Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
You can't really dust for vomit.
Last month I sort of won the competition with this photo of a strange local business.

So this month's theme is Strangers. Sure, we're talking about street but I fully encourage: with-consent street portraits, Edward Hopper style landscapes with solitary figures, ethereal long exposures, and out of context objects within a scene.

RULES:
This thread is for posting pics & voting.
1. One submission/poster. You can change your submission as many times as you want, so long as you only have one entry when the voting begins! Edit your post to do this, please.
2. Single photos only - no video, triptychs, or multi-photo entries. Blending exposures into a single image (such as focus stacking, or HDR), is ok though.
3. Photos must be taken during the period of the contest. No pulling out old favourites!
4. Contest will be open until [at least] the last day of the month at 11:59 p.m. GMT after which voting will begin
5. Voting will continue until some time after that, probably around midnight the evening of the 2nd or 3rd.
6. Use good judgment/good taste if venturing into NSFW or potentially offensive territory. PM me or a mod if you have questions.
7. When voting, please use the spoiler tag.

I or the mods reserve the right to amend the rules if needed.

*** ENTRIES HAVE NOW CLOSED - VOTE BELOW ***

* VOTING IS OPEN UNTIL WHENEVER I REMEMBER TO CHECK THE THREAD ON MONDAY EVENING (GMT) *

Nigel Tufnel fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 2, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
Looks like I'm kicking this month's contest off as well. Here we go!

Just met these little guys today. A robin made a nest in a large rhododendron plant near our back deck, and the nest is only around six feet off the ground--great for watching. We've been waiting for these new arrivals.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Wildcat Banana Slug crop-7839 on Flickr

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
IMG_6020.jpg by Iain Compton, on Flickr

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
2019-05-26_08-05-04 by noonebutme2010, on Flickr

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Untitled by CodfishPhotographer, on Flickr

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
Let the voting begin!

Cuntpunch

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
CodfishCartographer

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer
CodfishCartographer

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I vote for TK, I feel like his best captures the theme.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
TK. Very poignant picture.

BetterLekNextTime
Jul 22, 2008

It's all a matter of perspective...
Grimey Drawer
Nigel Tufnel, love the reflections in the windows

iammeandsoareyou
Oct 27, 2007
Nothing to see here
………..Soulex……….

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Nigel

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

. TK .

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
I don't know how iammeandsoareyou has hit the theme, but I'm digging that potter wasp so that's my vote

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
Cuntpunch

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
TK gets my vote

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
CodfishCartographer

Nigel Tufnel
Jan 4, 2005
:boom: TK WINS!!! :boom:

Congrats and a worthy winner.

Next month's theme is in TK's hands. Thanks for playing y'all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
This is quite an honor. I would like to thank Ilhan Omar and the Council on American Islamic Relations - Washington for putting on an event drawing protestors and counter protestors. I would also like to thank the protestors for sticking to the street entrance while everybody entered the venue through the parking garage.

June thread up shortly.