Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LibCrusher
Jan 6, 2019

by Fluffdaddy
for instance, I have a year-old "high performance" windows 10 laptop.
Sometimes I can hit enter when its locked to type my pin, sometimes enter does nothing and I have to click.
Sometimes one updater forces a restart while other updaters are installing poo poo. This has caused me to have to reinstall video drivers and other fun stuff.
The left click on my trackpad doesn't work very well
The keyboard lighting is user configurable and controlled by a program on the computer. Despite setting what I want and deleting all other configurations, it still just kinda does whatever it wants
The taskbar randomly kinda flickers for no reason
Sticky notes takes a few minutes to start after a reboot, and when it does it pops up over everything and steals focus and cant be minimized for several seconds
CPU usage seems to spike randomly, slowing everything down
Tray icons change resolution seemingly at random. Sometimes they're crisp, and sometimes they're obviously rendered for like 1024x768
I just scrolled down the page in another thread and it beeped at me through the speakers for no discernable reason
Bluetooth fails randomly
And windows 10 is really terrible with the split between settings and control panel

All in all I'd say the user experience is half as good as my 2013 MBP, which just works.

Please share weird poo poo your compy does that annoys you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001

LibCrusher posted:

windows 10

found your problem op

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

but I heard windows 10 was good now!?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
blame the user

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
it displays your posts op

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
the thunderbolt connection randomly dies meaning my monitor goes black and all my active ssh connections die and all the windows get jumbled

All in all I'd say the user experience is half as good as my 2015 MBP, which just works.

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
emulating zelda runs faster on my slower second vga card than it does on my main one.

i have no idea why, i even think the second card is on an pcie x4 3.0 link.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

vivaldi needs to be closed and restarted every few days or it starts to lag when opening new tabs

that's it op have you considered being less bad with computer ???

pram
Jun 10, 2001

found your problem op

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

pram posted:

found your problem op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
jesus where did you come from. good to see ya

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

it keeps showing me your posts

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

instead of: beep boop does not compute

try: beep boop do not compute

was going to use this to be mean to are president beep but I just can't do it

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
honestly my computer barely ever does anything I don’t want it to do, and hangs around waiting for me to do the poo poo I want to do and then does it the moment I sit down. what’s your problem

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

they are using windows, op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

it displays your posts op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Granite Octopus
Jun 24, 2008

if my computer was so smart how come it let me shitpost on these here forums ???