Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

this game is great and I've barely started.

It's really good , but what's really insane to me is that there's like no competition . There's a lot of indie metroidvanias but nobody's really done the symphony of the night/dawn of sorrow thing since those games came out . This is the first game to hit that spot in like a decade which makes it pretty easy for me to forgive any flaws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

goferchan posted:

It's really good , but what's really insane to me is that there's like no competition . There's a lot of indie metroidvanias but nobody's really done the symphony of the night/dawn of sorrow thing since those games came out . This is the first game to hit that spot in like a decade which makes it pretty easy for me to forgive any flaws

yeah thats whats hitting me, i just wanna tool around and cut into every crevice of the map, most indie metroidvanias would be better off becoming linear games cuz the map just feels like a waste of time

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Remember Chasm. lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

elf help book posted:

yeah thats whats hitting me, i just wanna tool around and cut into every crevice of the map, most indie metroidvanias would be better off becoming linear games cuz the map just feels like a waste of time

Yeah I guess it also depends on your definition of metroidvania because it's gotten pretty loose . There are lots of nonlinear platformers with some RPG elements (like La Mulana which I think is a masterpiece) but nobody's really just straight ripped off the castlevania games until now so this scratches an itch nothing else has

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I think my game is bugged and I'm stuck at 99.9% exploration.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wait. I found it.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Well I beat it but I probably won't do NG+ for a while.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The sexy Dracula David hayter Guy is cool

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
the secret alucard boss fight is a billion times harder than anything else in the game

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
this is one of the best castlevanias

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I would say it’s the best after Aria and the prequel and Rondo and the Classic ones.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The bosses are so horrible.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've only fought one but it was cool bc it was just another person. Which are my favorite kind of Castlevania bosses

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well the boss on the tutorial boat was pretty stupid

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
ive fought a few .. most of them are alright but since its 3d its not always clear where the hitbox is, but i stuck with normal mode so i dont really care til ng+. which is weird since they got the normal enemies down fine. i guess its cos they attack faster and have more of them

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
jesus.....u keep the speedup soul on ng+. this changes everything

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

jesus.....u keep the speedup soul on ng+. this changes everything

Oh poo poo. *throws Mario Maker 2 in the trash*

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm currently stuck in the game. I just beat the the twin dragon heads at the tower and am not sure where to go. The alchemy lady said I should find a hallway in the experiment room but that is so vague and I've been all over the map and can't find a place that I haven't been before but can now access.

EDIT - Nvm I looked online what to do. How the gently caress was I suppose to figure that out?

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Jan 23, 2020

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

American McGay posted:

Goondolences.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

I'm currently stuck in the game. I just beat the the twin dragon heads at the tower and am not sure where to go. The alchemy lady said I should find a hallway in the experiment room but that is so vague and I've been all over the map and can't find a place that I haven't been before but can now access.

EDIT - Nvm I looked online what to do. How the gently caress was I suppose to figure that out?

very carefully

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I beat the game. Outside of three "how was I suppose to figure that out?!" moments, the game was great. It's literally another Castlevania in a but name.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/IntiCreatesEN/status/1276726893329309698

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
drat that's soon. Hype.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Forgot about this game, which is named BloodTurd.

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
The switch port is still rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SpaceAceJase posted:

The switch port is still rear end

its loving awful and i never got to play this game bc of it. ive restarted 3 times, the furthest i got was the dragon coiled around the tower boss but whenever i fought it i would fall through the floor after about 20 seconds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

its loving awful and i never got to play this game bc of it. ive restarted 3 times, the furthest i got was the dragon coiled around the tower boss but whenever i fought it i would fall through the floor after about 20 seconds.

thats in every version