Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Is anyone watching this african champions league final? the match has been stopped for almost an hour. In the 61st minute casablanca put the ball in the net and it was called back for offside. A VAR review was requested, but the VAR system isn't working. The casablanca coach pulled his players off in protest and there's been no resoltion. The CAF president is even there.

To clarify, the first game finished 1-1 in morocco, and esperance sportif de tunis was up 1-0 at home when casablanca put the ball in the net. Apparently replays showed it was in fact a good goal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Anyone have a stream or clips of what is going on?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
e: Here's a transcription from beIN Sports' coverage:

some guy on TV posted:

58', Casablanca would tie it up - Walid El Karti with the header into goal. So it's 1-1, right? Mmmm...no! The goal is called offside! But hang on a second, look at the replay - he is onside. So, hey, you know what? We've got VAR in this tournament - let's go and ask VAR. But wait, VAR is not working, and hasn't been working for most of the match. The game is delayed for more than an hour while they figure out what to do. In the end, officials decided to call the match.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jun 1, 2019

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

So the match and title was awarded to esperance sportif de tunis, because the casablanca manager took his players off the pitch in protest? Despite the goal being legit and surely the referee being able to look at a TV replay? I mean yeah it's probably not as accurate as VAR but still. Dodgy as.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Was talking to my friend who supports esperance last night and he was pretty disappointed about it ruining the achievement.

Would hate to think what would've happened if that call went against esperance in their home stadium.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://mobile.twitter.com/si_soccer/status/1136335890710765570

:laffo:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Wow what a shambles

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

I hope they haven't already had the winners parade!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
they should replay the UCL final to be less poo poo