Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

So far (10ish missions in) I've been able to do all bonus objectives on the first pass. Lots of retries ofc, but they are all seem doable without depending on RNG. Getting a good consumable or a lucky action gem definitely makes it way easier though.

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

On the map screen, some missions have an "X" beside the symbols for "Gem" and "Gold". What does the "X' mean, though? I guess completed? Yeah, must be.

It's the icon for the bonus XP reward you get for completing a mission (which you only get once like the other rewards). So yeah, in a sense, it does mean completed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

The boss theme loving slaps. It’s easily 90’s JRPG tier.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

FYI: if you want to you can farm XP by just hanging out in a level with continuous spawns and killing stuff until you get bored.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Just popping to say that the final boss is bullshit. It's got a mechanic that isn't communicated beforehand which basically requires starting the mission over once you understand how it works.

Aside from that, game was still pretty good.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
Wow this game is bullshit. If my useful powers are one-use and take such limited resources to upgrade, stop with the dozens and dozens and dozens worth of hit points from respawning enemies. The store doesn't sell much that's useful and everything costs hundreds of gold. Am I supposed to be grinding out gold by replaying the earlier missions many times?

Stabbey_the_Clown fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Sep 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Wow this game is bullshit. If my useful powers are one-use and take such limited resources to upgrade, stop with the dozens and dozens and dozens worth of hit points from respawning enemies. The store doesn't sell much that's useful and everything costs hundreds of gold. Am I supposed to be grinding out gold by replaying the earlier missions many times?

The usefulness of store items can vary greatly, with some of them being close to broken. For whatever one person's anecdote is worth, I finished all missions except one (the one where you need to protect someone while they complete a ritual) on hard with close to zero grinding. I repeated some missions simply to complete all optional objectives, so I got some incidental extra gold.

Re: re-spawning enemies. Most enemies in most missions are set non-infinite spawns, and you can just DPS them down with careful planning. Make sure you poison everything you can, get extra charges of the extra valuable powers, and figure out strong synergies (some of the easy ones: sufficient penetration on attacks that poison, so that they actually get poisoned; +damage on multi-target attacks; poison + knocking enemies into each other). Regen is also really strong in missions where you have the time.