Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Problem description: The issue is with any Windows Store apps (picture viewer, calculator, etc.): None of them, nor the Store itself, are opening

Attempted fixes: I've attempted a variety of fixes (resetting app, resetting store, removed/reinstalling/re-registering all store apps)...none worked. We ran dism & system file checker - Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. Also followed https://www.bynarycodes.com/sticky-notes-keeps-crashing-after-1809-update/ and https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-reset-and-reinstall-sticky-notes-in-windows-10/ to no avail

Recent changes: Just typical Windows Updates.

Operating system: e.g. Windows Vista (Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate), Windows XP (Home/Pro), MacOS X, Linux, etc. Also specify whether your OS is 32-bit or 64-bit, you can check this in Windows Vista/7 by going to Control Panel, System, and looking at the "System Type" line.

System specs: Dell XPS 8910 - i7-6700, 16GB RAM on one system, and an OptiPlex 3060 for the other system. Both on W10 Pro

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Has anybody seen this issue before? We are experiencing this on two machines, for different organizations and on different environments. Really hoping to avoid rebuilding a profile (though I don't think this is it) or reloading an OS. Any help the goons can offer would be appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slayerjerman
Nov 27, 2005

by sebmojo
Save yourself time and just reinstall Windows :tif:

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
but but but but

BioMe
Aug 9, 2012

Struggling with windows store myself right now, I just want to use an Xbox controller and am completely blocked by an error code I'm not even going to bother typing because it's completely useless even to microsoft techs anyway. This is what I hate about windows the most, when it comes time to troubleshoot something you quickly realize absolutely no one know how anything works.

Like there's 20 point list of possible solutions for this crap and I've already done the halfway reasonable stuff like deleting related caches and fixing registries. And shotgun blasting every possible dependency at your PC is the least ridiculous hail mary here, the rest are some insane bullshit like "change your DNS settings" or "set system locale to US" :psyduck:

Like OK, maybe fixing these issues isn't always the most straightforward thing on Linux either but someone is able to tell you what the problem is at least. You don't get "lol idk, try messing up your system settings all day and download 50 new installs until none of them works".

BioMe fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Apr 29, 2019

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Taking steps now to reload OS. FTGE