Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Is he really as awful as I think he is, or am I just annoyed because he represents the opposite of all my failures? The 4 hour body was pretty decent, had some good info. But a lot of his poo poo seems to be just to tell people to go around and travel and work very little, ignoring the fact that he lucked into some stupid startup money.

So what is it, does he suck or am I just a jealous rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Who?

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
Tim the ferret?? Sounds trippy

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
Is he the guy who invented rhe ferris wheel?

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the gently caress are you on about op?

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Yeah gently caress that guy op gently caress him good

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i could kick tim ferris's rear end

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Summarize his ideas for us op. I get the feeling his four hour work week is “have money, invest in things, let those company’s employees work 80 hour weeks to make your investment appreciate, coll ct money” which, even just ignoring the “just be rich to start” angle, ignore the whole fact that SOMEBODY will actually have to do the hourly work to make it all come together.

Having said that, the work life balance in the USA is super hosed and most likely the reason for our dissolving social institutions and declining public health/culture.

Biohazard
Apr 17, 2002

1redflag posted:

Summarize his ideas for us op. I get the feeling his four hour work week is “have money, invest in things, let those company’s employees work 80 hour weeks to make your investment appreciate, coll ct money” which, even just ignoring the “just be rich to start” angle, ignore the whole fact that SOMEBODY will actually have to do the hourly work to make it all come together.

Having said that, the work life balance in the USA is super hosed and most likely the reason for our dissolving social institutions and declining public health/culture.

Yeah that's basically it from what I can gather. He seems super impressed of himself for thinking up "just don't worry about it, let other people handle that poo poo".

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
Yes OP he's a charlatan.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

i would crush up a chalky pellet I keep in my pocket and blow the powder into his eyes. once he was blinded i would get behind him and kick him in the back of the knee. from there getting him into a submission hold would be child's play

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i would crush up a chalky pellet I keep in my pocket and blow the powder into his eyes. once he was blinded i would get behind him and kick him in the back of the knee. from there getting him into a submission hold would be child's play

What'll you do after that? Nibble his on ear?

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

Now that's what I call PLAYING SOME DEFENSE

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
He should make like a wheel and roll outta here that fucker that charlatsn

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
Who?

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

Gaunab posted:

What'll you do after that? Nibble his on ear?

Choke his rear end out until he shits his pants. Then take his wallet and keys. Cellphone too.

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless
In fact, take his clothes too amd dump them in the trash. Just leave him in a pair of poo poo-filled underpants

Hairy Busey
Jan 5, 2019

by FactsAreUseless

1redflag posted:

Instead of working 4 hours be should just take a day ofd. Tim Ferris's Day Off.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Hairy Busey posted:

Choke his rear end out until he shits his pants. Then take his wallet and keys. Cellphone too.

:yeah:

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i used to ride casual carpool with a sports medicine physician at ucsf that worked with Ferris a bunch. she mentioned his body is basically hosed up and his hormone levels and everything were basically tanked and that of a 60+ year old. i didnt really know who she was talking about until goolging later or i would have asked questions.

but basically sounds like hes probably not going to live very long if it helps

then again neither are any of us lol

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Xaris posted:

:pray:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Xaris posted:

i used to ride casual carpool with a sports medicine physician at ucsf that worked with Ferris a bunch. she mentioned his body is basically hosed up and his hormone levels and everything were basically tanked and that of a 60+ year old. i didnt really know who she was talking about until goolging later or i would have asked questions.

but basically sounds like hes probably not going to live very long if it helps

Oh, i figures he was just a financial snake oil salesman. Is he he a fitness sophist, too?

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
IDK who that is, OP. Is it this guy?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

1redflag posted:

Oh, i figures he was just a financial snake oil salesman. Is he he a fitness sophist, too?

yeah he wrote the 4-hour body which was kinda from the exceprts i read

https://archive.org/details/TimothyFerrissThe4HourWorkWeek-Body/page/n17 or in plaintext

the geist of all his books are: a) be obscenely rich + b) be white.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Apr 13, 2019

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
Because you want to suck his dick.

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Because he’s the root of all fuckbois

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

The 4 hour body is snake oil start to finish too. I did enjoy that tirade in the middle where he discovers the clitoris aged late 30 something, however.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
I did his diet. Lost a shitload of weight and kept it off for years, and felt great doing it.

Good diet if you ask me.

But yeah the rest of his advice seems custom made for people who lucked into a big sum of money which they used to start their own business and can work whatever hours they want, remote if they want, and can directly calculate hours worked to dollars earned. So basically his financial advice seems to apply to like 0.04% of people.

All of his other health advice aside from his diet seems to apply to about the same percentage of people too.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

i could gently caress tim ferris's rear end

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

GreatGreen posted:

I did his diet. Lost a shitload of weight and kept it off for years, and felt great doing it.

Good diet if you ask me.

But yeah the rest of his advice seems custom made for people who lucked into a big sum of money which they used to start their own business and can work whatever hours they want, remote if they want, and can directly calculate hours worked to dollars earned. So basically his financial advice seems to apply to like 0.04% of people.

All of his other health advice aside from his diet seems to apply to about the same percentage of people too.

I imagine like this Ferris guy has strong opinions on bitcoins as well.

supernatural blonde
Mar 15, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
What did he do to you?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
The 4-hour Workweek is a pretty loving hilarious read post-2008 and anyone who took him seriously after claiming to gain 34 lbs of muscle in 4 weeks deserves whatever is coming to them.

Ocean Book
Sep 27, 2010

:yum: - hi
im still working my way through the 4 hour mario

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpleasantly turgid
Jul 6, 2016

u lightweights couldn't even feed my shadow ;*
like ferris buhlers day off?