast that walked the earth or soared the sky dared to make the slightest sound in its presence. What was it like? No one knows. The trembling hand of pre-human civilizations paint him in many differet hues, some as a soaring bird of prey, snatching men from the earth with no warning; others as a roaring hunter from whom escape is impossible. Could these be different animals that the ancients thought were somehow related? Hard to say.
What is known, however, is that even know that humanity rules the earth and nature is on the backfoot, we are not safe from this ancient hunter. It slumbers deep beneath the earth, but when it awakens, it will establish a dreaded hunting ground, and topple the works of man in its wake, and no one, no one will be safe.