Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

I guess it'll be funny (as long as he doesn't do anymore actual heinous poo poo) but If he couldn't pull his poo poo together in Canada is there any reason to expect it will happen now?

It's very, very difficult to adjust to CFL rules for a lot of former American football players. That + Johnny's general prickliness probably had more to do with it than anything

I'd be more concerned about his conditioning and if he can take the hits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Low Desert Punk posted:

It's very, very difficult to adjust to CFL rules for a lot of former American football players. That + Johnny's general prickliness probably had more to do with it than anything

He intentionally washed out of the CFL. His contract said he had to get regular screening to prove he was taking his lithium, attend weekly appointments with a therapist, and maintain regular appointments with his doctor. He stopped doing all of those.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

He missed a mandatory meeting because he knew he could get his contract nullified, and come back to play in the US. So he took the out.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

weird Asian candy posted:

I apologize, friend. It won't happen again. As a token of my shame, please take this "closing out the season undefeated" commemorative coin.

You beautiful son of a bitch!

Edit:/\ I almost don't blame him, Montreal is an awful team, even by CFL standards

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Low Desert Punk posted:

I'd be more concerned about his conditioning and if he can take the hits

CFL rules are very very quarterback friendly, Johnny's run around and launch passes style should have been perfect for the league

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Can't wait for the Arlington Command Voice to be in the league next year

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

MakaVillian posted:

You beautiful son of a bitch!

:getin:

I promise, it won't happen again.

GO SHOTS!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Commanders back up to even and ready to make the push as we enter the late season here.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DariusLikewise posted:

CFL rules are very very quarterback friendly, Johnny's run around and launch passes style should have been perfect for the league

Yeah and he still looked like poo poo. I don't think he was ever very good and I don't expect him to be good in this situation, but people seem to like thinking he will

Ben Nevis posted:

Commanders back up to even and ready to make the push as we enter the late season here.

The Commanders are good. Woodside has a decent arm and really nice movement skills, in fact him and Wolford have very similar looks to them as QBs with Wolford being a little more athletic. I like their chances to keep winning

wandler20 posted:

I missed the game. How tf did the Apollos lose to the mediocre Hotshots?

The Hotshots secondary totally had the Apollos' number. They were covering exceptionally well, the offensive line didn't hold up against that (quite good) Hotshots D line, and to make things worse every receiver on the team seemed to have a case of the dropsies.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Apollos needed to be humbled to set themselves up for an undefeated run the rest of the way. #TakeAim

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Johnny Manziel, Zach Metternberger, Christian Hackenberg all on the same roster in 2019. Wild!

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

wandler20 posted:

Johnny Manziel, Zach Metternberger, Christian Hackenberg all on the same roster in 2019. Wild!

AAF Week 7 N/V - 1-5 Guys: Bergers and Lies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

EugeneJ posted:

AAF Week 7 N/V - 1-5 Guys: Bergers and Lies

Not topping that one, went ahead and made the new thread.