Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house

The Dennis System posted:

A Dogme 95 superhero movie.

Julien Donkey-Boy already exists

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

numbertwoposter posted:

An HBO series based on the Star Wars Darth Bane book trilogy.

Only if it's a Star Wars/Batman crossover.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

A film adaptation of Brian Aldiss’s “Hothouse”. For those who don’t know, it’s a bizarre sci fi novel that takes place in the far, far distant future where the Earth has stopped turning and one half of the globe is always facing the sun and the other half is in eternal darkness. On the light half, plant life has completely taken over, with one massive mega-tree covering all land and smaller plants have evolved to become mobile and predatory. The only animal life that remains are social insects and humans, who have become tiny and green and are in constant peril of being eaten by monster plants. Oh, and there is a species of giant balloon plant that has adapted to float up to the moon on weblike tethers. And it gets way weirder.

I just want to see a movie of this. I would accept anime as long as it’s Hayao Miyazaki.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

R.L. Stine posted:

Julien Donkey-Boy already exists

Never heard of it. I'll check it out.

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

Twin Peaks Season 4 except it's just Dougie Jone and his family and the Mitchum Brothers

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Gimme a second season of “Terra Nova”

You can’t put pirates and dinosaurs in the same show and not explain yourselves.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Masters of the Universe, with a kid-friendly, completely PG plot, the way Speed Racer did it, and the gayest aesthetics and design you've ever seen, like basically you lift the look straight from Tom of Finland.

like not explicitly making a social point in plot or dialogue or anywhere, just a wholesome cartoon adaptation that's conspiciously all about meek Prince Adam who can only be his true muscled loincloth-and-chest-straps-wearing self when he grabs his huge sword, that's all I'm asking

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A new Star Trek show that isn't a prequel or reboot.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Sunswipe posted:

A new Star Trek show that isn't a prequel or reboot.

You are getting your wish.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
A grimdark sequel to Monsters Inc where it's discovered that children's laughter is really bad for the environment and they have to switch back to screams. The scarers have to do some really messed up poo poo to compensate for the inefficiency.

Rated NC-17

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"
Grimdark reboot of Airwolf. It's a show populated by mercenaries, defense contractors/corporations, organized crime and government agencies. Plus all kinds of foreign intervention poo poo. It would probably work better now than during the cold war.

IIRC in the original pilot Airwolf sunk a US destroyer and blamed Libya for it. :v:

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

A new horror movie about kids trying to master lucid dreaming but accidentally encountering some kind of intelligent entity in the dreamscape that starts hunting and killing them.

For 80% of the movie the monster is all shadows and dark claws and stuff like that, just looking like some kind of force of nature and the kids theorize it's like a succubus or incubus or some kind of tulpa or whatever the trendy "dream demon" idea is right now.

In the final showdown the remaining kids end up in a hellscape boiler room and guess what, it's Freddy Krueger. He says something about being forgotten for decades and sealed away in the dreamscape, but these kids messed around in a place they shouldn't have and gave him enough power to come back. One kid can be like the historian of the group or something and be like "you're an urban legend that a bunch of parents came up with after their kids got killed" or whatever, something to tie the movie into the Nightmare universe but you don't need it to be insanely convoluted and talk about the sequels.

Do not call the movie anything obvious, go for a title like "Dreaming" or "Lucid" or whatever generic thing sounds like a regular horror movie. Don't show Freddy in any ads or the poster or anything. Once the movie comes out you can put out some ad that's like "You won't believe the ending" if you have to.

I'm sure this would lose the studio a shitload of money and you'd never be able to keep it under wraps, but it would personally please me so it should be done.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Erghh posted:

Grimdark reboot of Airwolf. It's a show populated by mercenaries, defense contractors/corporations, organized crime and government agencies. Plus all kinds of foreign intervention poo poo. It would probably work better now than during the cold war.

IIRC in the original pilot Airwolf sunk a US destroyer and blamed Libya for it. :v:

:gizz: I want this so much.

Oh, and the official cover story was that a missile accidentally detonated aboard the destroyer. This was to cover up that it was actually destroyed by Airwolf, being operated by a rogue American weapons designer working for Libya who had stolen Airwolf from the CIA. He stole it and took it to Libya so the Libyans would allow him to rape and torture women in exchange for doing missions for them.

Erghh
Sep 24, 2007

"Let him speak!"

Sunswipe posted:

:gizz: I want this so much.

Oh, and the official cover story was that a missile accidentally detonated aboard the destroyer. This was to cover up that it was actually destroyed by Airwolf, being operated by a rogue American weapons designer working for Libya who had stolen Airwolf from the CIA. He stole it and took it to Libya so the Libyans would allow him to rape and torture women in exchange for doing missions for them.

That's it - and one of the women was String's gf, who also an under cover agent. All sorts of stuff going down in the opener.

Oddly the best Hunt for Moffet video is from Operation Flashpoint...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvFBVlCoK0

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Erghh posted:

That's it - and one of the women was String's gf, who also an under cover agent. All sorts of stuff going down in the opener.

Oddly the best Hunt for Moffet video is from Operation Flashpoint...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HvFBVlCoK0

... and now I'm going to be watching Airwolf videos all afternoon.

Skratte
Nov 11, 2010

it's time to make Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian.

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012
Panos Cosmatos' Bloodborne. :colbert:

MNSNTZR
Oct 13, 2012

Hardawn posted:

A movie about the time all the peasant ate irgot and went into a religious delirium that ended with people being hung from churches in steel cages that are still there to this day.

A Field in England is... almost this.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Skratte posted:

it's time to make Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian.
I mean, they're making Ghostbusters 3, another Bill & Ted, I'm expecting this 2020 at the latest.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

The Dennis System posted:

Never heard of it. I'll check it out.

Oh man have you seen any Harmony Korine movies?
Pls post your review

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robokomodo
Nov 11, 2009
Gimme dat Mortal Kombat movie that had the 10min trailer. That would be awesome.

Rated R for Radical