Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Uplink OS Episode 7 - The Place That You Go When You Die

I don't know how obvious it was by me constantly taking missions to destroy systems, but I was stalling and waiting for the main story to finally start. I don't know if Uplink OS pushed it ahead by a few days or what but it feels like it took way longer to happen :shepface:

It is totally legitimate procrastination to look for smash corporation jobs when-
A: You won't take hacker hunting because you are a good boy.
B: You can't take server theft without hating life because your computer is so tiny.

Such things are what made me go "Eh, gently caress it. Let's rob a bank!" when I realized I could barely fit saved voice clips into my "CPU, yes. Memory, no" shitbox anymore :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gideon020
Apr 23, 2011
Don't forget, if you want to cheese the whole 'being traced thing', get the remote-control gateway. They can't arrest you if they can't find you. :D

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Jason totally kills kids. It's one of the ways you lose in the NES version of Friday the 13th.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Wait, this has a plot beyond drunkenly raving about capitalism?

You can recover data from a hard drive after deleting system 32 if you boot off a different drive. Installing windows reformat the drive and kills the data on it.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Uplink OS Episode 8 - How To Fix Dan's Bullshit

I do not at all remember how LANs work, so the first time we hit one is going to be a trip.

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

Nice job skipping past the email saying your Neuromancer rating hit Morally Bankrupt. You monster! :moreevil:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

In fairness, it's a lot harder to make enough money legitimately to be able to do everything than to hit up the 'trace a recent balance transfer' and just make off with like a cool couple million.

Complications fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jun 21, 2019

Geemer
Nov 4, 2010

In all honesty, I'm surprised just putting some charges on and getting a person arrested is enough to pass the "completely ruin a life" requirement. I was thinking you'd have to wipe their academic achievements as well.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
I'm wondering about my bellybutton now and I'm about two steps from getting a qtip and doing a science experiment, grace.

Edit: oh God my wife says your bellybutton is just your old mouth

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jun 22, 2019

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

So, instead of bringing down capitalism, Dan decided to sell out completely. Why am I not surprised?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dan can sell out as much as they want, if it means we get to keep seeing them screw with personal and criminal data :allears:

Academic record jobs dry up super hard, but demands to frame people keep coming in nonstop. Like for fun experiment "I backed up my save and the entire plot came and went without me, by the time I got three academic record jobs" dry up. I can only assume once I got my rank high, Uplink didn't figure it worth bothering to list most chump change missions anymore.

Smashing corporations is very important, but all file servers look the same :sigh:

Section Z fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Jun 24, 2019

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I turn into a merry prankster when I get drunk. Sure it's probably not super funny to those people NOW, but I'm sure once they get to the police department and the officer has to read off all 20 charges of "Dicks too fuckin big" they'll probably get let go or something. Plus it's not like anyone actually USES SSNs right so those edits are all a wash

I'm a good person :mad:

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Days to weeks after they're arrested, the cops finally get around to reading about why. Any release is immediately put on hold as IT and PR are called. Another week or two passes, as everything is worked out in secret. The people are finally released.

They've missed rent.

They've missed payments.

They've been fired.

When they try to apply for unemployment benefits they're told that the system doesn't recognize their social security number, and that social security fraud is a very serious crime.

It's okay though money is more important than people anyway.

Complications fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 24, 2019

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Complications posted:

Days to weeks after they're arrested, the cops finally get around to reading about why. Any release is immediately put on hold as IT and PR are called. Another week or two passes, as everything is worked out in secret. The people are finally released.

They've missed rent.

They've missed payments.

They've been fired.

When they try to apply for unemployment benefits they're told that the system doesn't recognize their social security number, and that social security fraud is a very serious crime.

It's okay though money is more important than people anyway.

"Why? Why is my dick so fukkin' big?" they scream to the heavens as the corporations repossess all their belongings.

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

GrandmaParty posted:

"Why? Why is my dick so fukkin' big?" they scream to the heavens as the corporations repossess all their belongings.
It's clearly their parents' fault. Shouldn't have gotten the bargain upgrade package for junior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

GrandmaParty posted:

Camera pans up.

UPLINK
Based on a true story