Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Considering an app/website where you sign up with a company name in order to do kind of anonymous (or not) collective bargaining without a formal union

Employees could perhaps be verified by consensus based on sharing app identifiers w/ people they trust in real life. Optionally share things like salary, department, years of service, gender. Maybe those "in the know" could add info like company profitability, compensation of owners/executives, etc. Organize informal agreements like "ask for x% raise next review", "just give minimum effort this week", or whatever.

fine laywers of yospos...how legal would this be in the US (as a user or as the app owner itself, although if implemented carefully i imagine this could be done without much stored on a central server)? and how against employment agreements would this be (I imagine "very" in many states)? what else is wrong with it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
I like the idea.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
its called blind hth

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
some companies are blocking blind emails now

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

checking it out now and good lord this is a shitshow, but hey that's a wakeup call. maybe the company-private channels aren't such a mess and could be used for what I'm looking for though.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

app to get better pretzels in the snack bowl, possibly cool ranch flavor

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i say go for it. let me know how it turns out

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

I'm the instant data breach

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

pram posted:

its called blind hth

hmm... this app sucks

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
finally an app with an obvious monetization

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
collective bargaining app, but its hosted by the employer

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
you may collectively bargain for such things as:

- types of beer stocked in the break room
- manager appreciation awards
- 2% merit increase

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill
beer?!

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The office has a strict no drinking policy but also a cooler of beer with a camera pointed at it.

taco_fox
Dec 14, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

you may collectively bargain for such things as:

- types of beer stocked in the break room

So long dental plan!

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

George posted:

I think the best order is to sell the data to hedge funds, then the press, then management but maybe there's a better option.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

George posted:

users of the app could pay in something like 1% of their paycheck to the devs

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Salt Fish posted:

The office has a strict no drinking policy but also a cooler of beer with a camera pointed at it.

you open a can, and take a sip, and it’s lacroix inside

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
leave app idling to accrue seniority

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
great job creation tool - new corporate snitch position whose job it is to just sit in the app and send the logs to management