Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Problem description: I've got a lenovo legion Y530 that I often connect to my tv via hdmi cable. If i'm watching a program or something on the tv and I close the lid on my laptop it switches to second screen only mode. When I reopen the laptop it goes back to extended mode, though everything jumps to my laptop monitor. I'd like to be able to close the lid and reopen it without any changes in the display settings, as in have it remain in extended mode when the laptop is closed.

Attempted fixes: looked about on google and switched the settings to do nothing when the laptop lid is closed but it hasn't resolved the problem. most things I find on google just talk about not putting the laptop to sleep when it's closed, which I've already figured out how to do.

Recent changes: No changes, it's been like this since I got the laptop.

--

Operating system: Win 10 64 bit

System specs: lenovo legion Y530 15/CH 1060 is what it says on the bottom.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU