Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

people eating turkey anuses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IamFuckMan
Mar 26, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Victory Position posted:

example in point: a Wall Street senior executive-turned-star prodigy of the animal sanctuary world, Goats of Anarchy: https://www.instagram.com/goatsofanarchy/

mind you, I have absolutely zero problem with the practice, but the way people engage with the practice, so it's a little tough to talk about. it seems like a really easy escape for people who don't want to engage with anything at all.

So what though? Better helping goats than being a Wall Street wonk even if there is some selfish motive involved.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
tfw careposts arrive in a thread with a one word OP

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

nothing tastes as good as narcissistic self righteousness feels

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

GalacticAcid posted:

tfw careposts arrive in a thread with a one word OP

welp

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
I like cows they're really cool and friendly

but that's because we bred them to be really chill. we created something friendly and docile so that they'd be easier to slaughter

at least cows are getting their revenge by killing humans with colon cancer and climate change. thanks for reading

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

actually animal husbandry is wrong and evil and all you need for agriculture is some beans and all the aminals should be free to live naturally!!!

*ecosystem collapses and everyone dies in giant dustbowl*

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
im too poor to give a poo poo what i eat but there isnt a single item of food with more metaphorical blood on it than a banana. gently caress bananas

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
peta's provocateur marketing tactics really makes you stop and think about the bad things people do to animals

like eat them when they are yummy and enjoying them, smiling

next time i eat the yummy animal, i am frowning, expressing remorse but it is still yummy

thank you peta

Homocow
Apr 24, 2007

Extremely bad poster!
DO NOT QUOTE!

Pillbug
i don't think animal husbandry is wrong I just think it's kinda hosed up, a necessary evil maybe

anyway eating less meat is almost always a good idea and yeah bananas are gross

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

lol

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Wheeee posted:

i love the idea peta pushes that the meat industry is some massive, cohesive power that's behind everything wrong in the modern food chain, unlike all the other industrial agricultural interests operating within capitalism

peta is a joke and veganism is stupid liberal white guilt manifested in the form of an eating disorder

Wheeee posted:

nothing tastes as good as narcissistic self righteousness feels

Wheeee posted:

actually animal husbandry is wrong and evil and all you need for agriculture is some beans and all the aminals should be free to live naturally!!!

*ecosystem collapses and everyone dies in giant dustbowl*

it's always fun to watch the flailings of a brain wracked by cognitive dissonance as it pushes out the fact that factory farming has been continuously holocausting our fellow beings and destroying the fuckin planet forever and that to participate in it voluntarily is monstrous. must be those drat vegans and their "compassion"

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

VROOM VROOM posted:

it's always fun to watch the flailings of a brain wracked by cognitive dissonance as it pushes out the fact that factory farming has been continuously holocausting our fellow beings and destroying the fuckin planet forever and that to participate in it voluntarily is monstrous. must be those drat vegans and their "compassion"

the first one you quoted literally calls out the nature of industrialized agriculture under capitalism

eat some fish your brain is dying

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
PETA's antics kinda sabotage the cause of animal welfare being done by other groups is my honest opinion.

VROOM VROOM
Jun 8, 2005

Wheeee posted:

the first one you quoted literally calls out the nature of industrialized agriculture under capitalism

eat some fish your brain is dying

capitalism is bad and so you are correct

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

VROOM VROOM posted:

capitalism is bad and so you are correct

i tell you to eat fish not out of hate, but out of love

<3

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
PETA are the sort who advocate for sheep to not be sheared... ignorant of the fact that it is unhealthy for modern sheep to go without being sheared due to thousands of years of being bred to grow more and more wool.

Speaking of fishing, there are invasive lionfish in florida that can decimate coral reefs. The florida fish and wildlife commission hosts lionfish catching derbies, and has successfully made lionfish a local delicacy, so now fishermen actively seek out lionfish to sell to restaurants.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

i have never actually met, online or off, a vegan who had any understanding of farming, biology, or environmentalism. it's always the same thing as dealing with right wing chuds, an endless fractal of ideological bullshit being regurgitated from whatever ridiculous outlets they slavishly follow

i jokingly called veganism an eating disorder earlier in the thread, when in reality it's a modern secular cult

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Lunging, clawing, flailing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

its not stfu ga