Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!
I'm partial to the 'I'm a drunk white girl on a bar. I hate it.' clip.

You can take the girl out of Florida...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Knock the Pussy Out like Fight Night. Truly heartfelming stuff.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No Sydney, national tragedy

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Good. Celebrate like you just won a World loving Cup.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Jonathan Fisk posted:

No Sydney, national tragedy

counterpoint: not really, no
real talk counterpoint: If loving Lindsay Horan is struggling to get minutes, where we putting Leroux in meaningful minutes? I'm here for Mallory using up all the time TRex arms would be out there instead.

Also, she wasn't included on the earlier list, but my friend Katelyn is another woso profollow (and I don't mean that just because she once wrote a
nice article about my garbage rear end rec league futsal team and one of our guest players).

https://twitter.com/BestKabest/status/1148439726552014848

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

sorry to own you with facts and logic, but she's both an incredible dancer and incredibly fine, and i'll stan her forever

the us could have won that tournament with me on the bench so she deserves a spot for the juice alone

highme
May 25, 2001

I can't really argue with any of that. It's truly an impeccable display of facts & logic. My only possible counter is "maybe Canada comes up with something other than a wet fish of an outing vs Sweden with Sydney on the roster."

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Charming.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Big Huski Boi posted:

People are gonna focus on the booty shaking but her real best contribution is pointing at Pinoe on TV like a child seeing her mother

I hope they weren't letting 20 year old Tierna Davidson drink. That would be just terrible role model behavior. :colbert:

I think my favorite part of the video was the "aww skeet skeet motherfucker" singalong.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Engineer Lenk posted:

This would have been very interesting if they'd been willing to give up Morgan. I kind of want to see how she'd fit into a Paul Riley team.

Alas, Orlando's probably not getting rid of that Alex Morgan-shaped albatross from around their necks until there's an LA expansion team or something

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

This rules

Engineer Lenk
Aug 28, 2003

Mnogo losho e!

xeria posted:

Alas, Orlando's probably not getting rid of that Alex Morgan-shaped albatross from around their necks until there's an LA expansion team or something

Do you think she has enough clout to get it nowadays? She hasn't performed well for club in a long time, and Press also has strong LA ties.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

Engineer Lenk posted:

Do you think she has enough clout to get it nowadays? She hasn't performed well for club in a long time, and Press also has strong LA ties.

Depends, probably. Morgan's name is still thought of as a 'big draw' (even as the Pride continues to only average like 4k attendance per game) so an LA team might want to make that same play Orlando did. And maybe she'd play worth a poo poo without being mad at City for waiving her husband. Press would be the better get for pure performance, though, if Utah was willing to give her up.

highme
May 25, 2001

The Morgan trade was one of the best bits of business the Portland FO has been able to pull off for both teams.

highme
May 25, 2001

First ESPN televised NWSL match will be this Sunday's Thorns vs Orlando. Kick in Portland is at noon, so adjust your time accordingly.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
are we gettin a general Women's Football thread?

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Be the change you wish to see in the world!

I honestly don't follow close enough to make it, highme or a few others probably could tho

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

highme posted:

First ESPN televised NWSL match will be this Sunday's Thorns vs Orlando. Kick in Portland is at noon, so adjust your time accordingly.

Real excited to see just how Orlando manages to give up 5 goals this time!!!

highme
May 25, 2001

gtkor posted:

I honestly don't follow close enough to make it, highme or a few others probably could tho

I only follow the Thorns that closely, I still had to google what teams most of the other US players played for. Anything else is just me regurgitating what one of my friends has said on twitter.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
I can at least write something up about the NWSL/USWNT side (owing a whole bunch to having several friends who cover both as journalists), but I don't get to follow other leagues/NTs much to contribute there.

highme
May 25, 2001

I wonder what friends we have in common. I found out before the final that another goon's sister was hanging out with one of my close friends in Lyon.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...

highme posted:

I wonder what friends we have in common. I found out before the final that another goon's sister was hanging out with one of my close friends in Lyon.

The ones I'm closest to mostly wrote for Equalizer and Once a Metro, though they're both leaving the media circuit after this season because covering women's soccer is poo poo work for no pay unless you're a big name.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Feel free to make one, there was one in the past but it was very much the same four or five people posting and it died quickly.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I did a women's pro league omnithread thing.

Come on over! There should be a pretty good game between the top two teams on the NWSL table tonight at 7:00 pm Eastern US time, streaming on Yahoo.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I wonder if the women's leagues have the boost from the WC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

highme
May 25, 2001

It has. It's possible Portland breaks the league record Orlando has today. All of the teams have had a bump though, with Sky Blue even selling out games.

We have a thread for it too.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3893804&pagenumber=4&perpage=40