Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
This leads me to a problem I've been having with my dnc - I can't find the drivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

This leads me to a problem I've been having with my dnc - I can't find the drivers.
Lmao

crazycarl
Jun 13, 2001

Welcome to TB Diddlers in Mokena.

Where the special is always Dr Rassmusin's Hot Beef Injection and you can play "Whers my Manometer" with other diners

Dely Apple posted:

I can't believe storify is gone, now the shoe roast has to be hosted somewhere like Imgur gross

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/1sRcD

This is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen

MyronMulch
Nov 12, 2006

Was he the baby face guy on the last few seasons of The Office? Dwight Jr or something like that

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Was there ever actually a point where making fun of embarassing awkward goony goony goon goons wasn't a staple of SA? The conceit that everyone who posts here is a terrible shutin neckbeard is one of the most defining traits of whatever SA comedy house style we're theorizing about here

I guess there must have been a brief window at one point where asking people IRL if they had stairs in their house was deemed acceptable but who actually remembers it

One time I thought there was a goon behind me so I drew Goatstairs on a piece of notebook paper and taped it to my backpack and then walked real slow in front of them but then it turned out they were a mailbox.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

link to get the newbies up to speed or just to get nostalgic
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3776853

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I think docevil trolling headline new cancels out the egg shark thing. That’s just me tho

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

empty baggie posted:

I think docevil trolling headline new cancels out the egg shark thing. That’s just me tho

true... the egg thing is something goons will stop bringing up and dunking on you because you went on a news show and talked about some goofy poo poo. kind of like how if you accidentally post your dick on the forums or stalk somebody, just make an epic trump photoshop thread and its all good.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The G4 interview is still the best. Perfect deadpan, getting the host's name wrong multiple times, wonderful.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Charles Bukowski posted:

The G4 interview is still the best. Perfect deadpan, getting the host's name wrong multiple times, wonderful.

Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdUHDDj7fhk

Pop ups

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

The look on the hosts face when he's describing goatse and then the awkward pause at the end really sell this.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

hahahahaha

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
SomethingIsawful dot com

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

the smashmouth eggs incident happened before I got my first smartphone and it made me extremely aware/conscious of nerd shut in body language and I remember specifically that moment caused me to decide to never just awkwardly gently caress around on my phone in public and nervously shove my hands in my pockets to look cool cause people see right through it. I remember thinking how uncool and lame and embarrassing he looked and I believe that has actually done wonders for me living in the moment and being a normal person who's comfortable talking to people in public and i gently caress a lot dudes or girls it didn't matter a hole's a hole and i'm jacked and drive a mercedes and i'm good at xbox.

Anyway how did he get owned by the shark mascot exactly? I don't seem to remember the shark at all, maybe I didn't stick around long enough out of embarrassment

Kak
Sep 27, 2002

beep by grandpa posted:

the smashmouth eggs incident happened before I got my first smartphone and it made me extremely aware/conscious of nerd shut in body language and I remember specifically that moment caused me to decide to never just awkwardly gently caress around on my phone in public and nervously shove my hands in my pockets to look cool cause people see right through it. I remember thinking how uncool and lame and embarrassing he looked and I believe that has actually done wonders for me living in the moment and being a normal person who's comfortable talking to people in public and i gently caress a lot dudes or girls it didn't matter a hole's a hole and i'm jacked and drive a mercedes and i'm good at xbox.

Anyway how did he get owned by the shark mascot exactly? I don't seem to remember the shark at all, maybe I didn't stick around long enough out of embarrassment

The shark pointed at the eggs and made a biting motion forcing at fart to eat the eggs.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Kak posted:

The shark pointed at the eggs and made a biting motion forcing at fart to eat the eggs.

Smash Mouth did not eat the eggs

in the end, @fart ate the eggs

@fart ate the eggs

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Looking bad Jon :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clyEcrwuXfk&t=87s

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
In the end a bunch of money was raised for charity so the net outcome was good. And Jon got owned hard by Guy loving Fieri.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol at him just standing there on his phone instead of taking part before getting owned

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

FactsAreUseless posted:

I was a poster on the Sluggy Freelance fan forums when I found SA.

They were alright people.

Read the first few years of that comic, had no idea there were forums. Probably for the best.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

gently caress my rear end bros, that video is brutal and it didn't even capture peak humiliation.

On one hand I feel like we've come a long way - OTOH, I feel like everyone is still as big of a nerd, but drunk and brazen.

Edit: I'm projecting. That video is still a deep, unholy cringer though. Baby!

Serious Party Gods fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 25, 2019

MegaButt
Feb 21, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
That search engine data leak article he wrote is still one of the funniest things I ever read. The one racist nutcase that was afraid that his black neighbors had x-ray vision is my favorite.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

it was the little death he needed to rise from his ashes reborn as a twitter platform user

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

The Saucer Hovers posted:

it was the little death he needed to rise from his ashes reborn as a twitter platform user

Can you abort a rebirth? Rebort?